[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Plane of Fear, take II

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plane of Fear, take II
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:23 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
We'll try Plane of Fear for Mordorntoo again (and hope the golems will cooperate this time) on Sunday, May 21, at 12:30 central.

Continued from .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:33 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 0
Sounds geat!!!! Here's a write-up of whats left for me to do. According to the write-up below, we may not have to kill fright or terror Golems? Can anyone confirm this in guild? I thought we had to kill one to get child to spawn but not sure after reading this.

Plane of Fear ( Loot and Run ! )

à Kill Iksar Child in Plane of Fear in the little pyramid at LOC ( -630, -360 ). Respawn time is (currently…) 60 seconds and hes level 1 and got about 15HP

Loot : Child`s Tears

City of Mist The Final encounter

à Then bring proof of Childs death to Lord Rak.

He respawns, talk to him. Listen to his troubles...follow the story line till it ends. Then we had to think. He asks about his first test...what is the first test?

Lord Rak`Ashiir looks down at the tear in his hand and says, 'A minion of my god came to me one night. I knew it was of Cazic-Thule as I was frozen in terror. My mind screamed for me to flee but my body would not respond. The being took my daughter and vanished to only he knew where. When I regained control of my body and thoughts, I felt nothing but [betrayal] and I immediately set out to abandon Cazic-Thule.'

(…) Trust, Patience, Wisdom? ….. Missing Info here

Lord Rak`Ashiir stands dumbfounded for many moments before finally speaking again, 'Kirn was right. Before he left my side and that of Torsis he told me I would have the blood of my own people upon my hands. How could I be so foolish? Even my idiot wife could see the truth. How could I begin to fathom the depth of a god's mind and the reasons for his actions? Kirn's prophecy has come to light. You have shown me the truth and now I have no more use for this. Take it away from me, please, and do with it what you will. My father was as much a fool as I have been.

àRecieve a scale

Emerald Jungle Last chapter

à Give the scale to the EJ spirit...

Spirit Sentinel says 'What is this? The scale of Rak'Ashiir's father? Then Rak has repented his mistake? But why is the mantle still in place? If Rak has repented, then the mantle should have dissolved since he was the one who initiated its construction. But is its initiation the key? How could we have been so blind? Kirn said Rak'Ashiir had the blood of his people on his hands but that is false. Rak merely pointed to a path that would lead them to destruction. It was the people who chose to follow

You say, 'What is lost'

Spirit Sentinel says 'The mantle was the product of thousands of faithless individuals. Not the single shroud we believed existed. Torsis is now truly cursed for all eternity as a great stain upon the universe. Today is a sad day, indeed. However, some good can still come of this. Your sacrifice and spiritual devotion in this matter have become legendary. You have waited for us at the bottom of the ocean. You have rubbed out a mighty rogue spirit. You have endured the black hole of Torsis and entered the a bode of Fear itself to save a child from eternal suffering. It is only fitting that we reward you with our greatest treasure, the [Spear of Fate].

You say, 'What of the Spear of Fate'

Spirit Sentinel says 'The spear was constructed millennia ago by Thalger, the first human Heyokah. One of the most destructive wasichu of Norrath, Miragul, as he is known, had been traveling the world searching out all known magic. Wherever he went, he discovered and experimented with all forms of dangerous magic. Most of the world cannot even fathom what the Arch Necromancer was capable of. He had haphazardly discovered a way to directly create a mantle of negative spiritual energy similar to what curses Torsis. He himself had willed into existence one of these [black holes].

You say, 'What of thease Black Holes'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Miragul often retreated to the frigid northlands to experiment in solitude. It was here that he created a black hole. Unfortunately for the small tribes of men who made the northlands their home, this new black hole threatened not only their livelihood but their entire existence. The mantle was so powerful it not only drained the spiritual energy of everything within its gaze, it also drained the life force as well. The tribes were threatened with complete annihilation. But one [powerful shaman] stepped forward and struck against Miragul's mantle.

You say, 'What powerful shaman?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Thalger had been the first to pass our tests and the timing was lucky indeed. We supplied him with materials needed to construct a weapon that could pierce the very fabric of the [cosmos]. First, was the sharpened shoulder blade of an ancient lion matriarch. Then Thalger found a young sapling for the shaft and shaped it over the course of 45 days using nothing but his fingernails. He then split the top of the flexible shaft, lodged the blade into place and bound them together with the tanned entrails of an ox. Finally, he adorned the spear with the magical feathers of a an aviak elder.

You say, 'What of the cosmos?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Miragul's casting was strong but it was a force brought into existence. This force was positive in nature, the opposite of nothingness. Even though it worked like a void, it was still created by an imposition of will. We figured that if we could rupture the planar boundary and create enough anti-existence or non-matter, the mantle might destroy itself. Thalger volunteered immediately to pierce the mantle as no spirits could even get close to it. In one act of devotion and singular purpose, Thalger rode the wind far above the land and with one colossal arch ripped a [breach] across the planes.

You say, 'What of the breach?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'The tear in the fabric of existence created enough negative material to cancel out Miragul's abomination. Thalger's strike was so perfect that he cut just enough planar material to destroy the mantle and nothing else. Unfortunately, Thalger himself was lost in the process. All that was left was the spear that fell from the heavens to the ground where we recovered it. We have kept it since then and now we wish you to have it. When you strike with it, you must have the same singularity of purpose as did Thalger when he defeated Miragul's mantle.

Thank you, Heyokah Golan.

à Receive the Spear of Fate

DMG : 12
STR +10 DEX +10 STA +15 WIS +15
HP: +30 MANA : +30 SV FIRE +10 SV COLD +10 SV DISEASE +10
SV MAGIC +10 SV POISON +10
Effect ( proc ): Curse of the Spirits.
WT : 1.0
Class : SHM
Race : BAR TRL OGR IKS

Windweyen - level 24 Ranger
Musickiller - level 20 Bard
Mordemonk - level 29 Monk
Mordewiz - level 18 Wizard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:48 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:34 am 
Elder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:39 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:28 am 
Elder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:19 am 

UPDATE 4:45 a.m. central, Sunday: Orionpax zoned into Fear to check it before he camped, and there was a group there clearing the zone. He talked to them and they said they would leave the Iksar Broodling up after they killed the golems. I've read that it despawns, but I don't know how soon. The trash mobs will have popped again by the time of the raid, but if we're lucky maybe that iksar kid is still hanging around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:31 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Trash mobs in Fear are 12 hour respawns, so may still be clear.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:52 pm 

There were many repops, and iksar broodling wasn't up :(

We'll try it Wednesday night if that works for Mord. And if we can't do it then, maybe we can take Trak.