[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - looking for ideas

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: looking for ideas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:11 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

ok have been having problems with crashing in game... after a bunch of phones emails replacement of ?bad router?...have found that have a virus...what is doing is overload my modem.. have anti virus/spy/fire wall/ got it thur a shared file is my guess at this time...k question complete wipe...or is there a program that someone has tried and thinks would work...ok thanks for any ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:15 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Magelo: 0
Maden you mught try loking into Mcafee about the best anti virushave foundfi to

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:17 pm 

I would avoid the "big two" ... McAfee, Norton/Symantec
Personally, I use and have never had a problem.
There's also , that runs online.

If you know specifically what the virus is (name, etc.) we can certainly find a removal tool that will fix the issues. Unfortunately, I'd recommend isolating the system, esp. from the internet, while trying to fix the problem, so that it doesn't download anything else.

It's likely that you'll have a number of problems before this is all said and done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 pm 

What?!?! Norton? i thought that WAS a Virus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:00 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Here's . Might try that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:35 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

have tried the above ideas and problem is still there... is it possilbe for the modem to bugged or bad and saying it is the computer???? at this thinking about packing the computers up and taking into computer store and have them go thur the machines...any other ideas suggestions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:16 am 
Friend of WoV

hola maden. Gene is building me a cpu..went to ask for a lil help at cpu dr- and he told me of a new worm out that they are having a hard time fighting. The Dr. Really pushed firewalls... Norton and using more than 1 anti virus /spybot type stuff. It is a passive type so it doesnt have to come from opening an unknown mail per say---gets into yur cpu from unsecure sites also and messes in the ram<--- i think he said ram..LOL...using 97..98% of yur cpu~ keeping it so busy it cant do anything else. It would take a 'hospital stay' and intensive care for yur cpu if u have this... Possibly..If u only use cpu for eq,basically.. U can clear and reformat evvvveryything-without worries of backing up/possible loss of important info. So peeps--firewalls and nortons etc UP at all times =)) Im realllly NOT a cpu kinda peep- 8-O just passing along info. Plz consult a professional but i hope i helped =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 am 

ZoneAlarm makes a free firewall that I use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:40 pm 

One other suggestion: put down the hammer, and back away slowly . . .

Sorry :( I know how frustrating this must be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm 
Elder

Yes, it is possible for a modem to go belly up.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:25 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

hammer!! not as good as jumping up and down on cpu and the jumping will warm you up...at this time doing a complete restore on the computers ...working or trying to work with hughes on modem problem they are stuck on it is the computers theyare bad/bug/.. kind of nothing is wrong with my stuff it is others..thanks for the help all hope to be see you all in game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:17 am 
Officer

Hope they resolve the issue soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:41 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

ok think I'm up and running but with grandson intown not a lot of free time... not happy with who i have my internet thur looking at changing over to wildblue has anyone used them or know someone who uses them? and the only option i have is satille or satille... miss the good phones and cable by 1/4 of a mile no plans in the near furture to extend them 2-5 years maybe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:58 am 

I'm glad to hear you have part of the problem solved, Maden. Enjoy that grandson and see you when you can get in game. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:32 am 
Officer

Haven't heard of wildblue. Have fun with your grandson!