[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Kedge Keep

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:31 pm 
Friend of WoV

No we don't have to rearrange our schedule for another guild...but the question is who will be in the zone first? Us or them? If both guilds intend on being there at the same time it could be an advantage to join together rather than compete for zone mobs. Provided that it all could be worked out...otherwise, someone is not going to invade the zone...which of course is the risk we always take in planning these multi-day hunts. Not everyone is going to leave a zone alone just because we have it on our calendar. Sometimes we have to roll with the punches in order to obtain our end goals...in this case it might be to share the hunt with another guild...and the idea of joining them could turn out to be beneficial as well on Sunday at Chardok....the Royals are a tough lot and we need cleric click sticks in a bad way....it could be a golden opportunity!! or it could be a devastating disappointment! Either way...it could be an adventure! Ooops....sorry changing subjects....anyhow back on track now....we do need to ponder the idea as well that being a weekend that KK might be camped by even yet another guild which would not even afford us to persue our hunt....so I guess No to the initial answer to the question of rearranging the schedule for another guild, but Yes we might have to rearrange our schedule for self-preservation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:57 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Don't look at me, wus only pointin out a conflict that needed ta be thot about. Would rather communicate and coordinate with another guild than Butt Heads......But ....Surphat ken butt heads with the best of em. Just so hard ironing out the dents!

Sursadan Cleric of 57 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 60 Seasons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:12 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0
The reason I try to schedule events over a period of days is for two reasons, first so that folks who may not be able to attend on a single certain day have an chance to attend, and so that if on a day or two the target of the raid is camped we can always go on another day. Also backup plans will be in place in case the main objective is taken.

The above having been said, I'm not against a joint raid on saturday with RMOV in kedge keep, I've hunted with RMOV and they are nice enough folks. It might even be in our interest to join up with them so that Phinney can be done in the event we don't have enough numbers to do him alone. If some kind of cooperative agreement can't be reached, then what we do will be decided on saturday.

With porters we can alwys regroup and hunt any other zone, Chardok or The Grey or Teneb or Kael.

As for Sunday, as always the attendance of any raid I put together is not mandatory, I'll hunt in kedge with 2-3 other people if we can manage it or 2-3 groups it doesnt matter. Everyone is welcome and helping folks out with epic drops is always appreciated, but I understand if people choose to go elsewhere, or need to work on their own epics.

If this raid is half as sucessful as the COM raid was then we'll have a great time and accomplish a lot.

Hope to see you there!

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:06 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Great start to the series of hunts and a wonderful turnout! I'm sure Dorann will be posting the "official" summary but I wanted to thank those who helped me get the Kedge Cave Crystals for the druid epic. There are plenty more drops (druids, rogues, wizzies) down there and we will be trying for them.

Here's a partial list of those who were there while I was; I apologize in advance for whoever I leave out:

Allegretta, Minalcar, Lacries, Wulvenn, Kkwiz, Emopunk, Snowcap, Puddinghead, Hudilg, Arkalon, Rogier, Billette, Chadopro, Tsai, Dorann, Orionpax, Surphat, Zbik, Xindu, Kabeen, Tanliel, Salyen, Wowe, Bewary, Ggnarl, Kahmon.

See you all tonight for round 2 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:17 am 
Officer

:grin:
Thanks alley for the post on the hap's in kedge, sorry I had to drop out so early last night but the domestic monster appeared and had to be dealt with.
We did have a great turnout with two solid groups showing up early last night and growing to almost 3 great groups just before I had to log off, we were in kedge by 6:15 central. It was apparent that another guild must have killed the names earlier in the day as none were up not even phinney. We quickly moved in with only minor problems, had one death due to EB running out but fixed that and before long we were in the area that tainted seahorses run free. Hunted that area for about two hours with a tainted pop just as I had to log out.

Grats Allegretta on the druid epic drop! The first of a few if all goes well this week. Also thanks to alley for helping me with the logistics of planning groups, I think we even had a little better split on exp this time, saves me lots of headaches and lets me focus on other things when I have help so much appreciated.

Just before I left Phinney did show up on track and plans were being made to bring in some clerics and try him, but I'm not sure if that happened.

Thanks to Salyen also for stepping up and taking over when I had to leave as well as backing me up as I navigated kedge for first time using map. I think I've got the hang of it and know how to read the thing now.

As for other drops I believe I saw a Hammerhead helm drop early last night and will check on that for awarding.

Looking forward to Night #2, hopefully we'll have some nameds up to kill and if we can get 3 solid groups with a couple of clerics we should be able to take down phinney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:41 am 

Thought that I'd take a minute to post my comments on the Kedge raid. As the "youngest" member there at 38th, I think the zone is really a GREAT zone. Although the underwater portion tends to scare off more people than it should, it provides an interesting play environment.

I was pleased with our progress last night. In getting one corrupted seahorse, we established ourselves and everyone was pumped up and ready to go after Phinigel Autropos, the last of the Kedge. After a fairly long time of getting regrouped, people logging and such, we headed in to the very last chamber. Once making it safely through to the "safe ledge" we proceeded to get the 4 swirlspine seahorses that guard the top of the pillars in the room. Kahmon did a GREAT job pulling all night!

We took care of those guys with only 2 down, Rogier and Wowe. Rez'd 'em and then proceeded to the floor. Pulled some more seahorses and finished 'em off. We moved to the corner on our right. No problems there. Kahmon went scouting to see where Phini was and died. Chadopro was able to pull the corpse back, got 'im rez'd and we tried again. Unfortunately, 5 (?) seahorses were too much for our 3 groups. We started losing people, including our 2 clerics and an Evac got called, so at least most of 2 groups made it to zone in.

More corpses spawned when we went on a recovery mission. It took the intervention of our tireless corpse retriever to get the bodies...all except for mine. Somehow somewhere ... we couldn't find it. So it had to be summoned and then rez'd. A great big /HUG and /THANKS to Billette, Kahmon, and Bulerian for that. Everyone stayed way past time to get me my bod.

What'd we learn?
We CAN take the seahorses ... just have to pull in small amounts.
I expect that we WILL be taking Phinigel down this week.

I'm going to be checking on my availability for more Kedge this weekend, I really enjoyed it. Thanks to our leaders for a profitable first night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:07 am 
Hail WoV,

8am & work came a bit too early for me this morning, but alas, I have grinded through my delerium.

Thank you for the Guest-Invite to Last Night's Kedge Raid. Though the result was not quite what we expected, there is no substitute for experience. Anyway, it was nice to meet more of the WoV crew.

In regards to our scheduling conflict for Saturday, a compromise may be in order. Our main target for the raid was to be Undertow, for 1 of our Mages Epic (Also scheduled well-in-advance). Perhaps on Saturday, we could assist you guys with Phinny and others in exchange for a Little Undertow Assistance. If Undertow is one of your main targets, I can see if our troops can reschedule ( though we'll have 1 irate mage on our hands! :evil: )

We are planing to be in Chardok on Sunday at 6pm Eastern. If as listed above, you guys might contemplate helping there with the Royals, We would be most appreciative! Besides, you can never have enough friends with Clicksticks! :grin:

I am positive that you can call on Veeshans Legacy for Mob/Battle/Raid support anytime. There are strength in numbers.....

Thanks Again for the Pool Party, Phinny will Die next time........

Chadopro WetRanger
Veeshan's Legacy Officer & Wannabe Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:44 am 
There were 9 new posts in the time it took me to write my Essay from Above!

Anyway, we are happy to work with you guys to find common ground.

Like Lacries Said, a bit of inter-guild cooperation would be mutually beneficial...

We have Sarama, our Guild Leader armed with a Click Stick, and I tell you, its the most Raid enhancing feature that I have ever seen. A raid force with 3-5 would be almost unstoppable....Rez during battle, heal, back into melee! <-- Food for Thought.

Most Importantly, We Dont Want No Trouble!

Chadopro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:55 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Surphat (remembering him an ZBIK as last peeps standing, with 2 Guardians hammering on them) thinks that a little cooperating tween the 2 guilds would be most beneficial. As far as I know, WoV is there ta do Phinny and UnderTow was possible bene. A little help with Undertow for a little help with Phinny seems like an excellent trade ta Surphat! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:55 am 
Officer

The goals in kedge are first of all to have fun. :grin:
We are hunting kedge with the goal being to get anyone who needs epic drops from the mobs that drop them. I believe we've gotten one mage drop from an earlier trip it will depend on who shows and needs as to weather or not we still need undertow for his drop or not, we were hunting tainted seahorses for the corrupted to spawn for the druid epic and since we have 3 or more druids that need that drop for their epic I believe we will be working on getting them the next few nights. Hopefully we will also be able to move and kill phinney if we have enough people. So far the strategy has been to move into kedge, kill estrella if she's up move into undertow/tainted seahorse area and kill named if up then hunt for tainteds for an extended amount of time or untill such time as we have enough people/intrest in raid to move to phinney. For example last night took about 2-3 hours for first tainted seahorse to spawn.

As for saturday and working with others, I'm all for it, I'm sure we will be able to work something out and cooperate so that everyone benefits. It will all also depend on what named mobs are up and how soon they might pop.

As for sunday, I'd love to go to chardok but as stated I had scheduled an event for kedge and if folks show up we will hunt what we can. Oherwise I wish those hunting in chardok the best of luck if nobody shows for kedge then we'll just regroup and finish strong on our last day Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:43 am 
Officer

Yawn! Was a late night in the keep for this Paladin so here's the report of night two's activities. :morning:

:woot:
Night two was an interesting evening, but I think it's been the most sucessful raid I've had the honor to be a part of even though no boss mob was killed. We had quite a few new faces and as such some bumps in the road earlier in the evening but everyone did great. We had several deaths to different members due to enduring breath wearining off, but I think and hope the new people learned quite a bit. Kedge is a very challenging zone with its ups and downs and odd mob pathing and lack of air. We had folks who knew the zone lending a hand and giving tips on how to survive etc which was good to see. We moved quickly into estrella's room and killed her, congrats to Min who got the druid drop wand she had. We moved into room near seahorses and cleared most of the room above then gathered some folks who showed up late with salyen casting COH to make things painless, might pass him a component or two for that spell if u can as it's really a handy spell, I think its a pearl but might ask and check. We then moved into the seahorse room killed undertows place holder and went through the full spawn cycle there twice with no tainted seahorses pop'n.

While waiting for seahorses to pop second time it was decided that even though Phinney wasn't up we would go attempt to clear his room of seahorses and get the paladins present their bone, for their quest spell. After the second spawn salyen quickly lead us back through the maze of tunnels. Just before arriving at our destination in Phinney's Irod and some others arrived to help strengthen our numbers. We moved up to the ledge overlooking Phinney's room and I proceeded to pull after we had meditated and buffed. Here's where I'm extremely proud, even thought my first pull included 4 seahorses that are extremely difficult mobs that cast dispell stun spin and complete heal several times we worked as a team carefully , calmly and killed all of the mobs pulled without a single death. Wayfarers is capable of taking Phinney we proved that by clearing his room of all his guards 3 times and both Surph and Titovon got thier quest items. We had a few deaths during our time there due to not knowing how fast the seahorses respawned, but I dont think we ever lost more than two folks at same time and they were quickly res'd and buffed and back in the fight. The people there proved we have the ability as a guild to do some of the most challenging zones in the game if we put our minds to it at least in this Paladin's humble opinion.

Great second night!
See you tonight for round 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:28 pm 
Officer

Saturday night after I left the raid continued and as I understand it Phinney went down! Two lamentation 2hs weapons dropped earlier off of estrella but no tainted seahorses would pop before I had to leave.

Sunday I had surprise visitors and had to cook dinner and help entertain and so I missed if the event happened or not. Sorry I will be there for last night (Monday).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:07 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Surphat got waylaid in route and the RL monster gave him quite a tussle over the weekend precluding him from participating. Hopes to avoid that particular mob tonight. :wink:

Went on the raid hoping to help Wayf's get epic stuff and mayhap a EB item I had heard was there and XP. Did not know till Friday that Surphat even needed anything from there! Been so long since he has had to think bout new spells. :oops: Thanks for the help.

One thing to remember, the Sea Horses pop afore the finger bones repop! The trick should be clear, get bones, clear, get bones (If ya got more than one needin em). Found that out the hard way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:59 pm 
Officer

Yeah I wish I had that kinda luck Surl :? Been trying for that fingerbone for 4 nights now (only 3 of them were WoV raids), and Murphy's Law hit me with "the one day you didn't join was the one day we got the fingerbones for all the paladins who needed them." 8-O Unfortunately, for me at least, it seems that the trick will be more like: distraction group pulls seahorses, I sneak in for the fingerbone, distraction group evacs, I get the fingerbone, seahorses seek their revenge on me, Kahmon does summon corpse. I hope this works, I think I'll find out tonight. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:12 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

What Orion did not mention is that he has ALL of the other drops to complete the quest. I hope we can help him finish it up tonight.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next