[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Open letter to Bten

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Open letter to Bten
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:54 am 
Officer

Magelo: 0
Bten , I’m sure you would say I’m not qualified since I currently do not play EQ. Most likely you will not agree with any of my statements and merely dismiss them as inconsequential. I will still post because I feel the need to do so. You might consider that a person who isn’t on every day or raiding every raid might actually be someone to listen to. Logically these people wouldn’t be the type of person sucking up for selfish reasons and mindlessly parroting the party line as you seem to imply others are doing. My post is more for those others whom you have attacked on a personal level that I still consider friends.

I’m not sure what precipitated this vitriolic outburst but I believe you might want to consider one thing. This is a game, not a job, not a club, and not a support group. People play this game for fun. To be more specific most people play for their fun. When it is no longer fun they often choose to do something else.

There are a limited number of hours in the day and people must choose what they want to accomplish. A guild is a place where you try to find people who have goals and schedules that are compatible with your own. If a person isn’t interested in the same thing I would suggest you don’t take it personal and don’t make the other person out to be the bad guy just because their wants and needs aren’t the same as yours. If you can’t handle that I would suggest you play a single player RPG. There the NPC’s will hang on your every word, they will help anytime you ask and the world will stop when you log off.

Many times as an officer I would log into the game and be inundated by tells from various people. Many were simple well wishes and conversation. Others were requests for help on various quests, questions etc. It was not unusual for 7 or more conversations to be occurring at once. I know others like guild leaders could have even more. I don’t make this statement as a complaint but for clarification. I feel many of your concerns might have been based on a flawed and incomplete picture. You may not have been aware. Sometimes when a person didn’t respond it might not have been because they didn’t want to but because they couldn’t. Many nights as an officer I would log in with a planned evening only to drop everything at a moment’s notice to go help someone that asked. I want to clarify I’m not complaining, I did it because that was fun for me. Still you can’t help everyone all the time. If you posted about events and nobody responded here’s a suggestion. Step up and lead something yourself. It’s not anyone’s job or responsibility to do anything for you and if you aren’t willing to lead then don’t complain about the leadership of others.

I do hope you find whatever it is you are looking for and honestly do wish you the very best.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

Post subject: Re: Open letter to Bten
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 am 
Wayfarer Herald

Magelo: 0
Bten might i sugget that you consider making tons on the Mayong server as i have. O have met many nice people over therefrom various servers and various guilds. if you keep in mind that these people normally have toons on other servers and are on Mayong for fun and company . you might find that you like it. exp is slow tho if you get inwith a group you might find they wil listen to any suggesstions u might have as to where to hunt. i have 2 toons ther and have them in a guild of 11 that are all coworkers at a walmart deli in florida. the othermoprning i made a date with a couple of them to go to veksar that afternoon. we had a blast and my necro darc dinged 55. we are now considering starting DoN progression. hopefully that will come about and work well it seems that most of us in that guild obsidian knights are working on getting TS trophies. my mage rhenn is 52 with her JC trophy. even tho most of my play time is now on Mayong i still pop back to Luclin to check on my friends in WoV

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:55 pm 

I don't know what happened/is happening, And I don't mean to butt my nose in, I just wanted to say that I think Dorann's Sig alone pretty well sums it up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 pm 
Guild Leader

Dorann we miss you very much...and post like that are why :)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:29 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

you forum friendships by doing thing together..wov is a family type guild and we get set in out ways..would be nice to do more guild type things..I know that it has been tried a couple of times but supports was lacking...other side officer are on to enjoy the game they dont get extra pay or benificates..so who should be in charage of you having a good time ..if you dont put in ..saying this i know several time when the officers packed up what they where doing to go help someone with something...