[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - The strange wanderings of a solo necromancer

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:19 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
/ooc The following is a story describing my acquisition of one piece for my Necro Epic, and my attempt to get that rare piece of equipment, a .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I scribe this log, I hope that future generations will find it useful or at least entertaining...hopefully legible, as I am so tired...so tired...

This very evening, two important persons in the land of Norrath met their demise at my hands. In Qeynos Hills lie the corpses of one Sir Edwin Motte and a particular fisherman by the name of Hadden.

It has been years, long years, since I fought with nothing more than my sturdy and dependable pet at my side. For years now I have always been accompanied by my living comrades and I felt myself growing soft...felt the need to test my mettle one on one with a few dangerous enemies, to prove my bravery and hone my skills. It certainly has nothing to do with being so short.....

Having heard the whispered rumors over and over, from the bowels of Qeynos Catacombs to the secret tunnels below Freeport, I knew that Sir Edwin Motte had recently slain one of the servants of master necromancer Kazen. I had it in mind that perhaps if I was to rise above the lesser casters into the ranks of necromantic greatness, I would need to appease Kazen himself, and kill this Motte character for him.

That is what brought me to Qeynos Hills. I had a roguish comrade of mine steal a copy of the Freeport and Qeynos guard schedules and knew that Motte regularly served as messenger from Freeport to Qeynos. I waited near the valley leading to Western Karana, my pet and I behind some bushes, within earshot of the nearby guard tower...watching...waiting...and then he was there! I almost didn't have time to react, as Motte immediately sprinted, at full speed, down the road, without so much as stopping to check in at the guard tower. A quick ROOT and he was caught. I risked a quick look at the guard tower, but they seemed too distracted to notice the plight of their brother. My pet immediately engaged, I invoked the wrath of my lord Bertoxxulous, and despite Motte's ability to Lay Hands upon himself, he soon lay bloodied and dead at my feet. My Visceral Dagger made short work of the decapitation, and I stuffed the Head of Sir Edwin Motte deep into one of my backpacks. "This will make a fine present for Kazen" I thought.....

Feeling thus pleased, I decided to risk another nearby venture. With my pet in tow, I made my way to the fishing lake in Qeynos Hills. Aside from the usual riffraff (fishermen, guards, erudite travelers) I was alone. This, I was sure, was the place where the famous "Hadden" came to fish. I opened up my tinkered talk-and-listen device and began communicating with the members of the guild. Did anyone know much about Hadden? How often does he come to fish? Does he always wear the earring for which he is famous? "every 4 hours"..."every 6 hours"...the guesses rolled in...."Engage him in the water to get the earring!"...Other people came to look for Hadden, but seeing me, politely stepped aside...they nodded, understood, often with a "good luck" and were gone...

I parked my pet in the shallow lake and sat down on the shore opposite Hadden's fishing hut to watch....the time passed....the sun rose and fell twice...I grew weary...my fishing bait long since gone, my only cure for loneliness was listening to screams as the guild was beat on by a large turtle...though, it was good to hear them decisively turn the tables just minutes later ()....and then, Hadden came to fish. Or so he thought....

A blast of disease brought Hadden into the lake toward me, but my pet stopped him dead in his tracks. Both of them up to their waists in water, the water soon turned blood red. Hadden never left the lake...and was soon face down in it. I ran to his corpse, hoping for the rare earring...but to no avail. Hadden had left it at home. His body sank to the depths. So, at least the rumor of "engaging Hadden in the water ensures an earring" can be laid to rest. (Unlike other "rumors" about a certain Scavenger Hunt which are alive and well).

I haven't slept in days...and now, as I close this post, I stand my pet over my bedroll and drift off to sleep, confident that I've not lost my ability to survive in the wilds alone....

Drexxell

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:26 am 
Friend of WoV

Well, to clarify, it must be a six hour camp, cause I came back for his next spawning, and it was about 5 hours and 45 minutes, whenever you dropped him, he respawned at 4:17 CST. And, he dropped the earring :) It was my first time killing Hadden for myself :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:50 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Grrrr...but gratz Kat :) I am glad that someone in the guild was able to at least profit from my painful little venture.

I killed him at 11:25 PM EST, you killed him at 5:17 AM EST, so yes, must be right in the 5:45 to 6:00 range. That means he's due to pop in about 25 minutes from this posting....

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:52 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I checked...he was camped already :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:03 am 
Friend of WoV

Aye, and he didn't have the drop, went down at 10:14 CST, so, there might be a snooping kitty at around 4pm CST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan