[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - DirectX 9c...

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DirectX 9c...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:14 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Hey all
I've been trying to install DirectX 9.0c on my computer for a couple of days now with no success. I can download the installer fine, but when I run the program it tells me that a 'cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted' and installation fails. This occurs sometimes before the files extract and sometimes after. Any thoughts? This PC is a bit screwy and may just need to be taken in, but any help is appreciated.

65th Druid =) (breaking out of retirement)
Confusing Everyone (39th Beastlord)
"I may be drunk, but you're ugly...and at least I'll be sober in the morning." - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:37 am 

Magelo: 0
There are 2 different distributions of DirectX at any point in time, the End User and the Developer.

, which will download a small app and then determines what you need to bring DirectX up to the current level and downloads it. (10KB-16MB)

, which contains ALL of DirectX and doesn't require the downloading of anything else. (34MB)

If I ever have a problem, or think I may have a problem, I get the Redist version, so that I've got all the files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:30 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I forgot to mention I had already tried the redist version. The download is different but when I run the installer I encounter the same problem. Cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. I've scanned the files with norton and everything, tried it with and without norton enabled....no luck though :(

"I may be drunk, but you're ugly...and at least I'll be sober in the morning." - Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:45 pm 
Friend of WoV

What OS you using Wulv?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:46 pm 

Might help to give OS and the exact error message that appears on screen. Title bar and everything in the error message box. Even a screenshot could help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:47 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I'm using windows xp home.....message that comes up is right after I click next to install, under the DirectX 9 Runtime Installer. As soon as installation starts, when it says the installation process is >Installing components, a DirectX Setup window pops up (with a red X image) saying that "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted." I click ok (only option) and it take me to the finish page where it tells me installation failed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:00 pm 
Friend of WoV

im surprised that it doesnt name the specific Cab file....Hmmm... do you have SP 1 or 2 installed, what version of Direct X are you running now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:04 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

SP....? Currently running dx 9.0b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:21 pm 

Service Pack

Right click on My Computer, select Properties and then look at the top where it shows the OS. Should tell you what version of XP you have, then list the Service Pack, if installed.

Updates for Windows XP are available at:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:55 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

No SP listed. Not sure what that means, but all I have is XP home version listing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:10 pm 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:03 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:42 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:27 pm 
Friend of WoV