[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Dangerous Whispers

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dangerous Whispers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:18 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

The cold, you cannot imagine the cold until you experience it. Thirteen days. Nothing but cold for thirteen days. This place is horrible. I wish they had chosen a different sort of prison for me. This wasteland of ice and wind, a ruined landscape gouged as if by the gods in a fury, crevices hundreds of feet deep with no apparent geological cause. Beasts uncommon at best roam freely in this frozen desert.

The Mastodons resembling the elephants of the Karanas but much larger and very dangerous when angered. They walk side by side with Brontotherium, monstrous creatures with thick hides, short tempers and the deadly horn on their snout. Roaming these glaring white hills and planes are also the Hounds. Hellish beasts with bites and claws that anyone would be well advised to avoid... and these are the lesser monsters that inhabit my prison. I speak of the Wetern Wastes, home of Dragons and drakes, wyverns and great Wurms, all capable of great destructions if I were foolish enough to get in their way. And I have been stuck here freezing for thirteen days with little sleep and less nourishment. If not for the strength in my songs I would not be here to send my plea. I know not if I have yet been missed, but my message is necessary all the same. If you are reading this, and you are not the Paladin, Irodanise, then please do forward it to him with great haste.

My captivity is quite a surprise even to me. I had no idea my adventuring had gained the notice of such powerful entities.............

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:39 pm 

70 Bard, at your service

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:01 pm 
Friend of WoV

Xabthik 40 monk
Slayinsongs 22 bard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:15 pm 
Enforcer

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:13 am 

I am effectively blocked from continuing my quest. Irodanise, my brother, now is the time that I must tell you who put me here, and what must be done to free me. Perhaps you have already guessed.. but perhaps not all. Not one, but two powerful forces took note of my questing. Perhaps they knew that I would very soon be coming for them to complete my enchanted sword.

Fire giants from Lord Nagafens Lair surprised me a fortnight ago, not staying in their fortress of fire, but appearing suddenly. They surrounded me when I was alone on some minor quest, and I had no hope of survival let alone escape. Oddly they showed restraint, rather than pulverize me as they usually might, they sought to capture me. Perhaps Lord Nagafen is aware of our magical resurretions, knowing that killing me would not stop me. Whatever the case, these fire giants did take me back to his Lordship's presence.

Now I was really shocked. Not that Lord Nagafen had sought me out, but that he wasn't alone in his lair. Lady Vox was also there waiting for my arrival. Some magical aura around her, no doubt to ward off the heat.

Evidently it was up to Lord Nagafen to capture me, so what was Lady Vox's part in all this....

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:48 am 

Evidently it was up to Lord Nagafen to capture me, so what was Lady Vox's part in all this? I soon learned and I'm sure you guessed, she was to devise my prison. Little wonder I ended up in the frozen tundra of Western Wastes, the cold my constant companion. A place where I can live, but not escape. This magical gate that blocks my way is of an odd sort. Created by both Nagafen and Vox, with little trust between them, in such a way that it requires both of their presence' to unlock it. This generous meeting to free the icicle bard of course will never happen.

Now, the mission. Irodanise, I call upon you to free me and at the same time further my quest for the Singing Short Sword. You have strength and numbers to accomplish this task for me in my absence. Call out the troops, rally our force, and visit Lord Nagafen in his lair. Destroy him, but not completely. Bring me a Red Dragon Scale so that it may represent the presence of Lord Nagafen in Western wastes. Do the same to Lady Vox and bring me her White Dragon Scales. It is my hope that by having these representations of the great dragons, that the spell may be broken and I may again be free !

Bring this plea to our great guild, see what can be done, and soon.. it's terribly cold and lonely here. Free me, avenge me, help me.

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:00 am 

I did not do an outline or know what I was going to write before I wrote it. I'm sure it is not consistant with Norath's history of past events or even with common sense about these two dragons or their histories. It's a story for fun and a way to lead into my dragon killing, nothing more.

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:03 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

*/applaud & */clap

"Never Give Up"

What happens if I take both the red and the blue pill at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:23 pm 

Magelo: 500172
The forest was quiet as Allegretta went about her early morning routine, foraging food and water for the day as she walked the gladed paths. The sun was beginning to touch the tips of the tallest pine trees before she entered the clearing, and she stopped, a faint frown forming between her brows. Even in the dim early light she could see the edge of the letter in the tree stump, and she hurried forward to see what communication had been important enough to be delivered here, rather than awaiting her pickup at the post office in Jagged Pine.

Expressions of alarm and concern crossed her face as she read about the plight of Irodanis, the leader of her guild. She was aware that Iro had been on a long journey, following hints and clues to the legendary weapon of his class, but the last report received by the guild's council had been merely a relating of his research, with no hint of any peril.

It now appeared that Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen, an unlikely pairing, had conspired to throw a powerful roadblock in Irodanis' path. Alley felt that this must mean Iro was even closer to his goal than had previously been suspected, that the Lord and Lady would set aside their ancient hostility for a common goal.

Having passed the arbitrary level of 53 some seasons past, Allegretta nonetheless pledged to assist Irodanis' rescuers by any means available, even if she could not wield her weapon in battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:28 am 
Enforcer

Perisai checked the tracks one last time and shook her head in disbelief. This creature was a MYTH. Sure she had heard stories of their existence, everyone in the woods have heard the stories. These were the same stories her elders told her to try to keep her in line and keep her out of the woods at night. But that’s all they were…. stories, or so she thought… until now.

Well, she saw the proof with her own two eyes, it was right there in the mud, there was no refuting it now. What she couldn’t explain however, was the human sized boot prints that were intermingled with the heinously clawed ones. Well it wasn’t really just a few boot-prints, there was a definitive struggle that had occurred and the smaller humanoid didn’t fare too well in the exchange. She checked the glade one last time to make sure she hadn’t missed anything. She pocketed the charm she had discovered lying partially hidden beneath the branch of a fallen tree. the charm was very familiar, she had seen it recently on someone she has known for quite a long time. She just couldn't put her finger on who it was.

As she turned to go she had a sudden flash of insight. IRO it was IRO's charm!!!! No, it couldn't be, not Iro. What in the world had he done to run afoul of those types of creatures. She had to find out for sure one way or the other.

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject: Kat's Diary
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:47 am 
Friend of WoV

*a small book found tucked into a secret cubby in Shadowhaven, a page torn and sticking out some*

I felt the call, echoing over the hill and through the halls to the place I was resting. Something beconing me to Western Wastes, I did not even know where that was. Take to the home of the otters, it called, through the screaming caverns, it spoke. I sighed and placed down my bear filets in cream sauce and took to adventuring. I hoped on the nearest druid and took a port down to Cobalt Scar. To the place of the screaming caverns.. that I had no idea of. I used my inate ability to shout over the lands and asked help to find this hidden cavern. A sarcastic druid came to my aid, almost to his own doom, but he got me there. Once inside the screaming cavern, sirens nipping at our heals, he succored us to a safe spot. My eyes arose to see Iro there, grinning. The druid was paid for his strife and went back on his way. Iro then lead me into the snow strifed land of Western waste. I looked around, shivered and sighed. The natives didn't like me.. any of them. Iro just shruged and stated that we would stay away from them, I agreed. He sung his bardly songs and caught up with a Velium hound, his melodious voice bringing the heinous dog to his doom. Easy enough, I thought. Another dog was soon captured, but my tail sustained a terrible bite! A dragon! Oh dear no! And soon enough, a giant wurm was rumbling towards me.. My fur was practically falling off with fear. But the valient Iro sung his song loud and clear, capturing the dragon. The fear flushed through my head, I took a meer second to stare at my spell book, I had to escape!! Screaming with terror, I yelled out the words of my spell.. and it was over.. I was back in Shadowhaven.. I had left Iro and his land behind.. The poor man, alone again, with those heinous beasts, may have even been eaten. But no, he survived, he just had to.. right? It was his world, not mine.. I'll go back to my lightless world.. my world of summoned spirits. Iro will survive there, he has, always will.. right?..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:12 am 

Irodanis Journal Entry Day 54

Word has reached me and my heart rejoices. Irodanise has finally started his crusade on my behalf. The Red Dragon Scales. Who knew he would have success on his first attempt. That old Lord Nagafen must be getting tired, or perhaps Irodanise has been able to assemble a truly impressive force. He may not be as A/R as Drexxel but he seems to try to be sure he can do something before the attempt. Whatever the case, he had success. I am halfway to freedom. I can only hope that Lady Vox is just as accommodating.

Over these last weeks of my imprisonment, I've found that I no longer need fear the beasts here. The Dragons that abound seem to not care if I am here or not. I have learned the methods and ways of the more excitable hounds and worms, and find that I can defend myself, and even kill, any of the lesser beasts if I put my mind to it.

I've also found that many people come here seeking their furs. I've become quite adept at collecting them and have supplies many a needy traveler. Even a few guildies have visited me in my prison for the very same thing. I welcome the contact with friends.

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:11 pm 

70 Bard, at your service