[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - AG/FC

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AG/FC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:50 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Supposedly the flagging was removed for attending Ashengate and Frostcrypt raids as long as you're higher than lvl 74. The raid requester still needs all the old flags though.

Post subject: Re: AG/FC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:53 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
On one hand, I'm glad for this because it means more people can participate, but on the other, I'm a bit tired of busting my rear to *flag up* only to have the requirements waived shortly thereafter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:44 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

This is the way it's going to work now, with each new expansion that comes out they are going to remove the flagging requirements of an older expansion. So in November (or shortly after) they should remove the flagging requirements on Solteris.

It sucks to have your hard work trivialized, but that's one of the downsides of raiding older content.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 am 
Friend of WoV

Magelo: 1331167
I was planning on finishing the last of my FC flag tonight.... yeah. This annoys me. In about two weeks or so, I'm not going to care, but right now - irritating. Yes, I'm being cranky. I finished my Anguish sigs the week before they changed the requirements on that zone too. The problem with being a few expansions behind on progression I guess.

Don't just stand there and bleed! I forgot to mem succor... RUN!!
"It ain't easy having pals." Charley Bowdre, Young Guns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:40 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Time to move on to Solteris!

Uggh, more flagging.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:55 am 
Friend of WoV

Magelo: 0
I can honestly say that I really don't miss flagging. Having content that you worked through revamped/easy buttoned is frustrating, and I don't miss that either. :lol:

I'm sure there are some kind of flagged raid zones in EQ2, but I'll probably never visit them. I still haven't even seen what the EQ2 raid window looks like, rofl! Or, you could say that I'm "seven months clean" of raids. Must stay on wagon!

Gealaen Gaiamancer (EQ2 Warden & Tailor)
Thaentos (EQ2 Shadowknight & Carpenter)
Acade Spiritscribe (EQ2 Mystic & Sage)
Aegad Bottlebreaker (EQ2 Conjuror & Alchemist)
Tyraen Thornheart (EQ2 Ranger & Woodworker)
Ardra (EQ2 Wizard & Jeweler)
Sanwych Shortorder (EQ2 Ranger & Provisioner)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 pm 
Officer

I still think the real solution to this issue is for Sony to offer something to people as an incentive to still backflag. Two ideas I think would work are:

1) An unlimited stat item. This would be the single most time-reliable piece of gear in the game (at full strength) because there would be no cap to the stats -they would increase as you get more raid flags. Perhaps even make it so that the effects get better, but the stats on this item would be capped based on the expansion so that if you had every single raid flag, you'd have an item that's on par with the top gear of the expansion.
2) Special raid-only AAs. Beat the raids and get a bonus that only raiders would get.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:44 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

I've never been in favor of complely removing flag requirements, but I do like the idea of back flags becomming easier over time and/or lowering the % needed to piggie people in. For example: in AG and FC lower flag:piggie ratio from 5:1 to 2:1, and increase the rate for backflag drops. I'd do similiar things to other "older" content as well.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:31 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'm still waiting for my refund of real-life hours spent getting my VT key :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:57 pm 

And how about all those hours getting lucid shards!

Somehow I don't resent all the hours getting flagged for Anguish.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:41 am 

to correct this information,

the flagging requirement is removed provided that one member that can request the instance has the required faction and preflags.

for requesting FC1, you are required to have the following things:

Beat 3 Group Tasks, Have Beaten the 3 previous raid tasks (Khangur, the Traitor, and King) or beaten and looted a back flag, and the required faction (must be Allied, to Wraithguard, and Wraithguard Leadership)

FC2.

Beaten FC1 all events, or looted flag from Final event in FC1, along with required faction tasks.

Ashengate:

east and west:
Faction, Vergalid Backflag

north:
Looted backflag, have all 3 factions at max allied, Virtual Backflag from beating Stitch and Sothgar

(note that only one person has to have beaten all these things to request the instance,)

Hope this corrects the misunderstandings of it,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:45 am 

I think we're good on this, but thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:49 am 

no worries, i just saw this and wanted to make sure it was confirmed, i know if you guys really want to mess in fc1 or 2 raid instances let me know i can request for you,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:58 am 

Been there, done that, killed Beltron.

Thanks anyway.