[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Shaman Epic 1.5

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shaman Epic 1.5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:15 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:41 pm 
Elder

Magelo: 0

Post subject: what lvls needed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:37 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:34 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

He can be pulled and fought on shore as it apparently will come out of the water.
The AoE stun, 150 range, is unresistable (also has a 500 point damage component), and is pretty much the same proc as the turtle for the beastlord epic.
It is level 65, and single hits for 800, but is capaple of quadding.
With an extended range item you can get casters far enough away to cast on it while out of range of it's stun.
It is supposed to be slowable.
I've read reports of him being one grouped as long as there were two healers working on keeping the MA alive without him being slowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:21 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Wow, thanks for the info Saara! Much appreciated...

Know any specifics about the FG encounter after that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:25 pm 
Friend of WoV

Just let me know when Del and I'll be there with someone. You choose who is needed,.

~~ Nytassasinz ..LVL 19 Drakkin Rogue ~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:10 am 
Friend of WoV

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:03 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Actually we did it with two groups that none were time flagged and main tank only had 5k hps with buffs.

And the FG encounter is easy and can be soloed. You can actually do it before you kill the shark.

Where the guy is in FG, you just talk to him once then kill the shrooms right down the hill from him and keep killing them till you get the big shroom you need. He can easily be tanked by your pet, though you'll have to heal it probably a few times after you get the shroom slowed.

We got lucky and had both shrooms pop at once with my chanter pet on one, Iroj's (My girlfriend) pet on the other.

I was surprised at how easy it actually was.

Edit:: added:
Forgot to mention though, the tank was level 65 and only have 5k hps. It took two clerics, 63 and 64, two shamans, both 65, and all their mana to keep him alive. Lol, he usually doesn't play his warrior but brought him on to tank the mob when we tried it.
I haven't told Iroj yet that I've actually killed the megaladon, because we still haven't killed it for her. She does have all her groundspawns from TS, the shrooms, and the skins done though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:24 pm 
Friend of WoV

I see 5k tank and shudder .. I can be raid buffed to over 7k now, and I'm an enchanter :)

Just giving you a warning that may or may not matter depending on the encounter.

I've been trying a kill for my epic that is said is 2-groupable, and we fail with 3 groups.

there's one kill that is said to need 4-groups. that will be interesting.

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:05 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:05 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I still don't know for sure if I can make this or not.
I'm taking LaMarr to a train show and then we are going grocery shopping.
If we get back in time I should be on.
It is possible to spawn the shark more than once if no one does the turn in for their epic till we are all done killing sharks.
Then all the others can just run back to there to do the turn in whenever the mob is up again.
So, if you know any shamans who need the piece as well, might be a good idea to invite them along, just so we can whack the shark for everyone tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:23 am 
Friend of WoV

I'll be there for ya Dela :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:10 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Very fun fight. Wasn't sure we were gonna succeed at many points. Vas and Alley pulled off some amazing last second heals. I've never seen a mob so abusive to pets though. I think poor Tony died a few times.
Gratz Del!

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:02 pm 
Friend of WoV

Gratz Dela...was a fun fight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:28 am 

Magelo: 0
Woot! Grats Del!