[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - TGIH 2004 Delves into the Mines of Nurga

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:56 am 
Enforcer

Xandamir is sitting at her favorite small table in the POK library, leafing through the book titled Rewards for Good Deeds: The Mines Of Nurga – Help Free The Slaves. Obviously bored, she picks up the book and sets it down multiple times. She looks out the window to check the sun and see what time it is, for the fifth time in as many minutes. She sighs deeply and picks up the book yet again. She just can't concentrate. She is so eager to get back into the hunt with her friends and time seems to be crawling by. Meanwhile outside in the courtyard...

Orionpax </Shouting> Anyone need a Paladin with 61 seasons under his belt? Come on people I know you need a good, hard hitting, sword wielding damage taker in your group.

Xandamir sets her book back into the pack quickly and leans out the window.

Xandamir Hey Orion how's it going?

Orionpax Hello Xanda. It's kinda slow at the moment. I have a few minutes and I was hoping to try to get some more experience or just help out my fellow man if I could before I must turn in for the evening. But no one needs me.

Xandamir Does it have to be your fellow man, or would your fellow woman do? <chuckle>

Orionpax <chuckle> what ya got in mind.

Xandamir stay right there and I will come and explain.

She hurries out of the library and shows the book to Orion.

Xandamir See it would be for the good of all. Kill goblins and help free the slaves. The former slaves are willing to give all kinds of rewards for our help. Of course just KNOWING it was for a good cause is good enough some times.

Orionpax I'm in. I have no idea where you need to go but if you lead I will follow you.

Xandamir hugs Orionpax on impulse and leads him to the portal to Firona Vie. She instructs him to pass through and follow the tunnels to the Dreadlands. From there they will head to the Frontier Mountains and into the Mines of Nurga. The first step in the mines will be a big one so it is a good thing we both got the help of a passing druid and got the Spirt of Eagles spell bestowed on us. The run takes a few minutes but it is nothing for the two stalwart heros.

Orionpax When we get there are we just goning to mow our way down to where you need to be or is there another plan?

Xandimir Let's just try to fight through. There can't be that any can there?

Orionpaxyou are the boss. I am just along for the ride and to provide you with protection.

After a few minutes of fighting hordes of goblins....

Xandimir OK this is taking way too long.... here take this potion of invisibility and follow me to where Taskmaster Crizz lives. We need his bracelet.

They both drink the potions and vanish. Then it's a foot race to the tunnel where Crizz resides. A foot race between them and the potion... Will the potion wear off, leaving one or the other stranded in a tunnel full of goblins? Luckily for both, the potions last long enough to get them to the tunnel they seek.

Xandimir Ok here's the plan. I pacify the second closest goblin. When I start to cast I will become visible and the closest goblin will attack me. He's all yours. I just don't want the second goblin coming to play by accident too. They will try to run from us, being the cowards they are but we can root them in place and take em out. Sound good to you?

Orionpax <nod>

So the slaughter begins.... one by one the goblins are singled out and killed. After a few moments Drexxell appears out of the darkness.

Drexxell Hail, Xandamir. What ya doing down here? Heheh I knew you were here. I overheard someone in the POK talking about a cleric who had ants in her pants and I could only imagine it was you. I could't wait for Tali and Thunder either. You KNOW they are always late. I figured we can always go get them if need be.

Xandamir Fair enough. Get a pet and join in my friend.

The goblins have no hope now. The tunnel runs black with their blood. They fall into a rhythm, Xanda pacifying and Orion pulling them to their deaths at the hand or sword and bone. Xandamir would feel sorry for them but they are evil to the core and there is no place for evil like that. Eventually they clear out the entire tunnel with no sign of Taskmaster Crizz in sight. They sit to wait and the tunnel starts to fill in behind them with fresh goblins. The slaughter begins anew. At the end of this run however, Taskmaster Crizz shouts (translated from Goblinese)

Taskmaster Crizz Who is killing my kin. I will make stew from yer bones!!!!!!

All three in unison FINALLY!!!!!

Crizz comes rushing out, unaware of the trap. It doesn't take him long to be made aware of it however. The fight lasts less than 30 seconds and the life's blood of the taskmaster starts to mingle with that of his kin.

Drexxell Well that was easy...

Orionpax We'll, see how easy it is when I leave. Which will be soon I am sorry to say.

Drexxell loots a Xanda loots the .

Xandamir Want the axe Orion, as payment for helping us out?

Orionpax Naw, helping a pretty lady was my reward. I can stay for a few more minutes but not many. When are the reinforcements showing?

Xandamir and Drexxell in unison Good question.....

TO BE CONTINUED....

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:47 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:25 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:36 am 
Enforcer

Doh...!!!!

Trying buddy... someday soon one hopes

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer