[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - INFECTION!! .. An OlBiTtY Co. Experience

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:28 pm 
Friend of WoV

VAE SMASH XANAMECH!!

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:05 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:19 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:23 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:14 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

the revenge raid will be held on friday lets go for 8 pm est this time .. if hes not up im sure we can arrange something.. please meet at windmill

channel will be wovcdd

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Last edited by Mytheria on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:17 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Was a great time. Looking forward to getting some revenge on Friday. 8 est time is the earliest I can make it though. Whoot right after I posted the time was set for 8 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:42 am 

I started out casting malos (fire/cold/poison/magic debuff), followed by Malicious Decay (disease debuff) - both of which are unresistable. I then stood in his gut alternating casts of Turgur's (70% magic based slow) and Plague of Insects (50% disease based slow) for about 7 casts until he got annoyed and smooshed me. ALL of them bounced. I heard that Durezil finally managed to get him slowed for a bit. I'm wondering if Durezil cast tash on him, and if so, how quick did he cast it? Just thinking that if he's in the belly of the beast with me initially, we both cast our best MR debuff immediately, if that might help both of us stick a slow on him right away.

If, however, Durezil tashed immediately and I still was unable to stick a Turgur's on him, maybe I was just unlucky.

Just wondering...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:53 am 
Friend of WoV

I had a blast and come Friday..Xanamech will be on the scrap pile. The main thing I can think of to make things better is have a War as the MT. I was too looped on pain killers (back problems) last night to notice much of anything..I even screwed up and broke mez a few times till my head was extracted and I made an assist key. The wait for assist certainly needs to be done. Also, I was trying to slow with Smoo in the belly. I had 7 or 8 of them fail which is very uncommon on that thing. Usually I can get one in right off the bat as a preslow but Cazic was not smiling on me last night :) Anyway, we shall do this again on Friday and this time, the outcome will be with us on top of the scrap heap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:22 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I waited a bit to cast tash, I was mostly chaining 1500 rune on Dunken. About the 3rd cast (maybe 20-30 seconds) I tashed. 3 more runes and realized he wasn't slowed yet so tossed a slow on him with no resist. Heals seemed much more managable at that point and I felt like we had him. Not sure if he rampaged or what but when Dunken went down it caught me by surprise. After that agro didn't seem concentrated. We lost a few casters and pets to the AE, and I think second and even third tanks. The final tank to bite the dust I don't remember their name, Siirus or something (an S word anyway.) I just kept chaining runes on him and lost track of slow duration, I saw it fade and recast but as soon as it faded he was eaten and I could tell we were done for sure. Pretty exciting battle, I can't wait to do it again.
Next time I'll be sure to get my slow on him sooner and will make sure it doesn't wear off. I agree a Warrior makes a much better tank for stuff like this for many reasons.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:43 am 
Friend of WoV

I think we clerics also got a good practice run at CH rotation. Was scary when we lost our Quick Healer - she was munched by Xanamech early in battle.

Things that would help us as well, if someone could holler when Slow has landed - it changes how we heal.

Also if MT goes down, helps to have 2nd, 3rd and 4th tank identified. At one point we had Taniel as the MT which we managed to get a couple of heals on him before he bit it. At that point we had no clue who to heal.

Was also thinking that our QH cleric could switch to rezzer/buffer to get MT back should he die.

Had a blast though and will be ready for Friday! Three cheers to my fellow clerics! I am so looking forward to going back now that we know what to expect and we WILL get this down so watch out future mobs!!
:wink:

Vasilia would have been lost without you. Thanks so much!!

Last edited by Gedare on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:33 am 
Friend of WoV

I usually setup my raid groups with at least one tank type in each group with a healer, be that a druid or cleric. That way if the main tank goes down, the healers can switch to concentrating on the tank in their group. Helps sometimes... :)

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:43 am 

If I can get Turgur's to stick, it will last the duration of the fight unless it's somehow dispelled. Malos (or lvl 60 malo maybe) and Tash will apparently get it done, as neither of our slows has any resist adjust on its own. I won't be able to make it this Friday, but I bet someone can bring a shammy with Turgur's along. If you guys get a slow to stick right away, I've no doubt you can kill him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:53 am 

Magelo: 0
Heh, wondered how I survived for so long. :)

What a blast! I look forward to our next run at the beasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:19 am 
Friend of WoV

Clerics usually like bards. It's the rangers that tend to die. They can't play mana song :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:29 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Odd.. I wasn't getting that feeling last night /pout

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next