[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - TGIH begins... AGAIN

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:04 pm 
Enforcer

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:08 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:10 am 
Enforcer

*Scene: a noisy crowed tavern in Thurgadin. Thunderhart and Talinoth are sitting at a small table. Thunderhart is two-fisting mugs of dwarven stout, while Talinoth sips at his mug of mead.

Thunderhart Dang it, that wolf can't be that hard to find Tali. I know Ice Clad is a big place but come on. We have been all over that stupid island and not one stalker showed up. Are you sure you know how to track?

Talinoth Listen my large, noisy friend. I will repeat this just ONE MORE TIME. I am not a ranger. I am but a humble druid, content in the service of my Mistress Tunare. She has not seen fit to grant me with the same powers of tracking and track discernment that she trains her rangers in. I can only work with the powers given to me. No amount of grumbling and belly-aching on your part is going to change that. Slow and steady wins the race my friend, we will get your wolf soon.

*Enter a small chain clad, leaf covered wench carrying a well constructed bow. She lithely steps over a snoring drunk on her way up to the bar. *

Thunderhart Hey Tali <hic> isn't that Peri?

Talinoth Yep, wonder what she is up to?

Thunderhart </shouting at the top of his lungs> PERISAI WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bar goes completely quiet as Peri cringes and turns around to see what loudmouth is screaming her name. She takes a look at Tali and Thunderhart and laughs quietly to herself as she wanders over to sit at their table.

Perisai well lookie here. You boys are looking all grown up. What are you doing out here in the freezing city of Thurg?

Thunderhart </still shouting at the top of his lungs> We are looking to go to Ice clad and find a dire wolf stalker...er stalked wolf... er wolf of stalking. Something like that. We can't find it.... we need a ranger.

*The bar quiets yet again*

Perisai Ok T, let's get you out of here and into the cold where you can sober up. I'll help you find the wolf. Tali, can you port us to Ice Clad friend?

Talinoth Sure, and Thanks Peri.

The trio ports to Ice clad, where Talinoth transforms them all into wolves and the hunt is on.

Perisai ok you boys stay here and I will bring a whole load of wolves for us to hunt. This way if we kill enough of them, the stalker wolf (or whatever it is) will get angry enough to come out of it's hidden den. At the moment I don't see any signs of it, so it must be hiding.

It doesn't take long for the ranger to gain the attention of a number of wolves as well as some giants and a few dervishes. The hardy trio makes short work of everything that happens to fall within bowshot. Between Thunderhart's swords, Peri's bow and Tali's heals, there is never cause for alarm. Soon the small island near the dragon ring port-in has a shortage of wolves and other assorted critters. It doesn't take long for the dire wolf stalker to get flushed out of his den. The wolf comes rushing out of his den at Perisai, practically foaming at the mouth.

Perisai </shouts> Get ready lads here comes your wolf!!!!!!!!

She leads the wolf on a quick chase back to her friends where it's death is terribly anti-climatic. A few hits, a few spells and the wolf lies dead at Thunderharts paws. Thunderhart slits open the wolf's stomach and pulls out a partially digested piece of parchment. He capers about the snow covered island for a few moments and then reads First Part of an Iceclad Map.

Perisai ewwwwww you didn't tell me the wolf ATE the map part. Yuk..... Now what.

Talinoth Well he needs to kills some yakmen in the Great Divide. then he can turn in four sets of meat to some captive gnome near the kodiaks and he can get another part of the map..

Perisai <smiling to take the sting out of her words> well why are we still in Iceclad then Druid? Shouldn't we be in GD?

Talinoth Well we didn't want to impose on you :)

The trio then ports off to the Great Divide, where Peri again takes the lead.

Perisai I grew up fighting these dumb yaks. They certainly will remember me.

As she leads the boys through the winding catacombs cut into the side of the Great Divide, the trio literally cut their way through the hapless yakmen. At one point, Thunderhart leans on a dead Yak and gasps

Thunderhart Too much ale, way too much ale. Tell her to slow down I can't keep up.

They run into Yaka Razorhoof at one point, but he poses little threat to them as well. He falls quickly and they continue the hunt for yakman meat. Finally four pieces of meat are obtained.

Perisai Finding Bloodmaw is easy. He's up in that tunnel near Velks.

Talinoth OK then we go there, I charm the bear and Thunderhart can turn in his meat to the bear. Then when Bloodmaw goes to lay down with his ful belly, we ask the captive gnome for the Third Part of an Iceclad Map.

The turn in happens uneventfully and Thunderhart now has 2 of the four portions of the map in his quest for the Eyepatch of Plunder. All that remains is to hunt the Great Sea Turtle Lodizal, and Stormfeather.

Perisai Well time for me to head out guys. Good luck with Lodi and Stormy. Hehehe you will need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:40 pm 
Officer

Grats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:42 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

<black screen....no sound....slowly we hear the rising volume of bitter arctic winds....the black fades and becomes white...the snowy white hillside of an island. Begin the crashing noises of the sea nearby...waves lapping at the ice covered beach...far back from the shore, a spiked black tower of frozen shadows presents an ominous backdrop....and almost lost in the snowy seaside are 2 specks....zoom in on them slowly...2 figures standing, facing out to sea, into the wind...unmoving...one is short and bald, the other 3 times as high as the first...a gnome and a troll...talking>

<b>Drexxell:</b> Did you feel it? This morning...the world ... "shifted"

<b>Ziukek:</b> Aye. There was a great disturbance from the great Norrath Spirit. She is not happy about something.

<b>Drexxell:</b> According to lore, the titans of old wake after such a disturbance....

<b>Ziukek:</b> Indeed...and Lodizal is no exception my friend. The great turtle is sensitive to such things...have no fear...she will show.

<b>Drexxell:</b> She?

<b>Ziukek:</b> Indeed....it is in times like these that she awakes and comes ashore to lay her brood in the icy sands. The circle of life demands that we allow her to spawn before taking her life ourselves. That way one of her brood may survive and become a titan herself...a new Lodizal for a new age....

<b>Drexxell:</b> I've never understood you Shamen...but I'll follow your lead. Still, with just you and I, there won't be a whole lot of threat to Lodizal from what I understand.

<As if on cue, Thunderhart comes stomping up in the cold. Between his bare skin and the ice cold metal of his armor, he should be hypothermic, but like most barbarians, he stands knee deep in the snow without a hint of shivering>

<b>Thunderhart:</b> Why does this place seem so familiar?

<Drexxell points with a thumb over his shoulder at the Tower of Frozen Shadow behind them...Thunderhart looks, shudders, nods and looks at the tower no more>

<Bravely the three face out to sea, watching the endless slaughter of baby seals by Clan Snowfang...ignoring them as they ignore us...realizing that still Lodizal could easily kill the three of them...>

<As more Wayfarers begin to arrive (amid grumblings about "bitter cold" and "What does a necromancer know about turtles anyway?") a loud wailing and barking is heard and Lodizal surfaces on an ice floe, gobbling up 3 gnolls in one snap. Waiting for the whole crew to arrive, and giving Lodizal time to spawn....we clear a large path for her as she comes ashore. Finally, once her eggs are laid and there is a fine crew of 8 staunch turtle-slayers on site, the game is afoot!>

<b>Bten:</b> We're a little short on highly seasoned fighters here (no offense to Valdarian and Thunderhart). Perhaps, as we are caster-heavy, a little game of "ping pong" is appropriate?

<Alley, opens with disease....Bten with fire....Ronthinn with cold...Ziukek with poison....Drexxell and Aksunamun with various pustulating decays....all while pets, and Valdarian and Thunderhart chip away valiantly at the rock hard shell of this ancient beast...Lodizal seems genuiniely confused, and while those of softer hearts would pity such a beast, those of sturdier stuff viewed it as a mere obstacle in a long path. Whatever their view, all 8 Wayfarers watched as Lodizal fought hard, but eventually heaved a last breath of exhaustion and died. Her softer underside was cut open, and Thunderhart reached in blindly...his arm buried to the shoulder inside stinking turtle guts.....making funny faces as he groped inside, feeling...feeling...finally, with muscles flexing and a large grunt, the entire stomach of Lodizal was pulled out .... >

<Amids the various trinkets found in the stomach of the great beast, Thunderhart wipes clean a half-digested piece of parchment. >

<b>Thunderhart: </b> Ah....success....The 4th piece of the Iceclad map! Now then...where's this Stormfeather beast at?......

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The hunters of sincerely thank the Wayfarers of Veeshan for help killing Lodizal. It was a serious debate, putting something into one of our annual item hunts that we knew we couldn't do alone. Pride vs. need was debated, and need won out. Your willingness to help made this worth it, and did no damage to our pride at all :)

Special thanks to attendees:

Allegretta
Valdarian
Ziukek
Aksunamun
Bten
Ronthinn

(If I've forgotten someone, I sincerely apologize)

P.S. All rumors that I screamed "Hurry, hurry, I'm wetting my pants" are unquestionably false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:39 am 
Enforcer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:19 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:13 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

<fade in...an icy snow-covered waste is seen...it's an island, an island in the the Iceclad ocean. Shivering in the cold, Drexxell and Thunderhart are clearly having a heated debate...>

Drexxell: I'm telling you, it's the only way!

Thunderhart: But other people have found Stormfeather without resorting to such drastic means!

Drexxell: Yes, but how long did they take...at what cost? What loss of beloved slumber did they risk on this?

Thunderhart (sounding wary): You're sure this will work?

Drexxell: Undoubtedly....give me your secret name.

<Thunderhart whispers something in Drexxell's ear...they nod to one another, and then sit to make camp....their forms slowly fading away over 30 seconds....>

<a few seconds later, Thunderhart appears...looks around...looks down at himself as if seeing himself for the first time>

Thunderhart (to himself, but in a decidedly "gnomish" voice): Wow, am I tall!

<"Thunderhart" sits down and begins examining his weapons as if seeing them for the first time, occasionally being disrupted by a snow cougar seeking fresh meat. These cats are quickly dispatched, and with each kill "Thunderhart" whoops "Hey, this is fun!">

<Eventually "Thunderhart" stands stock still...hours pass...occasionally he moves a little here, a little there...but for the most part he has the look of a man possessed, but at the same time watched from a distance*...suddenly a great flapping and whooshing sound is heard...a huge snowy-white griffon comes flying up the hillside......it approaches Thunderhart...he stands stock still...doesn't he hear it?....finally, as Stormfeather decides to take a huge bloody swipe at Thunderhart's face, he comes to life. Thunderhart screams a battle cry in that disconcertingly gnomish voice and leaps to the attack....fade out>

<fade in...Thunderhart kneels over the body of a Stormfeather, who lies dead, coloring the icy waste in his blood. Thunderhart has hardly a scratch upon him, and seems to be disemboweling the monster with an expertise usually reserved for necromancers. Finally, reaching deep inside the belly of the beast, Thunderhart pulls out a half-digested piece of paper. It is the ...fade out>

<fade in...silently watch from long angle..Drexxell, Talinoth and Thunderhart (who appears to be acting himself again) approach a lost pirate...talking...we can't hear what they say, the lost pirate hands a book to Thunderhart...Thunderhart replaces all 4 pieces of the Iceclad map in this book and smiles...until a rabid snow cougar appears out of nowhere, scratching and clawing at the three friends. With little more than the annoyance of one swatting a gnat, they put the beast out of its misery. With gestures of thanks and farewell, they leave the pirate, heading across the snow...fade out>

<fade in...the well-known gnome outpost on Iceclad...our three friends approach...Drexxell shaking hands gleefully with his brethren...sound comes up...the wind is whistling...>

Drexxell (to a pirate): Which igloo that of the Cap'n?

<the pirate points toward an igloo and the three friends thank him, and enter...Thunderhart is almost bent double to get into the tiny igloo>

Captain Nalot: So, barbarian, I'm told you have something of interest?

Thunderhart: Indeed I do. But perhaps you could re-assure me that the promised reward is still available?

<Captain Nalot at first seems to frown, but then lets out a hearty laugh>

Captain Nalot: Listen hear, my good friends...this barbarian is as greedy as the best of us pirates! I like this big man!

<Captain Nalot pulls what looks like a small black cloth out of his pocket. It glows with an almost overpowering enchantment. He sets it on the table. Thunderhart sets the finished Iceclad map on the table. They each smile and the goods are exchanged with a handshake.>

<Thunderhart steps out into the crips air, affixing the black cloth around his head, showing off the eyepatch he's acquired>

Thunderhart: Tell me, boys, what do you think about this new ?

was now 4 for 4 of

* - Editor's note...this was hard to write. I have 2 computers. I was working from home on the one, and logged in as Thunderhart on the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:19 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
/cheer

Grats, Thunderhart, and thanks to Drex for this entertaining tale. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 1288918
Congratz Thunderhart, and thanks for the entertainment Drexx.

"Here comes the BOOM!"

Reclusa Loxoceles
Rogue of the 52nd season

Negra Panthera
Beastlord of the 33rd season

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:12 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

<fade in...a tattered calendar hangs on a wall...the wind whips up...and blows off the top month...and then another...and then another...a sense of neglect and indifference is established...the wind dies down, and we pull back. The calendar is on the wall of WoV guild hall, where we see Drexxell and Talinoth sitting opposite one another at a table. They both have a pile of gems, hides, silks, metal and food in front of them, and are both engrossed in identical looking books entitled "The secrets of Thurgadin Shawl making"...Drexxell looks up...>

Drexxell: This recipe for the Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl is incredibly complicated! Not to mention the difficulty in acquiring the ingredients.

Talinoth: Like what? I haven't got to that chapter yet.

Drexxell: Well, we've been lucky enough to travel Velious long enough to have picked up most of this, but there's something called a "Molkor Hide" and a "Swordfish Tooth". Now where in the blazes are we going to find those?

Talinoth: I'll tell you where....<he pulls a well-worn map out of his copy of the book and points to a spot labled "Siren's Grotto...Molkors and Swordfish...Beware Fellspine">

Drexxell: Fellspine...Fellspine....why does that name seem familiar?
<fade out...>

<fade in...Drexxell, Thunderhart, Talinoth, Jonez, Anduin, Cintarra, and a host of other Wayfarers standing in a large cave, at the edge of a small underground lake. Across the lake on the far shore are giant walruses...the water looks icy cold...>

Anduin: Everyone ready? Right then...<and he jumps into the water>

<everyone looks a little skittish at this...sure everyone has on a magic item to allow underwater breathing, but they sure don't confer magical heat...nonetheless, one by one the Wayfarers jump in>

Anduin: In..(blub)...co...(blub)...ming

<With a strange, almost surrealism, these interpid land-dwellers begin fighting swordfish and giant sea horses...fighting in 3 dimensions...with the slowness of arms cutting through water...the mix of bubbles through normal speech...>

<After a moment, Anduin heads off in a different direction than used previously...and swims back quickly a few moments later...>

Anduin: Fell...(blub)...spine!

<A monstrous seahorse is on Anduin's tail, biting and tail-swiping faster than any of its smaller kin...Anduin and Thunderhart beat the monster about, and receive a good thrashing in return...the strange sounds and sights of spells going off underwater surrounds the combatants, until finally Fellspine's blood clouds the water and he turns belly up.>

Thunderhart: Hey, what's this strange belt wrapped around his waist? <He removes it and puts it around his own waist, at which time his molecules almost visibly begin to vibrate faster. Thunderhart swings his swords a few times, and they slice through the air more hastily than ever seen before>

Drexxell (smacking himself on the forehead): That's where I heard of Fellspine before! Thunderhart, you've just found Fellspine's

<Drexxell jumps out of the water, rummaging deeeeeeeep into his backpack, finally finding a near-forgotten sheet of paper, to which he applies quill to ink, making a nice checkmark with a flourish>

(-2005, -2006) was now 5 for 5 of

Thanks to those Wayfarers who helped in Siren's Grotto!