[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Some New Info to Consider....

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Its been a while since I posted anything on here. Hello all. I am an old EQ player that retired some time ago. I just watched this and think its worth seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbs_9v2o ... re=related

Happy hunting and I hope at least 1 person watches it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:06 am 
Guild Leader

I watched it.....very disturbing at the least...makes one wonder what is in store for our young ones!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:21 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

The most disturbing part to me is that big companies ADMIT to using fear tactics to get us to take vaccines that are doing more damage than good, yet people still buy into it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:37 pm 
Guild Leader

like cattle to slaughter almost the way we trust our government and if you say anything about it, your an alarmist....faith...is all that seems to make sense to me :grin:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:37 am 

Magelo: 0
It just confirms what I thought from the beginning...the gummit is trying to cull the herd.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

It's not just in the U.S.; it's an international problem. There was such fear in my small town where I live that mothers were frantically lining up to get the shot, falsely secure in the knowledge that they were doing the best they could to preserve the health of their children. Pregnant women health care workers were even given the shot first.

I don't have any local statistics on the effect of such a concentrated effort, but one of the reasons *I* didn't take it was this herd-like fear that stampeded people to the "free" clinics providing the flu shots. Guess my instincts were right.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:42 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I didn't get it cause I figure, hell I've had the flu before. My immune system is top notch, bring it on!!!!

I may not be tough, but damnit I can get good and mad!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 am 
Friend of WoV

For those of us not able to view videos while at work (which is where I typically read the forums) can someone give me the gist version of what these are about?

Nemesis of Quillmane and self-proclaimed master of Kedge Keep
Lease holder for the rooftops of Gyrospires Beza and Zeka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:42 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Its about vaccines and the amount of shit that goes into them and the fact that H1N1 and just about every other "scare" is a load of BS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 pm 
Friend of WoV

Ok, well I still haven't watched the video and there isn't much detail here, but I have to say that this topic is a pet peeve of mine. But not in the direction it seems to be going here, the other way. I'm a pro-vaccination person, and there has been so much misinformation and knee-jerk reactions going around the internet lately about vaccines that it's positively scary to me.

I'm not saying it's not possible that there may have been vaccines that did damage, or elements in vaccines that seem scary, but I'm reasonably confident (I won't say 100%) that modern vaccines are not harmful, and certainly do more good than harm. I don't have all the details handy, but since I haven't had the details from the video yet I don't know what I should be trying to refute anyway. Is this the "there's mercury in them!" scare, or "it causes autism!" scare, or some other I haven't seen yet?

I also know that vaccines aren't 100% protectors for an individual. If you were the only person to get a vaccine against a disease (this is all dependent on the vaccine and disease it protects against of course) in a community, you have roughly a 30% chance of still catching the disease (these are guesstimate numbers from some literature I read on the topic a while back. I can't remember the precise numbers, so these are example numbers just to get the point across). However if the whole community is vaccinated you have less than a 1% chance. Your individual odds of catching the disease shot up rapidly the larger the percentage of your community was not vaccinated.

That's why this topic bothers me. Some people say "Oh, well I've heard there's sketchy stuff in the vaccine then I won't take it", and it's everyone's right not to take it, but if they're making that decision based on misinformation then that misinformation not only put that person at a higher risk, it helps put their entire community at a larger risk.

Now as I said, I haven't watched the video. There may be more compelling evidence in there than what I've read before. But if it's the same scare stuff that's been floating around for the past couple of years then I don't buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:43 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

This video has more to do with the people behind the need for the vaccine and the fact that the Swine Flu and Bird flu are admittedly just fear tactics used on the people to keep them in line. Why not just watch the movie? its 30 minutes. These things are all just cash grabs, each shot is $300 and people were FORCED to get it.....doesn't matter who pays for it. The pharmaceutical corporations are raking in billions for crap that is all just to scare people.

If you cant watch a video, here is the doctors website that was talking in the video. I watched it and thought it was worth sharing. http://drtenpenny.com/default.aspx

My son is now almost 3 and has not and will not have anything shot into him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:13 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

I laugh at advertisments for medications where the side effects are worse than the condition they are treating.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 am 
Friend of WoV

You'll have to forgive me, but I question the motives of any doctor where the first thing I see when I go to their web site is a link to their many books, DVDs, and CDs available for $20-$30 a pop. Not to mention the large number of vitamin supplements and other whatnots available in her store. It seems to me this might be less about trying to inform the public and more about trying to scare them with a little information, and then saying "for more info buy one of my many informative books or DVDs!"

Now what I WILL agree with is that vaccination is a business, and pharm companies do place their profits first. They certainly overcharge for their products, both vaccinations and other medicines. However I'm not sure what $300 shot you're talking about that people were forced to take. I know around here flu shots are typically $25-$35 a pop, and childhood vaccinations, well, I don't know since most of my daughters were covered by insurance so I didn't pay much attention to the explanation of benefits. I still haven't watched the movie because as I said, I typically only think to read the forums during my downtime at work. I'll try to make a point to remember and watch it when I go home for my lunch break.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:18 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Two things to say. First you mentioned misinformation, to that I will say that it works both ways, doctors and the main stream corporate media only tell you what they want you to know with the slant on it that they want you to see. Second the reason imho that she has vitamins on her website is that most people don't realize how much of a vitamin deficiency they have. Next time you go to your doctor, get your blood checked for vit d (that is just one of the many but a pretty important one), healthy level is somewhere around 70-90 iirc. Most people are below 20. Great website with TONS of free info is http://www.mercola.com/. The other thing about most of the video's they try to sell you can watch for free on youtube most of the time. Take everything with a grain of salt. As to the $300 dollar shots, it was in our news here (Canada) that's what each flu shot cost.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:21 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

http://drtenpenny.com/swine_flu_hype.aspx I guess if you dig a little there is more information to be found.