[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Old World Dragon Initiative

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Are you willing to designate one of your characters as a Dragon Hunter for "autumn 2004" Nagafen and Vox raids?
Poll ended at Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Yes 95%  95%  [ 21 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 22
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:37 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Who wants to be in that exclusive group of EQ players that can say they took down both Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen?

I'd like to survey the guild and see who has a character (prime or alt) that would like to participate in this venture. This will mean a commitment to raising a character into the 45-52 level range and leaving them in that range until the hunts are called. With AA points, the option of "freezing" a character at 52 is all the more possible, by the way.

Here is my plan, open to fudging as information pours in from you all:

1) Get a commitment from no less than 15, preferably more like 20-25 people to specifically train a "dragon hunter". That is a character that they will raise up to the 45-52 range, will NOT let get past level 52 until after both raids are complete, *and* will properly equip such a character (see for ideas on the "resist gear" you'll need to have.)

2) Pick a month as a target for us all to have our characters "trained and equipped" to begin monitoring the ups and downs of our 2 foes. For right now, that month is OCTOBER 2004. That's 4 months from now. If commitments are slim, this may certainly be pushed back as needed.

3) Once we're in "monitoring mode", and with the foes on 7 day pop schedules, it'll mean possibly weeks of on-again, off-again attempts to get everyone to the hunt to kill these dragons. We won't stop until both are dead.

All of this would, obviously, be meshed into your regular EQ play and shouldn't be the prime focus for anyone, but it would mean that you'd consider attending a hunt within short notice (1 to 7 days, depending on how good we monitor their cycles)...I know that some folks can go from level 1 to 45 in a month with the right motivation, some of us take 3 years to do so. I, for one, will be doing this with my MAIN (Drexxell), but knowing that so many guildies' mains are 53+, this will be a real nice chance to flex some alt-muscle.

Please post any input and information. For now, vote and let us know if you'd like to make the commitment to designating one of your characters a "dragon hunter".

Please POST after you vote with the name, class, current level, and expected October 2004 level of your Dragon Hunter.

Also if, like me, you know guildies (or heck, even non-guildies if they want to join this commitment) who do NOT check this board regularly, let me know so we can keep an accurate tally.

Drexxell
P.S. I am tracking those who have made the commitment on my own web page. Direct link

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Last edited by Drexxell on Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:47 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I'll do my best to get Cintarra dragon-ready by then.

She's a hair away from 42 so this should be doable.

Cintarra is a high elf wizard. It's impossible to estimate her level by then, so I'll just say I'm sure she will be in the accepted range.

Last edited by Allegretta on Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:58 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

i will go ahead and work to level the beautiful ol bitty :grin:

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:00 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Myth, would you be good enough to be more specific? Name, class, level and prospective level? I don't know the "ol bitty" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:48 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Veloquin 'Dragon Hunter' Ashheart, DE Shadowknight at your service. By October `04 I expect to be 52 with a dozen or so AA and wielder of Greenmist.

This is a fantastic goal in my opinion. An excellent way to hone the guild's organizational skills. I will assist in any way possible.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:05 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I plan on starting to play again and this seems like the kind of thing to get me interested. I currently have a 42 Shaman an d believe that I can be 52 by October, but no promise on AAs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:24 am 

Hmm, I'll need to see who I can get even close to that range. I'd dearly love to pay a visit to ol Vox, we owe her. Of course, Tan is 58 and my next highest is 17 ... I'll see what I can do to get someone into range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:57 am 

I have a 45 monk, should suffice with this amount of notice for your intent. I will make an attempt in the next week or so to get her guilded and slap a few levels on her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:58 am 
Officer

I have a 47 mage and a 43 war. Can easily have mage ready, but war would be harder to do. Not sure if low 50 mage spells do much to Dragons, but their pets can help :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:13 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

OL'BITTY IS MY ALT MAGE SHES IN HER TWENTIES SOMEWHERE AND IF I FOCUS ON HER ENOUGH I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET HER UP THERE IN A COUPLE WEEKS

edit -- sorry about caps i work in a CAPITAL letter envrionment =P -- myth

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:24 am 

neat idea...im glad its one we can all get behind

Livo has been 52 for well over a year now and always will be...he's in DIRE need of MR, though...seems like every time hes faced anything big, he spends 90% of his time running or frozen in fear

Fluffee (supernecro and fashion guru) is in his high 40s now (46 or 47, i think)

(edit- my suggestion for dragon training...lots of boss mob hunts in ldons...might even pick up an MR aug or two)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:36 am 
Wayfarer Herald

There is no chance of bringing Rhennium (56 shaman) or Darcasterr (62 mage) BUT I have Sulizy (46 monk) and several lower level alts, one or more of which should be able to participate by October [Darkrezz 36 cleric, Rheniumm 31 rogue, Rhennim 30 paladin, etc].

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:40 am 
Friend of WoV

I can have jade (31 DE Cleric rdy by Oct) to help bring down the dwagons.

~~ Nytassasinz ..LVL 19 Drakkin Rogue ~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:26 am 
Elder

Deluein is 44 now and should be ready by that time. Minardil is 50 and I can get him resist gear from Mal when needed.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:32 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

What a remarkable response in just a few hours! Here's the list, as I have it...please note that I don't know many of your alts, though you assumed I did, and thus there are ?????'s and such throughout this list.

Drex

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next