Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Hunting Continues
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:22 am 
Enforcer

Well my friends it's been a long time since I have written to document my excursions and I think it's time to continue the dialogue.

My friends and I have traveled extensively in and around the Plains of Karana areas. It s truly astounding to me the number of foul miscreants and dangerous denizens that inhabit that area. Giants, cyclops, floating eye creatures, griffons and their kin are the ones that immediately come to mind. We spent a good deal of time in the southern plains engaging in mortal combat with the clans of the Splitpaw Gnolls and their neighbors the Aviaks.

Eventually we wandered over to Rathe Mountains in order to check out rumors of giant-sized skeletons roaming the area. Drexxell, who is always very curious when it come to the undead, thought it might be a good use of our time to head there. Personally I think he just wanted to go there because he had recently acquired a spell by which he could charm the undead. I think he wanted to see if he could control the extra-large versions and cause them to do combat against their brethren on our behalf.

When we arrived in Rathe Mountains we set up camp near a local gypsy camp. They seemed have a pretty permanent placement, so we concluded that if they were safe from the creatures, then our camp probably would be as well. One poor gypsy seemed to have many, many enemies. Each time we were there, that poor lass was under constant attack by various other adventurers. She must have been the pariah of the community as well, because the other gypsies just stood by and watched as she died time and time again. Each time she died, she was reborn not too long later in exactly the same spot. Whatever she did must have been a heinous deed to be granted such a devastating punishment.

As for our camp, Thunderhart would go searching for foes and returned with a variety of cyclops, bandits and those Giant Skeletons that no doubt filled Drexxell with a horrible longing. We have to conclude the fact that those rumors were indeed truth and not fiction. We hunted there for many nights and did not once see a slow down in the number of undead or cyclops. We even saw a cyclops named Tarrusk, not really too sure of his name mind you. We saw him over and over again. We must have killed him 3 dozen times.

Now that I think about it I wonder if perhaps "Tarrusk"is not a name but a title. Maybe as we killed him, one of the other clops was elevated to that rank to take his place, thus continuing the cycle.

Surliman incidentally, had joined us on a number of occasions, for which I would like to thank him. Now that our friend Talinoth has acquired the ability to teleport entire groups however, I believe the 4 of us will continue our journey now and see what is around the next corner. We will not necessarily be trying to cleanse Norrath now so much as questing for items that may help us later in our fight against the diabolic forces that are opposed to us. We shall see where we end up soon and I will continue to pass along information as I can

Xandamir <Humble Servant of Tunare>

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer