[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Some New Info to Consider....

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:35 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'd also like to add that its nice to see someone finally willing to talk about things. To often we call this kinda thing a "conspiracy theory" and ignore it. In my opinion this kinda thing needs to be talked about. The facts need to be told.

Something else most people don't know about is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_a ... th_America this is a lead up to the North America Union.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 pm 
Friend of WoV

Magelo: 0

Nemesis of Quillmane and self-proclaimed master of Kedge Keep
Lease holder for the rooftops of Gyrospires Beza and Zeka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:26 pm 

lol Godwin's Law

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:58 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I have an account with Mercola so I didn't know about that....tho I can tell you from my personal exp with the site that they dont ask for money. I've never paid a dime to them and I have access to all the articles and video's.

As for the Vit D stuff. It all depends on who you talk to or believe. I've heard from several sources that in order to get enough Vit D from the sun, you'd have to spend an hour in the sun at peak time every day. Not many people I know do that. Vit D is KNOWN to effect mood and depression.

Another influenza season is beginning, and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will strongly urge Americans to get a flu shot. In fact, the CDC mounts a well-orchestrated campaign each season to generate interest and demand for flu shots.

But a recent study published in the October issue of the Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine found that vaccinating young children against the flu appeared to have no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons.

At first glance, the data did suggest that children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years derived some protection from vaccination in these years. But after adjusting for potentially relevant variables, the researchers concluded that "significant influenza vaccine effectiveness could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting" examined.

Additionally, a Group Health study found that flu shots do not protect elderly people against developing pneumonia -- the primary cause of death resulting as a complication of the flu. Others have questioned whether there is any mortality benefit with influenza vaccination. Vaccination coverage among the elderly increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now, but there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza or pneumonia.

There is some evidence that flu shots cause Alzheimer’s disease, most likely as a result of combining mercury with aluminum and formaldehyde. Mercury in vaccines has also been implicated as a cause of autism.

Three other serious adverse reactions to the flu vaccine are joint inflammation and arthritis, anaphylactic shock (and other life-threatening allergic reactions), and Guillain-Barré syndrome, a paralytic autoimmune disease.

One credible hypothesis that explains the seasonal nature of flu is that influenza is a vitamin D deficiency disease.

Vitamin D levels in your blood fall to their lowest point during flu seasons. Unable to be protected by the body’s own antibiotics (antimicrobial peptides) that are released by vitamin D, a person with a low vitamin D blood level is more vulnerable to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections.

Studies show that children with rickets, a vitamin D-deficient skeletal disorder, suffer from frequent respiratory infections, and children exposed to sunlight are less likely to get a cold. The increased number of deaths that occur in winter, largely from pneumonia and cardiovascular diseases, are most likely due to vitamin D deficiency.

At least five studies show an inverse association between lower respiratory tract infections and 25(OH)D levels. That is, the higher your vitamin D level, the lower your risk of contracting colds, flu, andother respiratory tract infections:
Unfortunately, now, for the first time, flu vaccination is also being pushed for virtually all children -- not just those under 5.

This is a huge change. Previously, flu vaccine was recommended only for youngsters under 5, who can become dangerously ill from influenza. This year, the government is recommending that children from age 6 months to 18 years be vaccinated, expanding inoculations to 30 million more school-age children.

The government argues that while older children seldom get as sick as the younger ones, it's a bigger population that catches flu at higher rates, so the change should cut missed school, and parents' missed work when they catch the illness from their children.

Of course, this policy ignores the fact that a systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo.

That might be the article you were looking at. I would however like to say that I would rather spend a few bucks on Vitamins and Minerals, than the hundreds on medicine that most doctors want to put people on. I could try to find some videos that I watched....but seeing as you dont watch them at work, should I bother?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 am 
Friend of WoV

Nemesis of Quillmane and self-proclaimed master of Kedge Keep
Lease holder for the rooftops of Gyrospires Beza and Zeka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:31 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Yes I do get a newsletter from them, no I've not had any spam from signing up for it. Mark the newsletter as junk and that is where it will go. Regardless the information is still free, as in there is no cost, set up a dummy email addy. We are kinda getting off topic however.

As for the Vitamin D stuff, just doing a quick google search got me several sites...and I am trying to remember the speakers name that I first heard a lot of this from.
http://www.improve-mental-health.com/vi ... ssion.html
http://longevity.about.com/od/mentalfit ... _depre.htm

I've personally taken 10,000 IU of vitamin d three times a day for approx 5 weeks and had no ill effect, I also noticed a difference in my mood. That might be because I "think" its working....I mean really everything comes down to belief. That is fairly obvious with the whole placebo effect.

As for the HIGHLY exaggerated claim. Tell me one media outlet that doesn't do that, whichever direction they may swing. That was also only put there because I thought it might be the article you were referring to in a previous post.

We all must make our own decision based on the information we "feel" is correct for us.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16766480
http://www.jleukbio.org/cgi/content/full/81/2/474 <--- no I did not read the whole thing and a lot of it doesn't make sense to me as I am not a chemist or a biologist. But from what I gathered, I will still not inject that crap into me or my child.

/quote Yet simmering beneath these national numbers is a trend that's working in the microbes' favor—and against ours.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... z12SMiEVXz /quote

Since when is it against our favor to question what we are putting into our body and how its going to effect us in the long term. I find it highly unlikely to find a study that doesn't sway one way or the other in regards to this. So it will just have to be left to each individual to decide for themselves. Also part of the problem I have with vaccines and the whole reasoning for it is that we are a far cleaner society here in the west, for the most part. A lot of diseases were only there because of unsanitary conditions. A healthy immune system through proper diet and a healthy life style will allow people to fend off most if not all vaccinated diseases. The other problem I have with it is that not a single disease that they vaccinate for would normally be introduced into the human body through a needle into muscle. If they did it with a drop/spray, I would be a little more likely to do it.

The water stuff. Holy crap....where to begin....its not just the fact that there is chlorine in it, how about the Fluoride...
http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/

I think the bigger picture always needs to be looked at. This is just one small aspect, of which another issue I have is the REQUIREMENT of vaccines. Since when does/should anyone have the right to tell me how to live my life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:17 pm 
Guild Leader

Most of these sites ask for e-mail addresses for security sake...and I have found you can opt for or out concerning the news letters they send....my 1/2 cents worth :) :) ...OK I will have to give you the other 1 and 1/2 cents...I too think we are bomb barded by way to many meds...but in the defense of vaccines...not all are bad.... polio, whooping cough...... tuberculosis, measles, mumbs and quit a few other....we don't see them due to immunization...so where we have to use common sense and when to get our shots is something to think about...and the reason someone not getting these almost eradicated diseases is not due to not getting vaccines....it is because so many of us did get the vaccines ....and the exposure for our little ones has been reduced greatly.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:08 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssg1V9c7E5s

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:22 pm 
Guild Leader

I get it....I know what you are saying...I feel your pain so to speak...I am just saying they're are SOME people/doctors who want nothing more than to cure diseases and have done just that...now we get into our pharmaceutical companies that do nothing but profit from peoples illnesses and do not want any cures...but not all ....some diseases are not seen due to the fact someone developed a vaccine to cure it.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:40 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

/rant

Last year I heard on the news they wanted to start testing using Asbestos on CHILDREN with cancer....tell me....what kid of person would do that? certainly not one that wants to see the child live. Billions have been dumped into cancer research and the best they have is Asbestos? chemotherapy? carcinogenic drugs? When are they going to learn about nutrition? about stress? about people that have recovered with just a change of life style?....I am afraid that most of the people in the allopathic field are corrupted by pharmaceutical company's. Not all, but most. They have known about high dose Vitamin C treatment for cancer since the 40's....how many people know about it today?

/end rant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:59 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:59 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Don't know if I linked this site or not yet, but its pretty good.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/

Pretty good article I just finished reading.

http://www.mindfully.org/Health/Academi ... 8may00.htm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:18 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 am 

One notable exception

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:41 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Under your statement is this...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Not sure what you posted.