[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - OlBiTtY, Co Presents

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OlBiTtY, Co Presents
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:28 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Ok,

A few weeks a go a team went into GoD zones and explored some of what Qinimi had to offer. I wanted to continue this exploration and if possible attempt one of the trials :) .. If we cannot get the man power to complete a group trial (all 65s a cleric and backup healer tank 7.5hp or greater cc and dps) we can atleast explore the remaining no flag needed zones (riwwi ferubi barindu) I want to set this up for sunday at approx 3pm est

post here to see if we will have enough...

note ~ if no trial is done anyone is welcome but be aware the zones >>should<< not be recommened for those lower then 60 and can be at risk but is welcome to try..

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:36 am 

Magelo: 0
I've jetted around in Barindu and Riwwi a little bit, invis of course, and didn't have any problems. However, I didn't attempt to fight anything either.

I'd LOVE to see more of those zones ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:37 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Does the trial require six people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:45 am 
Elder

I'd like to try baring some unforseen circumstance rearing it's head.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:45 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

yes the trials are 6 people and occurs in an instanced zone (like an ldon) they are called expeditions and according to the god progression chat are for group and are rated a normal difficulty

the names of the zones begin with the sewers of nihilia and end in the following :

the purifying plant
emanating furnace (a.k.a. crematory)
lair of the trapped ones
pool of sludge

there are two more but they are rated moderate :grin:

completion of all 6 trials will give you access to the raiding zones where the uber drops are located

here are links to the printable maps:

[/url]

Last edited by Mytheria on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:51 am 

I should be available, but I understand that a druid may not be the perfect group member. I wonder if it's like PoJ trials where you can get some flagged and then bring along other less essential folks the next time.

I'm not saying that I don't want to attend; I'm just stating that I know when you have only six slots to fill that you may need more solid players. Alley accepts her role as a utility infielder. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:00 am 
Friend of WoV

Only having done 2 sewer expeditions:

First one - took us about 2 hours to do, and most mobs were L65 and hit for 1k and slows don't land fully.

This isn't one where you can let someone slide in and let the others work, everyone needs to be helping in healing, DPS, CC, or whatever they do.

If you can get someone flagged for the first one, the second one is much easier. Mobs are low 60s and hit lit BoT mobs.

The whole group doesn't need to be flagged for first one to get 2nd one, just the person who requests the expedition. (I did 2nd one first for XP, then first for flag, then 2nd for flag).

People will sit near zone in of the 2nd one and just XP there. It's good XP.

If you attempt the 2nd one for flagging, it can take about 4 hours to do. XP is still nice, the group I went in with got almost 2 AAs doing the one expedition.

There are no time limits until you trigger the boss event, then you're timed. So if you're just XPing, you can be there all day long.

When you're done and want to get out, if you don't have anyone who can port, just leave the expedition and in about 40-60 seconds, you'll be forced back to Barindu in the safe room.

But people who are wanting to progress in GoD will need to have all 4 sewer flags, so having someone skipping one to do the others will still have to go back and get the first flag.

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:16 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:16 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

i have located a site which give you information regarding the trials and i found it really informative

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:23 pm 
Friend of WoV

I have done many expeditions... the mobs are very nasty and mitigate slow. Best done with Pal/Shd so that slow can be cast right away.

Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:36 pm 
Friend of WoV

I ll be glad to bring Nytrix for added dps since you think anna would e to low

~~ Nytassasinz ..LVL 19 Drakkin Rogue ~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:57 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Sewer expeditions are a great place to go with a solid 60+ group (65's preferred). Unless you are ready for GoD progression then don't even worry about winning them. Trash mobs can drop very nice gear (though very rare) and if you can get a named to spawn then you are guarenteed something nice. Named are not much tougher then regular mobs, but repops can come in bunches so be careful. XP is also very nice, somewhere between BoT/HoH and elemental levels. If exploring the non-instanced zones then be sure to look for nameds too. Most drop decent gear as well, but XP in those zones is nothing special.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:41 pm 

Thanks for setting this up, Myth. I really had a good time. It was fun to see new zones and new mobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:08 pm 
Elder

It was fun. Thanks Myth.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:09 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

thanx all for coming .. it was fun hopefully next time we wonthave toworry about trains..