[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - BoT Towers - Cancelled

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:48 am 

Magelo: 0
Unfortunately, I cant even get into BoT ... so I'll probably plan on going to Chardok instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:55 am 

i always liked chardok excursions...i'll be there if you need a cleric or chanter and i'd encourage everyone who can to do so as well :)

the couple of times ive been in bot were fun...i'll come if i can...the timing isnt that great for us west coast folks :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:18 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Cancelled for CDD assistance call.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:12 pm 
Friend of WoV

You can run a raid into towers with as little as 1 tower key, as long as the person with the key can gate to their bind outside and run back up and join the next 5 people and click them into tower. Kind of like having wizards take people to Hate, the person with key clicks entire group in. Its easier for at least 1 person in group to have a key but its not required.

Friends don't let Friends do Luclin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:29 pm 
Friend of WoV

If the ring of torden is the key then Ronthinn, or what ever the ring is you get for collecting the for gems in BoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

The key is Enchanted ring of Torden. I'm pretty sure Ronthinn does have it. I am also confident that we have more than enough keys. My original thought was if anyone knew for sure that a 'raid' needed only one or not. Thanks to those that have answered that question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:57 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Notnilc explained it pretty well. You need 1 per group to get up, but the then key holder can just pop back down to grab 5 more people thus only 1 person per raid NEEDS a key. Having 1 per group is just much more convenient. Also, most towers have a port down to the lower area near the port in so the key holder would not need to gate out to PoT.

I think the one thing I didn't see mentioned was that you had to be level 62 or have completed a PoJ trial and the BoT key quest in PoStorms to enter the zone.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:37 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:20 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:49 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:36 pm 
Officer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:30 am 
Friend of WoV

I am truely sorry you felt the need to cancel your raid plans. It was never my intention nor the intention of CDD to have this happen. We were all set to go in without support and were happy when we found out that a few of you would be attending. This was simply a meet and greet for us and could have been done in any setting. We had plans to go down there and felt we should invite you to come along. I fully understand how frustrating it can be to feel like you are being pulled from both ends. But, trust me, we all understand and would have understood. We have several members with tower keys, lets set something up together so we can repay you for your time and sacrifice to your guild.

Best of luck and happy hunting :)

Last edited by Skrunch on Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:11 pm 

I also am sorry our request for help caused problems for you. Although we certainly wanted as many of you to come along as possible, we had already decided to respect your scheduled raid and accept the possibility that none of you would be able to join us that night. The whole purpose (beyond the obvious goal of getting Gedare her epic drop) was to introduce our two guilds, hook up with old friends, and just see how well we did together - most of which could have taken place another night on another target. If we had known there would have been hard feelings on anyone's part, we would have encouraged you to attend your BoT raid with our best wishes, given Chardok our best shot on our own, and rescheduled our combined guild event for another day.

Having said that, I want to make perfectly clear that we DO appreciate all of the help you guys provided for us. All of us that attended thoroughly enjoyed your company and great attitudes and eagerly look forward to doing something like this again. Bluntly put, we apologize for any hard feelings that were caused - there was absolutely no intent to cause any problems. As Skrunch said, let us make it up to you. Schedule something at or just beyond the limits of your guild and lets see if having a group or two from our guild along to help won't tip the balance in your favor. I'd like you guys to say to yourselves "missing the BoT raid did kinda suck, but we made some new friends, and what we can accomplish together now and in the future makes it all worthwhile - and there will certainly be other chances at BoT". Let's give this fledgeling friendship between our two guilds another test and see what happens.

Smoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:46 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Do I hear another trip to POI comming?

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject: To CDD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:41 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

To CDD:
I appreciate your concern and apology. I cancelled BoT originally to allow people to assist you without feeling like they were choosing one event (or guild) over another. I still planned on spending the evening on a Tower raid which many of us did and had a great time. As for being aggravated, that's an internal matter which I didn't intend to be directed at CDD. I don't find you at fault for anything, only wish you had been directed to the proper forum sooner. I'm sorry for the miscommunication.
I look forward to meeting your ranks and hope we can put this misunderstanding behind us. Gratz on a successful Chardok run 8)

As for things that went wrong in BoT;
First off, next time we will buff at the clicky into tower. We had a couple deaths on the way. One was directly due to invis not sticking because we had buffed to limit. We also lost a lot of time on buffs due to the wait involved in retrieving corpses.
Second, people followed directions fairly well I thought, especially considering more than half our numbers were randomly acquired. The pally assigned to MT should not have been pulling though. Not only did I have a difficult time with the few adds there but he was pulling with something WAY to strong for caster mobs. Caster mobs are best pulled with either bcb, recant, or proximity (best.) Anything stronger and they stand there casting over and over rather than chasing.
I think the healers did a great job and should follow their own instincts. No one plays a better cleric than a cleric. If someone advises you something, fine, give it some thought and do what you think is right.
Anywho, the bottom line is these mistakes were both relatively minor clearly only rest on my responsibility as RL. We didn't reach our goal but mostly due to time constraints. Without the delays in getting started I feel strongly that our force could have taken him down. Thanks to all those that came out! It was lot's of fun!