[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Nurga free the slave event

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:34 am 

Magelo: 0
Hi,
I need a little help in freeing a slave from Nurga. I was hoping a few people level 50 and higher would be willing to kill goblins for about an hour or so sometime this week. If you would be interested in helping me out and are available for a couple hours any night this week please pm me with when you can help and what character class and level you would like to bring. From what I have read it should be a cakewalk with a balanced group of 4 level 60 characters, but the more the merrier. I have allready secured the items required to begin the event, so we can get to killing and maiming straight away.

The reward for doing this is a bunch of chardok faction, the satisfaction of freeing a dark elf from oppression, (or the confliction of repressing the goblins, depending on your perspective) and the opportunity to complete another fairly simple quest once the slave has been freed to get this belt for priest classes

Thanks in advance,

Bten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:22 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Sounds like fun!

I know this says to PM you, but I thought I'd post anyway. I can bring Alley (level 66 druid) or Cin (level 52 wizard). Tonight I think we're finishing up a quest for Haams in Natimbi, but the rest of the week is clear. I believe Drex's group did this quest once before too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:08 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Here's a complete write-up on the freeing the slaves event:
http://home.comcast.net/~drexxell/eq/nurgaquests.html

We never actually freed a slave, though that was to be part of TGIH04 before that folded.

From what I remember though (unconfirmed by me, but lots of tertiary info on this):
1) Once a slave is freed, it remains freed, even through server resets (unless re-enslaved by SoE)

2) The slave you want to "free" may not be up in Nurga...there may be one (or a limited number) of slaves up, and you may need to free one of them to allow the next one to pop (and get freed), thus necessitating multiple "freeing quests" before getting the one slave you want freed.

3) At last check (a few months ago) almost NONE of the Nurgan slaves were free (possibly due to SoE intervention, since Veeshan is big enough to presume they'd been freed by SOMEBODY after the Nurga revamp of 2003).

Anyway, Drex is VERY interested in joining along, so post a date and time (though LOST is on Wednesday nights, and that constitutes a "religious TV experience" for me).

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Last edited by Drexxell on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:15 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Oh, Bten, one other thing...I presume you've looked, but in case
you haven't, go look and see if that Dark Elf is already free:

Osvima K'Matim (Dark Elf Female)
The Overthere
LOC: 2352, 2508

Drex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:29 am 
Friend of WoV

I would be more than willing to help you out, Bten. Can bring Gedare (cleric) or Yinare (enchanter)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:39 am 

The inky is in Nurga Drex, up and ready for a rescue. That is a great walktrough, thanks for linking it. I think I will go ahead and try to set a date today for later in the week in case others want to pop in and help.

As for LOST, I completely understand. I can't do anything intensive on Mondays when the Stargate SG-1 mini-marathon is on. Who can paybu attention to an adventure timer when Major Carter is prisoner, Daniel Jackson has memory loss, Teal'c is trapped in a video game (we can relate, right?), and Colonel/General/MacGyver O'Neil will fly/jump/port/drop/roll/drive/shoot his way in three minutes to the end and save the day... again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:14 am 

I can attest to the fact that SOE re-enslaved them, as I've been involved in freeing 3 of the slaves way back when. Is a fun event, and fairly easy for a full group of higher levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:36 am 

The slaves are recaptured only when a change occurs involving the zones where they are found. So, with all the patching in the last couple of years to various zones, they've been freed and enslaved numerous times. :(

I'd love to come help free 'em again, just lemme know and I'll do my best to be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:16 pm 

I would like to try this event on Thursday the 9th of December starting at 6:30 pm central time. Meeting place is just inside The Mines of Nurga from FM zonein, or meet at the slave spawn if you wish and allready know the way there. Of course, anyone at all is welcome to attend.

Thanks again in advance,

Bten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:31 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

I'll try to make it, but have a standing promise to the wife to get some Xmas shopping done late that afternoon. Still, I know Nurga well enough and will try to slip in late if I can.

Drex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:59 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:04 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:29 am 

Was a nice enjoyable romp on some goblins. :)
May need to see about those quest rewards from there and Droga again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:23 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Sorry I missed it...I got on around 8:45 to hear Alley say you guys had already stomped the gobbies and finished. Hopefully next time. I have one or two of the turn-ins to begin the freeing part, and a few of the vengence quest parts too (not already claimed by Tali, Thunder, Xanda or me)

Drex