[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Greetings Wayf's from wayback on May 29th, 2003

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:14 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Hello oldies and goodies! Anyone remember a really charming yet not very skilled former player named Benclash Bladestorm? Or maybe my brother, uber-gimp ranger Chadopro Newfather?

Either you do or you don't recall, but Greetings to the Wayfarer nation anyway. I recently found out about the free demo of EQ, featuring the Mines of Gloomingdeep. I could not resist -- I downloaded the thing. Its a peach, its free, and I have a druid all the way to level nine. A word of warning for you all...

Beware of EQ... like a twisted disease it will poison your soul, never letting you go.

[cue Michael Corleone from Godfather III]
X: "Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in..."

...Ben must fight the attraction...

[cue the bugs at the bug zapper from "A Bug's Life]
Bug #1: "Don't go towards the light!"
Bug #2: "I can't help it, it's so pretty..."

Anyway, hello there all. If you don't mind doing so, gimme a description of what life in Norrath is like these days. Is it all doom and gloom, with empty zones and dispirited players? Is Norrath alive and well? What about the expansions since the frogs showed up?

Anything you can do to get my curiosity squashed and my itch scratched would be great.

Thanks gang!

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:59 pm 

Magelo: 0
Hey Ben! Glad to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by the boards. :)

It's all chaos and decay, nothing to see here, move along. Ignore all the recent applicants to wayfarers ... and the little bit of raiding we're doing ... and definately ignore the loot.

Seriously, though, we're still doing quite well, enjoying our family of friends and having a wonderful time exploring and doing new things in this communal game of Everquest. There's always something else to do, some zone to explore, a new encounter to overcome.

Take care, hope to see ya soon ;)
Tan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:01 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
/wave Benclash!

We're having a great time! Come back and join us. :)

And it occurs to me that if you started interacting with another of our members, Megonis/Garcron/Venuk, we'd be able to charge admission to guild chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:54 am 
Wayfarer Herald

lley dont forget about that hairy footed druid Fenhoff :lol:with his Happy pants

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:22 am 
Elder

I thought that was Garc and Heli and their pants. :twisted:

Hiya Ben, good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:00 am 
Officer

Hey Ben! How can we forget you? I still laugh when I think about "Tradeskill Epiphanies." Wow...if you thought Kahmon was tradeskill insane back then, you should see him now. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:03 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
googled it and found this, although I think it was first posted on an early WoV message board, or maybe Legends of Veeshan?

TRADESKILL EPIPHANIES
[a tribute to tradeskill fixation]
Author: I think this was written by Benclash of Veeshan

(set to the tune of "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Fleetwood Mac)

You say that we've got nothing for Kahmon,
No acrylia or skins to start from,
and my armor is falling apart.
You'll say that I can't bake, sew, or tailor...
My tradeskill life is a failure,
With the hours I blow, its not fair.

And I said, "What about Tradeskill Epiphanies?"
She said, "I think I remember the skills
and as I recall, pottery, we both kinda liked it."
And I said, "Well, that's one skill we got."

I'm so hosed - a man who tried making jewelry,
But my intelligence screwed me,
I guess I was wrong.
So what now? It's plain to see I'm skill-free,
And the vendors that buy stick it to me
'cause my charisma is crap.

and as I recall, fishing, we both kinda liked it."

You say "Man I wish I was Kahmon,
his tailoring's miles from the bottom."
My tradeskill dreams fall apart.
You say, "It's ok that you're not a master.
Try drinking -- the skill rises faster,
and you're drunk so you just don't care."

and as I recall, begging, we both kinda liked it."

(instrumental)

and as I recall, bowyering, we both kinda liked it."

and as I recall, fletching, we both kinda liked it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:14 am 
Officer

Ben posted it in a thread in our old boards. The song is by Deep Blue Something though, not Fleetwood Mac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:08 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Eq has a lot of ups and downs..... but after I got out of frontier mountains it kind of leveled out.

Frogs are almost an attraction if it were not for the gnome population keeping all the other races under control.

We not have a sub culture now called the drakkin ... their main reason for their being is created is that the lizard population needed someone to groom their tails.

But all in all... the land thrives in the new zones.... the old old zones are crowded with one group in it. They tend to get annoyed when you ask them in shouts to leave.

Come and join / re-join us wayfs in ruling the land. As they say in the land of china 有總室為一個更 ... or.... There is always room for one more.

Post subject: Howdy howdy gang
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:13 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Many happy returns my old friends.

Think I don't occasionally miss EQ? I just dinged 10 with my gimpy micro-druid in the demo version of the game.

I swear the folks who call it Evercrack aren't lying. I am struck with the overwhelming desire to run freely across South Ro in a 1200th futile attempt to locate the tunnel leading to Split Paw.

In the end RL is too hectic and expensive to allow me to come back to EQ without facing a severe dressing down. Perhaps I can help keep things in perspective by reading the boards and dallying in the demo.

Does anyone have a topic that needs immortalizing in a parody song? Seems that annoying talent could still serve... Send me a private message here in the boards and I will see what I can do for you. Also be on the lookout for a wistful "glory days" type song about my early EQ days.

With the regard of clarity (and a dancing banana),
Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:48 am 
Wayfarer Herald

We have more tan Garc and Heli going on about their pants :roll:

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior