[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Made it out alive! (Very very long story...)

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:05 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Magelo: 0
*Disclaimer : This is a VERY long story, if you want, just check out the screen shot for the summary!*

My desire to start my epic 1.5 quest is constantly growing as I start to level through the 60s. Based on that, I have started reading about things I need and the strategies involved in getting those items. The second item I came across in the item listing was found in Howling Stones, on the East Side of the zone. To get there, you basically have to have a master key to go through the South door and fight your way to the East Side.

A couple of days prior, right up to before the shawl crawl, I was spending time soloing in Howling Stones, getting items needed for the master key as well as getting fairly decent exp. The mobs were pretty easy to kill, as one nuke and one pet heal pretty much killed one mob.

After the shawl crawl and the exp grind in PoF, I realized I had a little bit more time after I talked to the wifey. I decided to head back to HS. Once there, I found myself in the zone with a fellow mage working on getting the keys also. Him and I met up in the North Section of the zone, and we began talking. He said he was working on getting key'd but had help coming to get the drop him & I were both ultimately wanting. His help consisted of a 1.5 epic'd mage and one 1.5 epic'd cleric -- the cleric possessing the master key.

Shortly thereafter, the duo entered Howling Stones and the friendly mage met back up with them at the zone in. For about 10 seconds I pondered asking them if I could group up with them to fight to the ground spawn location. I then asked, and they agreed to let me tag along. yay!

We immediately entered in the South corridor and began to fight. We breezed through the mobs there and began entering the Eastern corridor. There, we encountered many mobs, including tons of adds, but nothing that really hurt us too bad. Before I knew it, the fellow magician was standing at the table where the drop was.

I then went along with the group, finishing up wiping the Eastern corridor, then they gated out. I sat back at the table, with my pet guarding, wondering what I should do. It was 11:35est and I knew I couldn't make it 2 hrs waiting on a book. After discussing with Nyt, and receiving advice from Dorann (something along the lines of wooden nickles..), I decided to just call it a night. To be honest, I couldn't sleep very well. I kept thinking of whether or not I had made the right move by camping.

This morning, when I woke up (after about 3 hrs of total sleep), my strategy was simple. I had camped right on the table where the book spawned. I had to login, grab the book, and gate without any help from a pet holding back the two mobs that guarded the book. I had conviction, and my self buff that increases AC.

So here goes... I login, waiting very impatiently as the screen art was loading the zone files, tapping my fingers on my mouse and my I key to open my inventory. Before my screen even loaded, I was down to about 90% health. The two mobs HT'd me, and were hitting me in the 180s like I was a gnomish pinata. I grabbed the book, inventoried it, and began pounding my hotkey for gate. After three interrupts, and 5% health remaining, Gate cast! LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... Safe and sound, back in PoK.

I know this was really long to read, but it might have been one of the most exciting times by myself in this game up to this point. I just felt like sharing it with all of you because of the excitement!

...So, who's ready to venture to Akheva with me??? :woot:

Attachments:
EQ000000.jpg [69.71 KiB]
Downloaded 591 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:35 am 
Friend of WoV

gratz on the book and still being alive

~~ Nytassasinz ..LVL 19 Drakkin Rogue ~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:25 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

bah i want to see teh rain of mobs! lol .. gratzon the book whnever you need akheva and im on jstu holer

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:15 pm 

Woot! Grats Pipe. Sounds like fun times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:27 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Either Darhen or Darcasterr will go with you to Akeva Pipe. as a pally thI have found that tjhe mobs near the entrance are easy for Darhen. her undead nukes work wonders 8)and there is a drop from them that Darcaster is needing. for the Vex Thal key

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 pm 
Elder

Grats on the book Pipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:07 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Grats, you brave little mage, you! I'm glad you made it out alive. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:28 pm 
Officer

Yaaay :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:57 pm 
Guild Leader

Gratz pipe :grin:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:46 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

grats and thanks for sharing that exciting exit. Anytime you need a shammy let me know. I am always up for new adventures and places I have never been before.

Windweyen - level 24 Ranger
Musickiller - level 20 Bard
Mordemonk - level 29 Monk
Mordewiz - level 18 Wizard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:34 pm 
Enforcer

Nice Pipe.. good story too, it's been a long time since we have had a good story here on the boards

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:57 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

I agree Nealyn wonder if story telling is a gnome thing. as Drexx used to tell many good ones :lol:

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:21 pm 
Enforcer

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer