[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Trials

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trials
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:47 am 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:51 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:12 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

"Never Give Up"

What happens if I take both the red and the blue pill at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:43 am 
Friend of WoV

AM3 is sick...sick sick sick. Fleeting quiver+swiftwind+AM3+trueshot+all the ATK buffs that rangers get = serious DPS. I think under the proper circumstances, rangers eventually outdamage even wizards in the ranged damage category...er, I remember hearing that somewhere I think.

My poj trials are done, and shaman suck for DPS anyways...but we're GREAT for buffing groups before they head into trials :wink:

Post subject: getting flagged
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:56 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'm all for getting flagged for anything possible also at this point... it sounds fun, i don't mind doing it over and over again til getting it right and getting everybody flagged and plus I wanna be able to use my figurine :lol:

I'm ready whenever we are all ready to attempt going at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:29 am 
Friend of WoV

As you know I'm very interested, but still stuck in the 50's. Haven't had much playing time lately due to other concerns. Hoping to sort this out this week.

Epic Lord Protector of Marr
Knight of Truth
Steel Warrior
Ranger of Seru

Slightly Waterlogged Wizard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:12 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Count me in !
If you need DPS then I am your Gnome. I have maxed out my Spell Casting Fury, and just bought a ID4 item. So now my workhorse spell (Agnarr's Thunder) hits for 2500+ with my crits topping the 5000 mark.

Now if I can just get my copy of Strike of Solusek and lvl 65, heheh !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:10 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:30 am 
I went through the execution trial two nights ago. Group was 65 war, 65 clr, 65 wiz, 65 enc, 65 monk and me, 57 mage.

I nuked my guts out. The warrior simply held agro, the enchanter AE mezzed/nuked; the wizard, enc, monk, pet and I killed them down.

The executioner reached the executionee nearly every time, but was not killed (saved by mere seconds of dps, I assure you).

There are five waves of mobs, then the High Executioner to kill. He has probably 50k+ hp.

Buffs were VoQ, Kazad, Po9, Fo7, FA, SoS, plus DS, and other shaman, cleric and druid buffs.

Some suggestions:

-do not sit, ever. use a mount if you must med. having a sufficent mana pool + FT/VoQ is best
-let warrior agro room, and AE mezz. if you're offtanking you've prolly already lost.
-slows, DoTs and debuffs are practically useless - if you can't nuke them down..then..
-preflagging is not required before you begin, but if you want to unlock the character flag you must talk to the The Tribunal, then Mavuin after you're done.
-dps groups and 'pushing' of others is the safest way to complete the quest

Above comments for Trial of Execution only, which is the Trial required for planar progression quests, aka the one that gives the free AA.

Beyond mod rods I'm pretty much worthless for trial prep, but if you ever need something, just ask.

Post subject: DONE!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:41 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

I was sitting around PoK last night with LFG on when I got invited to a trials group which I naturally accepted. After several tells were made the group looked like this:

63 SK Tanking (Me)
65 Bard for CC, some dps, Hastes, and slows (Irodanis)
65 Rogue for DPS (Lilmischefs)
64 Cleric Healing(Shadowadaire, Snowdark look-alike from SA)
65 Necro for DPS & mana pumping cleric (other)
60 Ranger for dps (other, he started to put the group together)

The trial consisted of 4 waves of 4 mobs which must be killed before the Executioner kills the prisoners. There is about 15 seconds between each wave except that after the 4th one the Executioner agros immediately and must be killed for a victory.

First we went in and I had a seat near the stage so that I would get immediate agro. We easily killed the first wave, but not fast enough as the prisoners died before the mobs.

Fortunately it was late at night with no waiting so we discuessed strategy and tried again. Our mistakes the first time included fighting near the stage which prevented some necro and rogue damage and cost us the mere seconds needed to reach next wave.

One our second attempt I sat further away from the stage so that we would have room to fight. This worked much better as we easily made it thru all 4 waves and on to the Executioner who was very tough, but we were well balanced and defeated him with minimal dificulty.

A few general observations as well as tanks tips:

The "fiend" movel mobs were mezzable, but the "boulder" ones were not, but they were charmable.
It did not seem like anything hit partiularly hard or had immense HPs.
Sitting IS a great way to get agro there. (Something I should do more often other places too)
At somepoint in the 2nd or 3rd wave several buffs were dispelled. (Including Virtue :( )

Once done the consesus was that the trials are about your ability to play your class well as things come down to seconds (or less) and any mistake can cost you a victory.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:55 am 
Grats to you guys for getting exec's done.

A couple follow up points to Kahmon's post:

-the only person who should sit is the MT, who should sit at the end of the benches, away from the chopping block.

-we didnt have bard for mez, but did have chanter and all were mezzable at 65 for the enchanter.

Good job, and I'm sure you'll be ready to help others out through the flagging process now!

Post subject: OMGWEEEE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:17 pm 
Friend of WoV

I dont really have a time like for doing this yet. I was really concentrating on getting to 60 (which I did... yay!!!), but I will try and get the ball rolling on this soon.

-Enerra 60 Enchanter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:28 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

WOOT! Gratz fellow kei'er!!

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me