[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Guild Games 2004

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guild Games 2004
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:16 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

This is the offical post for the Guild Games 2004 SpOnsErEd By the Olbitty Co.

Date: 07/26/04

Time: 8pm Est (7Cst)

Approx Time: about 2 hours max 3 depending on hunt

edit -- Metting Place: Pok Port In

The following is a list of events with edits that can be made before hand if new ideas come up:

BoTB Solo Tournament: An all out bloodfest held in the arena in the true Rallos Zek tradition. Winner will recieve 2k and proclaimed BoTB Champion.

BoTB Team Competition: Team leaders will be setup of which they choose players to join them at battle. Winning team will receive 1k a piece.

Scavenger Hunt: Collect miscelaneous items found in lower level zones (30 or lower) to complete a quest or create a player made item (it wont be revealed what you have to do until then) Winner receives 1k (or item have to look for goodies)

Bonk Da Bard: Myself or any other willing bard will run across the continent of antonica. He cannot use any books or spires but can use boats. First person to catch /bonk him and he sees it wins. Winner receives 1k (or item have to look for goodies)

EDIT-- New category DRUNKEN IKSAR RACE: yes the drunken iksar race has returned. each player will create an iksar and run across the home town first one that makes it without falling wins. note: This may replace one ot the PvP events if there is lack of interest.

*I dont want to add to much cuz it will be a weeknight but may possibly add one more catogory or replace pvp if there is lack of interest.

I may have a gm host the BoTB portion of this even for fun. They have done it for me before and its pretty kewl how creative they get =P

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:22 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

To Begin the event a bit early.. I decided to start with a some lore:

Olbitty: Hail, Forpar Fizla!

Forpar Fizla: Leave me be. Can't you see I'm Busy! .. Oh, its you Olbitty. My how you've changed. You seem ready to fulfill my greatest desire.

Olbitty: What desire do you ask of me?

Forpar Fizla: For all these years, my old soul has always searched for the components to create a ring of incredibly beauty. This ring has powers to help ease to powers of even the greatest Magicians.
(forpar hands Olbitty a list of items)

Forpar Fizla: Please take this list so that I may craft this item. Run now and collect for the me to components.

Olbitty: I will do my best. Olbitty run to the Plane of knowledge to share her news with the Mighty Wayfarersof Veeshan...

more to come.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:26 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Thanks for setting this up, Myth :) This was a lot of fun, even if I did come in next to last (but at least I beat Freez).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:31 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

the event was tons of fun and i would like to thank everyone for joining in. was very nice to hack at iro =P here is the list of winners.

Bonk Da Bard : TANLIEL

DRuNkEN Race : EPISKOPOS

Scavenger Hunt: RHUTE

and our Best of the Best winner :

BORDOMIR
Champion 2004

ill post the images once i can figure out how .. my pueter never loads them right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:50 pm 
Friend of WoV

Was lots of fun... I very well may have wont the Duels, but like usual I completely forgot that I had Gather Mana at my disposal.

Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:23 am 

Magelo: 0
i had a lot of fun at this, Myth...thanks for taking the trouble to initiate it :)

once again, Freezie is humbled by the better bard...he never thought to watch his hp bar, lol (not that he could have done anything about it anyway)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:39 am 
Friend of WoV

I know only a few have so far posted as to how they felt about the Event, but I would like to share my experiences with guild events like this :)

THEY ROCK!! Simple as that. As long as there is some good planning done by the Coordinator, these 'beat on each other' type events are really fun. While Guild Leader of Patron of Valor, we did this at least once a month and even had some cash (few K plat) or some halfway decent items that were collecting dust in the Guild Bank to give out as prizes. Then what our plan was, was to take the winner of each monthly contest and at the end of the year, have a HUGE Guild tourney. There would be events at the Tourney for everyone, but the Main Attraction was going to be the 11 winners for the year of the Royal Rumbles would allbe pitted against each other in a WWF Smackdown-style free for all fight. The one left standing would be the Grand Champion of the Guild.

OMG!! the fun we had at the first few events. Everyone wanted to fight Hardolmer and then of course when I became GL, they all wanted a piece of me too :P It was all just SO much fun and you would see people start "swaggering" around and 'talking trash' in guild chat. Most of us looked forward to these times and I felt that it DID bring us closer, at least for the time we were beating on each other. :grin:

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:06 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

THANX FOR THE KIND WORDS VAE!

My main reasoning for doing this was cuz i wanted something non stressfull like raiding mobs or something that we can just do just to lay back and have fun. many times raiding mobs, grouping in zones, doing advents are fun but still your focusing on a task at hand vs just plain ol messing around. im very happy with the turnout of the event and ill be very happy to host one again in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:20 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
I'm sorry I missed these games..I was online, but had made up my mind a-priori that I was going to clean up all the random bits and bobs cluttering up the 1280 bank slots amongst all my characters and knew it'd take me hours to do so. I apologize for not making it, especially since (like Vae) I'm a very very strong proponent for these sort of events.

In the past, this guild has done "" (using /consent and /corpse and 2 teams in South Karana), a "" a "" (talk about cleaning out bank slots!) and a ""

I applaud Myth for setting this up and hope others step up to organize other fun events.

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:25 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan