[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - bum bum ba planes!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bum bum ba planes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:34 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 0
yea, so i was curious, being that im not near lvl 60 yet, i was curious as to the importance of the planes. i dont really care about gear, but i do love character progression and more than anything, being able to explore new places. thats why im not really the kind to enjoy hours on hours of constant pulling...(making it hard to lvl) :P and if i dont move from one spot in a group its because im helping someone out or im having alot of fun with the group.
so heres what im wondering, are the planes a waste of effort except for maybe loot and exp? or are they places i can go to explore and run around and even solo in? (get stuck with that a bunch if im not with guildees) are the quests to get flags fun? or are planes raids the kind where you go and sit in one spot and kill and kill and kill and eventually start yelling at someone because they arnt playing thier character right? i remember one time i was with drex and his gang of merry men and we did a real old world dungeon crawl, start in the entrace and move inward to get exp, and more importantly a chance to explore a zone and have fun with those who we consider friends. how do you guys, who have seen what i may never, feel about this? i dont mean to sound negative but one of my friends had quit because at the higher lvls they said it was all work and more like a job to be uber, to get all the flags and all that stuff. im curious because im approching the lvls where i can get access to the planes and start the trails and stuff. and im wondering if i should begin now or focus on hitting 65 so im not left in the dust :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:39 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

alot of people look at the planes for mere progression .. honestly my view of the planes is that its very rich in lore and the plots of the progression are kinda interesting .. the events to me seem like a lot of fun specifically caprin xanamech rallos and agnarr .. many people though look at it solely as a progression for loot xp and what not ..

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:59 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I have VERY little interest in Planar progression. If I ever see flags it's because I did them with my friends and guildmates. I have no interest whatsoever in being carried in a raid by a bunch of people I don't know. As for exploring, there are several places you can explore that are amazing views of creative scenery and such. However, the only places I can think of off the top that could be done without much fear of getting whacked is Plane of Justice and Plane of Storms (Plane of Tranquility for those that don't know is just a hub zone like PoK and therefore completely safe.) Most of the mobs there are nonaggressive (but they ARE social! so be careful.) A longlasting invis and SoE can get pretty far in a couple other zones but many planar mobs are either undead or see invis, or like in Bastion of Thunder, you get random storms that pelt you not only for heavy damage but remove your invis also. Halls of Honor gets my vote for favorite planar zone for two reasons; I love the architecture and sky, and it's virtually lag free even when raids are going on with 80+ people in the zone. The fact that I can solo a little more than 1 aa an hour there is just a bonus :wink:
Oh, and I've never been concerned about loot... hrmm, maybe that's why I'm always poor 8)

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:19 pm 
Friend of WoV

I agree with Durezil. One place that is awesome to explore and good exp is OoW. The instanced zones are great to travel through. Try it out if you have OoW. I am in no way interesten in planar progression. If i'm there with my guildees that have keys great if not no biggee!!