[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Tonight's the Night

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tonight's the Night
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:45 am 
Enforcer

*scene... Xandamir sitting down at an well organized table, parchment and quill in hand, musing quietly to herself. Numerous items of varing sizes are spread out on the table. A small candle next to her illuminates the scene.*

Hmmmmmm let me see now...

OK...

5-emeralds purchased and imbued with the spirit of Tunare - CHECK

Morning dews (checking inventory), getting kinda low, I only have 10 left but CHECK

Enchanted Mithril Rings.... again, not many only 10. I need 2 per attempt per item. Only leaves me with three failures. I guess I better not fail. CHECK

Could not find either the Jagged Metal or Sharp Metal Shards, I guess that means we have to find them in our hunt as well.

Still need to get that Coldain Fetish and Petrified Totem, gonna have to check the Wayfarer's Treasure Trove or that horribly crowded Bazaar

Silk Swatches (laughs quietly) TONS!!! CHECK

Silver Jasper Earring for Tali CHECK

Ok let me see, I only see 2 swiring mists and 2 essences of moonlight. Looks like we get to head off tonight and wack some innocuous elementals for the swirling mists. If I can get 10, that should help cover up any failures I might have in making Tali's (/snicker) skirt and belt.

When that's done it's off to Mistmoore. I hope the mist elementals are obliging tonight, becuase I am very excited to get this silly hunt going. I would dearly love to be able to head to Mistmoore tonight and actually get something accomplished.

*scene fades out with Xandamir chuckling quietly at the thought of Tali wearing a skirt*

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:37 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
*scene... an old, run-down, mist-shrouded graveyard...night..zoom in to see a rather handsome gnome with his back against a tombstone, looking over a scroll in front of himself.....zoom in closer to see Drexxell with a furrowed brow...

Hmmmmm...let's see....

Moontan lotion...<b>CHECK</b>
Can of Vampire repellent <b>CHECK</b>
Worms...hmm...you can never have enough worms on you...<b>CHECK</b>
Money for postcards...<b>CHECK</b>

Looks good.....can't wait for our trip to Mistmoore, hopefully as soon as later tonight.

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:42 pm 
Enforcer

*composing note to self*

Remind me to reinforce to Drexxell that this is a VERY serious endeavor, possibly life threatening to some. This will not be a joy-ride to the country and I seriously doubt whether we will have much time for SIGHT-SEEING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:44 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Be sure you get the Fang-Be-Gone brand of vampire repellant, Drexx. I understand it's the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:23 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

/em Drexxell sits down with scroll and quill to send off a correspondence back to Wayfarer headquarters...

Captain's log, stardate.....<scratching this out>

Dear readers...

Last night, after taking some time to finish some last minute business, The Great Item Hunt of 2003 (Part A) began. Like our last globe-trotting hunt for new and fabulous equipment (See TGIH02 reports), this one began with a simple task: The hunting of Steam Elementals and the collecting of something called "Swirling Mist", which (Xandamir accidentally revealed) is one of the secret ingredients of the well-guarded "Elven Chainmail" recipes. When we arrived in Steamfont at the spot she had designated, we turned to her.

"Um, Xanda, there isn't a Steam Elemental in sight..."

At which point, Xandamir pulled out a large tome from her backpack, entitled "Peterson's Field Guide to Elementals and their Kin" and read to us the following passage:

<i>"The Steam Elemental is a native to the Quasi-Elemental plane of Steam, whose only known portal to the Prime Plane is through a breech in the Minotaur Caves region of the Steamfont Mountains of Faydwar.

The Steam Elemental is a shy, reclusive creature, afraid of most other creatures, and generally will not enter the Prime Plane if other non-Steam Elementals are in view.

Pristine corpses of Steam Elementals occasionally can be vivisected for their hearts, which resemble vials of swirling mists, though no known use exists for these hearts."</i>

We looked around at the terrain....we were surrounded by minotaurs, brownies, spiders, harpies and a veritable army of poorly constructed clockworks. What followed next can only be described as a shameless and orgiastic display of ruthless carnage and bloodletting. To whit: a great time was had by all.

With Thunderhart, Xandamir, Talinoth and my pet running around destroying everything that moved (I was reading a book while my pet did my work for me), the area was soon clear, and the reclusive Steam Elementals began to come through the rift. Sometimes in our killing hysteria we would almost "pulpify" the creatures, destroying their needed hearts. Xandamir reminded us to be more careful, and within 30 or 45 minutes of arriving, Xandamir had collected up 4 Swirling Mists, which she added to the previous 6 she had been hoarding from previous weeks. (A hearty "thank you" to those who provided some). With 10 in hand, she felt confident that these would suffice for making Talinoth the fancy-shmancy armor he so strongly desired.

Tired from our bloodbath, we decided that the trip to Castle Mistmoore, and the collecting of Essences of Moonlight (another "secret ingredient") would wait for our next night.

Drexxell

Last edited by Drexxell on Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:32 am 
Enforcer

My thanks go out to Tanliel, our humble webbard. He added 4 swirling mists to my growing stockpile so that we can insure that Talinoth does indeed get his (/snicker) skirt.

*composing the sure to be growing LONNNGGGGGG list for the thank you letters*

Malbro
Durezil
Tanliel

*please be aware that I am but a humble cleric and while my note keeping is not up to Drexxell's (self-admitted AR) standards, I will try to give thanks to all who help out in our great adventures.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:37 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

"handsome gnome"... now thats an oxymoron if i ever heard one... more like TASTY gnome! ohh but dont worry drexxell, im too busy laughing to chase after you!
what an entertaining aspect of the game i never expected, gratz to you and your crew for a job well done!

Durezil Coppahtahp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:57 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Durezil,
I'm actually glad this entertains, as that really is the purpose...one aspect of the fun on these hunts is getting to keep a running log. If you'd like to see how the last log looked, check out these two threads:
http://www.wayfarersofveeshan.com/phpBB ... .php?t=618
http://www.wayfarersofveeshan.com/phpBB ... .php?t=717

Drexxell the handsome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:50 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

<zoom in on Drexxell frantically tearing up a small book....tossing the remains everywhere...zoom in on title page which reads "Relaxing Vactions for Necromancers, Volume 3: Castle Mistmoore">

Well, our little vacation to Mistmoore turned out to be both a blessing and a curse...

For starters, a zone that is run by a vampire and has "ghostly" and "deathly" and "ghastly" attendants, where NOTHING is undead, is a terribly cruel joke to play on a Necromancer.

Secondly (on a positive note), it turns out that our trip to the Oracle known as "Allakhazam" yielded misleading information about where to find Xandamir's "Essence of Moonlight". It drops from many different monsters in this zone. But I'm getting ahead of myself....

Last night, TGIH03A went on, with our good friends Hamms and Eraia joining us for our supposed vacation to Castle Mistmoore. After running through the delightful demesnes of Lesser Faydark, we arrived, got ourselves organized, and headed in. At first, the various attendants of Castle Mistmoore provided little more than a nuisance, and the graveyard area was quite charming. As we headed deeper in though, the frequent twists and turns and secret doors and tight quarters gave me a sense of foreboding that I tried to shake off. We were able to quickly dispatch one or two Ushers, and lo and behold, there was some Essence of Moonlight! We were ecstatic! Urged on by our own sense of invulnerability, we proceeded to head to the upstairs of Mistmoore.

This was our first mistake.

It seemed that the upper level attendants, including Mayong's daughter, the Princess herself, were not too keen on being disturbed, and decided to bring the entire upper level staff down to show us the error of our ways. Some of us died immediately, some escaped, and a few lived, only to be taken down by wave #2 of the house staff. We all cried out to our gods, and they sent our elder brother Kahmon, who withheld any "tsk tsking" of his foolish brethren, and simply helped retrieve the carnage to the gates of Mistmoore, where Xandamir began the rezzing process and we all began to tighten our belts and think about revenge. Talinoth had to leave at this time, but with 5 of us left, we thought it was worthwhile trying it again. So we thought about revenge, and headed into Mistmoore without anyone to EVAC us.

This was our second mistake.

We decided to head in again, but not go so deep this time. When we arrived at the stairs to the upper level, we avoided them. "Down", we thought, was the way to look for our targets. But like the Dwarves of Moria, we "delved too deep", and as Hamms was finding playmates for us, it seemed that a few too many had attached. Xandamir, in true heroic fashion, called upon Tunare to Completely Heal Hamms. Unhappy with this turn of events, Hamms' playmates decided to play with Xandamir instead. She went down fast, and the rest of us followed suit quickly. Eraia, thankfully, escaped both debacles with a judicious Gate, just in the nick of time.

Kahmon again helped our group out of the hole we'd dug for ourselves, and it was deja vu', all over again.

All told, the night saw:
9 deaths
8 Essences of Moonlight looted

With some of the rudest gestures you can imagine, we left Mistmoore and crawled to camp thinking only of the next few easy steps in TGIH03A.

Drex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:32 am 
Enforcer

Continuing the sure to be long list for the thank you notes......

Kahmon (need to send him a fruit basket I think. Do Iksars eat fruit?)
Sirailaden
Hamms
Eraia

*better buy some more thank you note packs*

*further note to self, when the tank yells RUN....Run dummy. Also if you have time to cast CH on said tank, you have time to sit and load gate. Do not cast CH.... sit and memorize gate, cast gate and live.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:39 am 
Officer

:wink: First mistake (and this has been well documented) DONT LET HAMMS PULL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:42 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Hehe. This is known as a "patented Haams pull," and, yes, it has been well documented.

You will note, however, that we are still hunting with him and we've all survived to levels 50+, so the tradeoffs are well worth it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:48 am 
Enforcer

Actually if we would have had more time I thonk it would have worked out GREAT. We had an excellent party. Cleric, 2-tanks, Druid, Necro and Mage with Earth pet. We could have easily OWNED Mistmore and his lackeys. We um just made a few mistakes and Eraia was smart enough to get when she was told to. Good girl. Some of us are too thick for that.

Tali got stuck in a wall too. It was supremely hilarious to listen to them say hey.. accept the duel and I will try to KICK you out of the wall. They would have been fine if Tali could have cast a few spells.

/snicker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:38 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

/bonk Xandamir

a cleric without gate memmed? divine barrier and gate are must loads at all times!

although i couldnt count how many times Polusia has died trying to make sure her party made it to zone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:59 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Here are a few screenshots taken during TGIH03A, Step 2 (Acquire Essence of Moonlight at Mistmoore).

Drex