[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Major error with EQ Titanium

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:40 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I did get Titanium. And a boat load of problems. Disk 3 has a corrupt file, and it automatically deletes all of the old EQ files when Titanium trys to install. Knowing this, the set-up won't complete without that one, single file. So, I can't play EQ for awhile until Sony says something/we get it fixed. I still have it on one computer, but it's laggy and freezes so badly I'd probably walk off a cliff or die in some other manner.
So I'm going on temporary absence. We're calling Sony tomorrow, but, knowing my luck, we won't have it fixed before I leave for a week on Sunday. Any suggestions? We already tried copying the files onto the computer and downloading them from there, and it still won't work. Get the same error.
Specific error is...

Component Transfer Error
Component Tianium
File Group: EQ files
File: E:\data4.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Any suggestions?

Larisha Nakeakasu, 55 Beastlord.
Heela Trublu, 51 cleric.

RIP Missiie Stormyeyes.

Currently: Working on Planar Progression

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:40 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Ugh. I'm sorry. That's so frustrating. Hopefully Tanliel will have some constructive advice when he reads this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:39 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Magelo: 0
I would suggest taking it back to where ever you got it (or call them before you do) to see if you can take it back and get a replacement due to a bad disc. That might be your easiest fix..

If nothing else, and granted the file size is small enough, we could send the disc 3 as a zip. Then you could unzip it to where you have the other files you took off the other discs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:52 am 

You dont need anything in the box but the code to register the expansions.

Just go into the Patcher and have it download all the expansions. You'll get all the up to date files ... but it'll take a while.

If you've got a network (wireless, wired, either way) copy an existing good install of EQ to the target computer, then update from the patcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:05 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

We can't. The patcher won't come up- anything reguarding Everquest on the computer that it has to be installed on has been deleted. No shortcut, no files in the Everquest folder, no anything.
We're going to try to take it back today, see if they'll give us a new one or at least a refund.

Heela Trublu, 51 cleric.

RIP Missiie Stormyeyes.

Last edited by Heela Trublu on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:08 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:34 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Bleeeeh.
They didn't have another copy, so we got a refund instead. We're calling a Wal-Mart 45 minutes away, and their checking their inventory. If they don't have it, we're going to have to drive down to this one Wal-Mart an hour away.

Heela Trublu, 51 cleric.

RIP Missiie Stormyeyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:10 am 

IF you registered with the expansion key in the box ....

- - just download and install.
Run, patch all the expansions.

Ta da! You're done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:52 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

We got it to load this time. ^_^ Woot! When we started the patcher, it first said 'Estimated Time to Download: 171 hours' 8-O
It's down to five now though. :grin:
Down to 1 hour 45 minutes.

Heela Trublu, 51 cleric.

RIP Missiie Stormyeyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:21 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Good to see you back in business! 8)

Have a good weekend,

Pipe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:03 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

A little late.... (sigh)...

But when I do a new box.... I grab my old Kunark disks.... do a install... then copy the files from one of the other boxes to the new one over the network. Then run the patcher...

Since the files came from a working box... there is nothing to update 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:32 pm 

Just FYI, you dont actually have to "install" EQ, just copy it over.

It works just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:28 am 
Guild Leader

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.