[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Anguish..

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anguish..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 am 
Elder

Magelo: 0
The arch magus is a possibility depending on numbers, however I doubt we could do OMM :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I would go out on a limb and say doing OMM is outside the realm of possibility. :)

We did kill AMV last time we went, but he doesn't always drop the BP item. And I don't think Ture always drops the sword. But maybe we'll get lucky!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

It's decided. The 13th is the day that I have chosen for Anguish. I might have a friend joining us if that isn't a huge problem (or several of them, if I can convince another to come along). DPS shouldn't be a problem. Tanking/Healing will be a bit foggy to predict, but hopefully since I'm planning this in a good bit in advance, that won't be a problem. The only real encounters being a bit of an annoyance is AMV/Jelvan. Rest are pretty straightforward.

Last edited by Doldrum on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am 

All are welcome on Wayfarer raids. I'll put it on the calendar.

Who is leading us?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'm going to put on my raid leading cap. It's very dusty but I'm doing advanced research into each encounter and have talked to several people about each encounter to prepare for it. Hopefully that doesn't scare anyone off though.

Post subject: Keldovan the Harrier
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:32 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'm going to make posts on each encounter, please if you see something in error, contact me via PM.

Sources: Allakhazam, Mapfiend, and word of mouth from friends...

Keldovan the Harrier:

Weakens as you kill his "pets" that are found in the pit. (Circled on map as Chimera's and Feran kill point). Five of his pets need to be killed in order to really do much to KtH. While in the pit, you want to be as far as possible from the other pits (So being in the corner that is most away from the pits would be the best location).

He casts:
Packmaster's Curse NPC Hatelist 300', Chromatic (-350)
1: Decrease Spell Damage by 20%
2: Decrease HP when cast by 800
3: Set Healing Effectiveness to -80%
4: Decrease AC by 180
5: Increase Curse Counter by 16
6: Decrease Hitpoints by 100 per tick
7: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

Torment of Body NPC Hatelist 0', Prismatic (-375)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 3000
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 300 per tick
3: Decrease Accuracy by 25%
4: Decrease Effective Casting Level by 100
5: Increase Curse Counter by 24

Touch of Anguish NPC Hatelist 0', Cold (-475)
1: Decrease Spell Damage by 30%
2: Decrease Movement by 90%
3: Decrease All Skills Damage Modifier by 30%
5: Increase Poison Counter by 30
6: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

The first and second ability is cured with RGC. The last ability is cured with some form of cure poison (higher than 30 counters)

Keldovan the Harrier will be tanked in the area on map labeled as: "Tanking Position"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 am 
Elder

ummm, We've been tanking him in the SE corner and the NE pit, looking at the map, is the one we've been doing the feran and Chimeras.

Post subject: Ture
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:48 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Ture:

Watching emotes is key for this encounter. Setting up a audio trigger for the AE business is the best plan of action.

Ture roars with fury as it surveys its attackers. (Is the emote to watch out for)
*This is the time where all melee need to go back to the fallback area. Not tanks.
*There is a 5 second lag time before he actually does anything of sheer importance.

Ture's eyes roll into its head as it goes into a frenzy (This is after the first emote, 5 seconds).

Ture calms and regains its focus (This is after the second emote and is a signal for melee to jump back into the fray).

Casts:
Stone Breath Targeted AE 200', Chromatic (-200)
1: Stun(3.00 sec)
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 500
3: Cancel Magic(9)

Swamp Breath Targeted AE 200', Poison (-300)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 200
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 300 per tick
3: Increase Poison Counter by 18

Thunder Breath Targeted AE 200', Magic (-250)
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 1500
2: Cancel Magic(9)
3: Cancel Magic(9)

Wanton Destruction PB AE 300', Magic (-300)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 4000
2: Decrease Mana Pool by 1000
3: Decrease Hitpoints by 500 per tick
4: Increase Curse Counter by 36
5: Decrease ATK by 500
6: Decrease AC by 60
7: Decrease Mana by 100 per tick

Curing is essential. Beastlords, Rangers, whatever hybrid can are reccomended to cure the poison (Swamp Breath) to allow curse curers a little head room (Wanton Destruction).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:50 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 am 

It'll all be fine. A lot of us have done those fights numerous times, and I'm sure you'll do great as a leader :) It's going to be a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

june 13 at 4pm works for me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:16 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Going to try to be there, have a tank or a healer depending on what the raid needs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

i would love to come...never done CoA...left game right before i had the chance...i'm geared fine...got lots of raid experience, but i'm a probationary member, so i'm not sure if i'm allowed to raid yet...couldn't find anything related to it...but i could be wrong...

thanks

nyte aka matt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:59 pm 

Absolutely you are allowed to raid! All are welcome on WoV raids (given appropriate levels, of course).

Here's a in case you missed it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:18 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Working till 7/8 est. Not sure if Ill be able to catch up to you folks but I'll try and if I don't GL.

Windweyen - level 24 Ranger
Musickiller - level 20 Bard
Mordemonk - level 29 Monk
Mordewiz - level 18 Wizard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next