[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - It not jest da cat dat gets Kilt by Curiosity!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:55 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Me canst believe dat no wun is havin adventurs ta tell bout!

Inny ways, me wus huntin wit da grup in COM wen dese ButHeads, sorry lac, but dey wuz, gots mean an cuz we not has da peeps ta hold da reever camp, we allows da creeps ta take da camp. Dat pretty much had peeps goin dere own way. Me goes bak in an starts huntin wit Pudd an den Arri shows up an Inndy an next ting me knows we goes ta da EJ an hunts wit more showin up. We goes ta Trak an dat pretty well camped an bak ta EJ an den finally wit da gud spots taken we heads ta Kael.

Well, dis dorf not been ta Kael affor an after zonin in an sum buffin an such, me hears ta zone in. Not knowin da look o da land, me zones an den me hears da peeps sayin "Where ya goin silly Dorf?" HEH, me had zoned outa Kael sted o inta it....dey wuz talkin ta sum dat had cum frum da Wakenin Lands! Me feelin mite embarrased but den me sees dese udder folks pullin sum Giants. Well, me brings out me bow and figures ta get sum free Faction boost by hittin each wit an arrow. Me also makes da critical mistake! Not havin seed dese giants afore, me goes over ta where da peeps is fightin em an sees dat dey has 2. Well, me tinks dey dun it appurpose, so me standin dere watchin wen da peeps starts peelin off an hittin da zone. Wit da peeps runnin dis way an dat and da Giants chasin em, me stands dere all interested like tinkin me da innocent and not involved. Well, dis passin giant musta membered da arrow me shot inta his behind cuz he starts whakin on me. Well, me starts whakin bak. Me sees dat me not doin much damage, an he doin lotso damage an me starts runnin fer da zone. Rogier is screemin "ZONE ZONE ZONE" "You have been summoned" Rogier is hollerin "DUM DORF RUN" ... DOH, me starts runnin agin "You have been summoned" UH OH! Me starts serchin fer me LOH spell an den "You are returnin to yer Bind Point"! Giants is nuttin ta get Curious bout! Sorry Rog, me tried!

Surphat (DH) Paladin of 52 Seasons
Surfeedar Monk of 55 Seasons
Surhinlain Shaman of 62 seasons
Srailkat Rogue of the 52 Seasons
Sursadan Cleric of 57 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 56 Seasons

Last edited by Surphat on Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:25 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Kael is an interesting place.. but no place to get too curious if you aren't familiar.. and in some cases, even if you are familiar. I've been to Kael on Several occasions, been all through it, or so I thought. A couple of nights ago, I lead a small band of adventurers into Kael with the idea of getting some faction. We didn't have a cleric so we weren't out to do too much damage overall. We entered Kael with confidence. We had all been here before, and we knew the begining would be a slaughter. Evidently part of the Training a Kael Giant soldier get's includes having a very high possiblity of being killed, because they put their weakest and least trained up on the front lines.

If I remember right, I lead the party and and pulled a steady stream of giants in for Kahmon, Hilil, Darmoon, Snowcap, and Joie. Forgive me if you were there and my memory fails me, this was a few days ago and I've been on many adventures since then. Anyways, we did great killing green and light blue giants and getting all the faction we could. We searched every nook and cranny finding every giant, even some fisherman and common citizens got mixed into the frenzy, for which I harbor little regret. They would have done the same or worse to us.. if they could. We did a camp call, and as it was our luck all of the camps we could handle appeared to be called. Now is where our curiousity kicked in. Where to hunt? We did some searching.. in our wanderings about the zone we killed many more giants of course, but we were still without a camp. We arrived in the area of the Bank, of course it was camped, and someone suggested there was a small side passage to the left of the area. I was sceptical, I had never seen it and I've pulled the bank a few times now.. but I was curious. So I lead the party that way, and sure enough, couched between two of the buildins is a small passage that leads to a ramp that appeared to lead up to a brige.. and it had a drop off on the right hand side. Now, here is where Curiousity killed the bard. "A drop off?" I thought, "Surely there is something over the lip of the drop off"... So, not seeing any harm in it, I walked up to the lip and peared down. WHAM! A wall of barking dogs ran me over! Seems they train their war dogs down there, and a pack of them happened to hear me as I walked up to the lip! I was injured and confused, I yelled for my companions to escape! What was I thinking? these were Wayfarers...

Dazed and confused I ran, I tried to run the way we had come but I got bit and stunned and turned around, I saw I was running toward a buiding with collumns that I knew was the wrong way.. I turned and tried to run again.. someone was trying to heal me as I went.. ooofta! I didn't make it.. I fell, you may still yet see my remains where they dragged me too afterwards. Curiousit killed the bard. It also killed Darmoon, and later Joie as she tried to drag our corpses.

Now, don't get me wrong, curiousity is good.. but you do have to deal with some messy situations sometimes :)

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:55 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

HEH HEH! Ya wud think that the bard was related to da Dorf! But witout the curiosity, ya wud have humdrum life in the land o Norath! Mayhap this goes a long way to explainin all those Bard bodies scattered all over Norath. Seems odd that most of em have the same name! :lol:

Surailadan Ench of 60 Seasons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:14 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

An me sorry Alle, me tryin to gets more "Elf Like" in me big peeps talk! But, me Dorf an me always be Dorf!

Surphat (DH) Paladin of 52 Seasons
Surfeedar Monk of 55 Seasons
Surhinlain Shaman of 62 seasons
Srailkat Rogue of the 52 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 56 Seasons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:47 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Surph was a good sport about it last night when I offered him five plat to please speak in English. And he was such a gentleman that he wouldn't even take my money when I tried to give it to him. Come to think of it, though, he didn't stop talking like a dorf either . . .

/hug Surph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:06 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

ROFL! Nice try Alley.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:07 am