[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - TGIH 03 is about to begin!!!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:36 am 
Enforcer

I have just realized how long it has been since I put pen to parchment. I am surprised my Elders have allowed to get away with this lax behavior for as long as I have been. My friends and I have but recently spent our months, gearing up for another extensive item hunt. This one hopefully will be much akin to and as profitable as the last fabled item hunt we just had.

Even as I speak, we are starting to plan our next moves. We have spent the last few months training and perfecting our hunting techniques with the enjoyable company of the sundry Wayfarers that we have chanced upon. We have remained for the most part in the frozen wastes of The Great Divide, outside the Coldain city of Thurgadin. The goal here (for me at least) has been to gain the trust of those pale-skinned cousins to my Fadwer Neighbors. I had hoped to complete a series of quests from Thurgadin, known throughout the lands as the "Prayer Shawl Quests". I am very happy to say that I am well along the path to completing all 8 quests, thanks to the help and support of an exceptional hunting Vah Shir named Malbro. He has allowed me to accompany him on his hunts, thereby letting me gain favor in the eyes of the Coldain. Without his aid, I doubt that I would have been able to complete the first 2 shawl quests as quickly as I have.

Now that my friends and I are approaching our 39th season as hunters and righters of wrongs, we have decided to pool our resources a second time to look for more fabled magic that will aid us in our further endeavors.

Please look for more stories to come from this line of thought.

Xandamir (Humble Servant of Tunare)

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:27 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Grrr....JUST as I was about to come open up a TGIH03 thread, here is Nealyn beating me to the punch...

----------------------------------------------------------

(fade in)
(Scene: The waterfall outside Thurgadin....we see Drexxell, Thunderhart, Xandamir and Talinoth sitting in a circle, obviously debating something of great importance...)

Drexxell: But we just DID an Item Hunt! Remember The Great Item Hunt of '02?

Thunderhart: But I *NEEEEEEEED* new stuff!

Talinoth: Besides Drex, that was 10 levels ago. Even I'm ready for new gear.

Xandamir: I'm always ready for new gear!

Drexxell: Yeah, but Xanda, the stuff you want can't be acquired til 55th level.

Xandamir: <pouting>

Thunderhart: So are we on for a new Item Hunt or what?

Drexxell: Well, I was hoping to gain more experience in hunting.

Talinoth: But what could yield more experience than hunting the world for rare and beautiful items, seeing the world of Norrath through the eyes of well traveled adventurers, meeting the fair folk of...

Drexxell: Ok, Shakespeare, waxing poetic isn't necessary.

Talinoth: Ok sorry, but seriously, what about a new Item Hunt?

Drexxell: Well, I was thinking, what if we didn't go for as many items all at once? Say, half now, and half in 5 more levels of experience?

All: <obviously impressed with Drexxell's intelligence on this point> Yes, that sounds perfect!

Thunderhart: So what shall we call this hunt?

Talinoth: How about "The revered and sacred worldly quest for the rarest of gems, sought bravely and wonderously by..."

Xandamir: How about "The Great Item Hunt, '03 (A)"?

Talinoth: That's good too.

Drexxell: So level 39 sees TGIH03A, and 44 sees TGIH03B?

All: <obviously impressed with Drexxell's intelligence on this point> Yes, that sounds perfect!

Thunderhart: It's decided then...let's consult the tomes of knowledge and see what items we'll seek.

<fade to black as Thunderhart opens a book upside down...>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That, dear readers, brings us to where we are today...just a few hunts
away from all of us being level 39, and the beginning of TGIH03A. The
items decided upon, just finalized, are:

Talinoth:
Imbued Elven Chain Gloves (Mistmoore, Steamfont or Najena, Felwithe)
Imbued Elven Chain Skirt (Mistmoore, Steamfont or Najena, Felwithe)
Black Alloy Medallion (Runnyeye)

Thunderhart:
Sleeves of the Ancients (Frontier Mountains)
Bracer of Scavenging (Warslilks Woods)

Drexxell:
Visceral Dagger (Crypt of Dalnir)
Diamond Wedding Ring (Tower of Frozen Shadow)

Xandamir:
Gauntlets of the Black (Eastern Wastes)
Fine Antique Velvet Rose (Eastern Wastes, Dawnshroud Peaks, Stonebrunt Mountains, Warslilks Woods, PoK)

Wish us the best, or if you're so inclined, join us for an evening of searching Norrath and beyond, during THIG03A :)

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Last edited by Drexxell on Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:41 pm 
Enforcer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:53 am 
Enforcer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:28 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:36 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172