[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - New System

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New System
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:39 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 1288918
Greetings Wayfarers,

I will be purchasing a new machine today to replace my 8 year old system. Hopefully, it won't take long to get back into action, but I won't know until later today. I look forward to seeing you all in the very near future, lag free.

See you all soon,

"Here comes the BOOM!"

Reclusa Loxoceles
Rogue of the 52nd season

Negra Panthera
Beastlord of the 33rd season

Last edited by Vespidae Firesoul on Mon May 11, 2009 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New System
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:53 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
How exciting! I'm considering a new computer also. I'll be eager to see how yours does.

Good luck on getting everything running the way you want it. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:17 am 

Magelo: 0
grats Vesp see ya soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:35 am 
Officer

Grats! I bet it'll run much better.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Wow--8 years? I'd say it was waaaay past time for an upgrade LOL. It's amazing the machine lasted that long...power supplies die, fans poop out, etc. Gratz!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:36 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

i agree with tali on this it does seem to be a little past due for the upgrade... thats is unless you were upgrading components along the way.... Either way grats with the new system

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:21 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Yeah. I was having to upgrade along the way (power supply, video card, additional RAM, etc.), but it just got to the point where upgrading vs. moving on to a completely new system would not be prudent financial move. Hopefully, I will get the new machine today, but it will probably be Tuesday.

See you soon,

"Here comes the BOOM!"

Reclusa Loxoceles
Rogue of the 52nd season

Negra Panthera

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:00 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

d

"Here comes the BOOM!"

Reclusa Loxoceles
Rogue of the 52nd season

Negra Panthera

Last edited by Vespidae Firesoul on Thu May 14, 2009 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:01 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Greetings Friends,

Well, I picked up my new machine yesterday but had to spend all of last night getting it in working order (eg. adding anti-virus software, printer drivers, 8 hours worth of EQ files 8-O ). I am always impressed with just how long it takes to download EQ from scatch (uploading 10 years worth of patches and expansions is quite the task). I am very excited about going on the raid tonight and putting this thing to the test. Hopefully, I will never again have to look at a wall or the floor during a fight to cast my spells. I look forward to seeing all of you in a non-lagging format tonight. What have I missed since last Wednesday?

See you soon,

"Here comes the BOOM!"

Reclusa Loxoceles
Rogue of the 52nd season

Negra Panthera

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:26 am 
Officer

:woot: For years I looked straight down in raids. If I tried to look up at mobs or more then a few people my screen would get jerky and have short lock ups. It's much better now with a new computer. On the down side I cant blame my computer for my lousey gameplay now :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:34 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

What kinda machines do you guys have?

MSI Neo2 865PE
P4 2.6 ghz
1 gig Dual Channel DDR400
Geforce 7600GS 512 meg (think its an overclocked version) AGP 8x

Recently tried to install another 2 gigs of ram, same brand, same quality, same spec....wouldnt go in any way shape or form. Returned it and got a new kit....same thing. I tried it in every configuration, only new ram, 1 stick new with old, dual channel, regular. I couldnt figure it out. I adjusted the voltage a little as well. Still no go.

I'd like to build a new system. Core I7 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:17 pm 
Officer

Black box. Yeah wide by so high. Flashy lights. lots of holes to plug stuff into.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:25 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Hope your computer works now :) Saw posting and noticed I've participated in some thread necromancy. Woops!