[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - I Can't Believe This!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Can't Believe This!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:53 am 
Officer

Hey all,

Ok, so I need some help getting into the game. Of course this isn't going to be as easy as I had originally planned. I loaded EQ, bought a subscription, got all the way to the server choice. Then the Norton firewall thing says something about 989 Block, so I turned off the Norton settings. Now, I can't get to the EULA screen. Everytime I finish searching for files and it loads, the screen crashes and says that everquest.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. I hit the debug option and nothing happens. This is so amazingly frustrating! Does anyone have any computer tips on how I can fix this, what I'm doing wrong, or anything of the sort? It would be greatly appreciated (especially since my account has already started). Oh I have a Dell laptop in case that may make a difference. :roll:

Thanks,
~Orion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:55 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

No idea how to help you. :( But I sure hope someone can. I haven't played in a while but I did try to get on Thursday night. For some reason I'm getting the same thing you are ... the screen crashes and says that everquest.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. If someone can tell us how to fix the problem maybe I'll see you in game soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:57 am 

Magelo: 0
Make sure that you're up to date with DirectX 9.0c . If you've got the Dell model, that'll tell us the videocard and everything else. How much RAM? What other programs are running?

and be sure you're up to date with your

Could also suggest doing a Full Scan to make sure you've got all the files ya need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:35 pm 
Officer

Hey Tan,

Thanks for the advice. I checked and have the latest version of Direct X 9.0c. I've got a gig of ram so that's not a problem. I have the windows update updated :grin: But I don't know how I can check for a full scan. :cry: I didn't even know you can do that heh. Kind sir, please do let me know .

Oh and my video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon x300 and sound card is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio. I went to the EQ site to see if I was missing drivers or something and they had a couple of links. But I didn't have a clue which drivers I was supposed to download. If you can help me out Ill owe you big! :wink:

Thanks!
~Orion

P.S. Sorry to hear you're having the same problem too Vas :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:42 pm 

When you launch EverQuest, click the Advanced button and on the next screen select Complete File Check. That will check all your EverQuest files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:57 pm 
Elder

If you are using Norton's as a firewall, Does Norton's have a firewall?, it might be you have to open it and give EQ permission to access the net.

If it isn't a firewall, do you have a firewall that might be blocking EQ?

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:25 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Whatever it was, it's fixed now. Orionpax is in game!

:woot: :banana:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:10 pm 
Elder

Yaaay :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm 
Officer

Ok so here's the solution. I searched the net for a similar problem. If you have all the right stuff, you're problem may actually be the resolution setting of the eqgame.exe program. This was my problem.

Vas, I think what you need to do is go into your EQ folder, then look for a file called OptionsEditor. It should look exactly like the Everquest.exe file (Whiteshield with the letters E and Q on it in blue). Double click the file and select your video card. Then in a couple of screens there will be an option for you to pick your resolution. My resolution was on 800x600 but my video card needed to run on a higher resolution (of which i'm not complaining heh) but someone else online had the opposite problem with their cmoputer needing a lower resolution.

Adjust the settings and resolution and try it again. Hopefully it'll work. =)

I hoep to see you in game Vas! :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:52 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I tried your fix Orion and still no luck. I'm not ready to come back just yet but I'll try to get this fixed soon. When I do I'll drop in to say hi. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:06 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Welcome back Orion :l :monkey: :monkey:

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:12 pm 
Officer

Vas,

Maybe you don't have DirectX 9.0c? The Everquest.com also has a couple of pages for troubleshooting. I don't know. When the time comes, let me know and i'll search the net for a solution for you :wink:

and thanks all, it's good to be back =)