[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Missing (Yes/No) and (Accept/Decline) Button.

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:16 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable with the workings of a UI in EQ. I have never really made one, but I have used many many differents ones since they gave us the ability to do so way back when. However, I have ran into a problem that I cant solve. Saturday I downloaded a new UI from EQInterface.com, its one of the Vert UI's named Ocean-Spray (You can find it at this URL --> ) It had been DL'ed almost 18,000 times and even has the EQInterface "Star of Approval" for what thats worth. So I am pretty sure that its not the UI that is causing my problem.

My problem is that I now have no box pop up giving me the Yes/No or Accept/Decline buttons. I found out that I had this problem Sunday when Malbro was sending a Guild Invite to my Cleric Alt. He would send the Invite and I would get the Pop-up box telling me that he was inviting me into the Guild but I would get no Button to accept the invite. At first we thought that it may have been my screen resolution (I am running 1280x1024) So I set my resolution all the way up to 1900x1600 to see if the (Yes/No) or (Accept/Decline) Button had been moved out of my view. Upon setting my resolution to 1900x1600 I notice that I do not even have a button to accept the new resolution so it goes back to 1280x1024 after 30 seconds. I then keep switching back to 1900x1600 and taking my 30 seconds to move all my chatboxes, group window, player window, etc .. around to make sure that my (Yes/No) or (Accept/Decline) Button is not hidden under something, and its not. So then I switch my UI back to the normal old Default one hoping that would fix it, but no luck. I then Reboot and Reconnect and I am still having the same problem. The only thing that I have not done is a clean Reinstall of EQ which I am hoping to avoid if I can.

Has anyone ever had this problem before, or know of a way I can fix it ??
Or do I just need to do a clean Reinstall ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:20 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Oh yeah, just to add something I forgot to put.

I get no button when I try to destroy an Item or Loot a NO DROP item.

I have totally lost all Yes/No and Accept/Decline Buttons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:55 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I'm sorry, Zeno, I don't have a clue. I have never used anything but the standard UI so I don't know what you would look at to fix it. Maybe Llaffer or Tanliel or Zbik has an idea. Or maybe you could load the default long enough to let us guild your little cleric and then go back to the other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:59 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

When you use a custom UI (and you may have already done this) it's best to make a copy of your default folder, rename it, then dump your new UI files into this folder. This generally will solve any of the little ticks that these UI's seem to have unless there has been a major interface change in a recent patch since the UI was created/updated. Beyond that it gets over my head and is the point when I generally say "oh well, this UI doesn't work" and find a new one..hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:55 pm 
Banned

That's what you get for trying to customize. I just use the default UI so I don't have to worry about any of this stuff.

- Att

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:58 pm 
Friend of WoV

ACK!

No! No! No!

Never copy contents of default folder into a custom.

The only files that should exist in a custom folder are those that are changed.

That way, when they change a window that you don't use, you won't have to go around finding a new copy of it, it will already be there (RaidWindow will change in GoD -- if you have a copy of this in your custom, you won't see it unless you copy it over, or delete it).

If a portion of you're UI isn't working, post your UIErrors.txt and a zipped copy of your custom UI folder and one of us that are UI devs can take a look.

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:14 pm 
Friend of WoV

Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:43 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Woot ! Thats better than a clean Reinstall. I will give that a try when I get home. Thanks for the help everyone, when you see my little Cleric named Zenonovas in the guild you will know it worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:56 am 
Friend of WoV

This solution also works when you have a char that crashes every time you zone.

Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down. -Unknown