[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Old World Dragon Initiative - Practice Raids in September

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Where should the WoV Dragon Hunters have a practice RAID?
Poll ended at Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:34 am
Plane of Sky (Goal: Keys and epic drops) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Plane of Innovation (Goal: Junkbeast??? 60th level) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Plane of Mischief (Goal: Learn to fight as a team) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Karnor's Castle (Goal: Learn to fight as a team, Venril Sathir???) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Kael Drakkal (Goal: Arena, Practice in "dungeon") 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
Any Kunark Dragon - Severilous in EJ, Gorenaire in DL, etc (Goal: Kill a Dragon) - note, these are 60th level 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dulak's Harbor (Goal: Clear out deepest Luggald room and get diamonds/blue diamonds for resist gear) 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Someplace else (please post) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:34 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
New thread here...please restrict posts to specifically discussing the subject at hand:

Where should the DHers have a practice raid or two?

Please vote and post and discuss. I hope to have us "get used to one another" during at least a pair of raids in September.

I've tried to put a "GOAL" for each location, but that's not set in stone. If you have a different zone in mind altogether, please vote for "Someplace else" and let us know where.

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:06 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I voted for Kael for the combination of practice and the chance to upgrade the gear on some of these characters. I know that most of them are alts and therefore may or may not have the greatest equipment. I know Kael gear isn't that great by today's standards, but it's more than ample for our Leezard Keelers, and some of it is very nice. I also think the arena is something we could handle with relative ease and for that reason alone may be a good starting point.

That said, I think any of these would be fun to try. The revamped Plane of Growth is nothing pretty as many of us will attest to (worst....cr.....ever), but what good is a dwarf warrior if he doesn't have a few bumps on the noggin to show off to the boys in the tavern? :twisted:

Just to ramble on further....it would be very possible for our mains to go in and kill the protectors making it very doable for our DHers. PoG armor is comparable to Kael or Skyshrine armor without all those pesky turn-ins :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:19 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

I liked them all (that's why I put them up there), but voted for Dulak because I know that area very well, it's linear, easy early on, pretty hard at the end, and with a "boss mob" that's 55th level at the end. But I'm prepared to lead you to your doom...I mean in practice...wherever the majority wishes to go :)

On PoGrowth:
I thought the faction hit for our Droods and Ranjas would be too high if they hunted in PoGrowth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:19 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I voted for Kael also. I think it's a great proving ground. The really difficult stuff is easy to avoid so it makes a great place to graduate through different levels of difficulty. I also plan to take Veloquin through ToV eventually so the faction is a bonus.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:22 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:23 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Hmmm....ok. Disregard everything I said about Plane of Growth. When I read your list "Plane of Mischief" stuck in my head as "Plane of Growth" for some reason and.....man, I have to give a presentation today. I'm in trouble :?

runs off to get more coffee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:34 am 

There are lots of benefits to doing Kael. It's not level restricted. It's got some good drops to replace lower level ones. It's got several questy areas to help folks out if they're working on them. Arena mobs are a GOOD practice spot in my opinion. Heh, I may even string along and pull if asked. Not sure how we'd handle , but it's worth a shot (jk! sorta, I still want him dead).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:37 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

it honestly doesnt make much a difference to me at this point as long as i know where to go im fine =P

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:54 am 

Other good things about Kael.. if we are ambitious we can do the Plate Cycle.. an event that is much more likely to drop plate armor parts. There are also 'boss' mobs and 'mini-bosses' we can practice on for big kills comparable to dragons ;)

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:35 am 
Wayfarer Herald

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:30 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:13 am 

i still think 'boss mob' ldon's would be a good choice, especially if raids are open to levels below 65 (im not sure if they are, though)...here's why -

1. goal is attainable in 90 minutes or less (no need for a massive preparatory effort)
2. would solidify each single balanced group as a unit (from personal experience... you almost read your groupmates minds after a while and become a well-oiled machine)...put 4 or 5 units together into a platoon and you really got somethin
3. good chance of picking up much-needed augs
4. 'hard level' ldon boss mobs can be almost as bad as some dragons (ae spells, summoning, quad hitting for absurd amounts of damage, etc)
5. most obvious - adv points!

just my 2cp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:16 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

your just addicted to LDON =P

raids are only open to players above 60 and the raid must maintain and average level 63 to remain in event

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:17 am 

Magelo: 500172
That's a good idea, Livo. I wonder where we would find out what level raids one can do in an LDoN?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:22 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

I didn't know you could multi-group (i.e. RAID) in a LDoN...

Then again, since I've never done a single adventure ever, I may be pretty poor at leading such a raid.