[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Vishimtar

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vishimtar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:04 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Dragons are fun, even when they wipe the raid early and often. Here's Vishimtar, the final mob in Tier 5 of the Dragons of Norrath expansion.

We had 13 Wayfs in the raid, which allowed us to put up the guild banner. Thanks to Dorann for this one (stat banners aren't cheap).

Attachments:
vish.gif [125.13 KiB]
Downloaded 433 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:16 am 
Elder

Magelo: 0
I saw that but didn't pay attention as I was running to pound on one of the eggs. Think I died on that one.

Good to see it showing up in more places :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:50 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Is there a way to get ported to the banner, just like a campfire?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:54 am 

Yes, there is! You can buy an item (sliver, shard, something like that) from the little gnome guy that sells the port stones in the guild hall. You give it back to him just like you do a port stone and you wind up at the banner. It's a little less than 200 plat, I think; not cheap but handy if you're trying to get to a raid where there's a banner up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:07 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

I believe it only works to get into static zones, but not instanced ones.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:27 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:58 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Location: You dont wanna know...for that matter...I dont wanna know...

Heligast Dragonkin 77 Necromancer
Magnamund Summersword 56 Enchanter
Illuvian 26 Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 am 

If you're getting that anniversary pack, or whatever that bundled one is, you WILL have that expansion. DoN is about three or four expansions back. There's a lot of solo and group content, so you can get through a decent part of it without having to raid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:46 am 
Guild Leader

Is it just me are does it appear in the screen shot that Adega and I are the only ones hitting Vish and how wrong was I to stay on the mob....to much info to obsorb......so I stayed on the mob....until I saw one of my group members in trouble....I started healing him....then I died :P but in future should I have stayed on the mob or help heal group memeber in trouble? If this is a stupid question please except my apology in advance hehe :lol:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Last edited by Windelyn on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:52 am 

Not a stupid question at all. The directions were given by two different people and they contradicted each other. My understanding (and Legeran's instruction) was that everyone stayed on Vish until an egg spawned, at which time melee would go destroy the egg. Casters were supposed to stay on Vish at all times (and heal anyone who needs it, if priests).

First problem I know of is that the egg spawn was called late, and there was no direction (east, west, etc.) so we lost time getting to it. Pallies can be awesome healers, so in my opinion - especially in a raid like this where having no deaths is so important - anyone who can heal, should.

Please - anyone who has a better understanding of the event jump in and add info or correct me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 am 

Casters should stay on Vish, since spells aren't effective on the eggs.

Melee with blunt weapons must all head to the eggs to destroy them ASAP.

If an egg hatches ... we will wipe.