[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Epi's Epic - Second Orb

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Epi's Epic - Second Orb
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:04 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I thought I'd never feel cool again.

After learning how to swim and staying under water so long hunting down Lord Burgurgle (that's the only name I can use for him in polite company) that my shriveled skin looked like a topographic map of the ridges and valleys of Kunark, I looked forward to a battle with a fire elemental. I figured if I got close enough I'd be able to dry out my armor. My plan would have worked if the Wayfarers had not been so efficient in dispatching Ixiblat Fir. They had him down before I was able to run back after turning in my note. By the time I got there, he was barely warm enought to heat up my Halas meat pie. Oh well, I'd heard that my next foe, Lord Gimblox, lived in a place that was warm, so I packed some suntan lotion and shades and headed over to Solusek.

To say it was warm would be like saying that gnomes are only slightly vertically challenged. After 9 hours of sweating, and waiting, and fighting, and sweating, and waiting, and fighting I was beginning to remember my times in Lake Rathetear with blissful fondness. To make matters worse, some bard lost in a distant corridor kept singing a song that kept echoing off the fire charred walls, "It's getting hot in here, so ..." (As a man of the cloth, I cannot condone such actions.) Nevertheless, I was determined to obtain the ring that Omat sent me to find, so I maintained my vigil. Finally, my patience running thin and my mind caught in an endless do-loop humming that disgusting tune, the Fire Goblin lord appeared.

While my capacity for melee will never be confused with a warrior's, or even a ranger's, I have learned a few tricks. When those failed, I just nuked the heck out of him. I respectfully removed the ring from his finger, a hand surgeon always treats every hand reverently, and gated back to the cool air of the Plane of Knowledge with a valuable trinket and a nifty tan.

Now that I've applied sufficient aloe to my erythematous extremities, I need the help of the Wayfarers of Veeshan again. There is a king in Chardok that has been duplicitous and needs a lesson in ethics. I know that the brotherhood has been successful in disciplining him in the past, so I will implore their sense of justice to repeat their feat of chastisement.

I would like to schedule an audience with the Overking on Saturday, November 14, at 11:00 am CST. I know this is extremely short notice, not be a convenient time, and may not be feasible. If I need to reschedule it, please let me know. In the meantime, I will rest and recuperate kneading dough and making picnics.

I wonder if someone could tinker up some cooling device to put inside these robes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:12 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I won't be able to attend this saturday :( As for the device, I'll get to work on it as soon as I finish my rework of the Shield of Pun Warding. It's effectiveness seems to have dwindled as Attrael's puns have grown increasingly nasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:15 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Do you mean Saturday the 15th, Epi? Probably the first thing to ascertain is whether there is a mage with good faction to CoH us down. Without that, it would take very much more preparation and a much larger force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:37 pm 
Banned

What?!?! I'll have you know that each of my puns are 'pun'fully picked and 'pun'stakingly formed with the utmost of care. They are brilliant! And besides, I've not been around the past two days so you got a two day 'pun'cation. But now that I know you are trying to develop a defense against my puns, I will be forced to attack this eve with my powerful 'pun'ishing pally puns of perfect player pulverization! Although, being a gnome I could probably just get away with 'pun'ting you into the ocean. Muahahaha!!!

8)

- Att

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:31 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Magelo: 0
Would love to be able to help out but will not be home from work until about 5:30 CST on Saturday.

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:53 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

I'd like to help too, but tomorrow is my 1st chance to sleep in in a week, as well as my last chance for another week. If a mage is present then I should be able to join in progress.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:29 pm 
Officer

Work on saturdays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:10 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I had my people call his people, but his courtiers wouldn't even give us the time of day 8-O . So I wandered on over to see if I'd have a better chance to speak with the Overking if I was physically present. Apparently, I'm not welcome there (I thought those episodes in the Overthere were long behind me, but I guess sarnaks hold grudges for long periods of time :oops: ). The doormen were quite rude to me and beat me about the head and body :x . Mentioning that I was friends with such luminaries as Allegretta, Vasilia, Irodanis, Tanliel, Attrael, etc. only seemed to make things worse.

Frankly, I'm at a loss :? . I'm not going to be able to see the king on Saturday as I had hoped. Undaunted, I will try to find some time on His Uppityness's calendar to place my petition before him. (I hear he likes pets :idea: ; I wonder if Malbro will let me bring Tony to meet the Overking?) Until then, I will return to my practice and heal those who are bleeding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:35 am 

The Overking is unforgivably rude. I hope we'll be able to pay him a visit soon to confront him about his discourtesy. (But really, Epi, you shouldn't have mentioned Attrael's name. That didn't help matters.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:20 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:49 pm 
Friend of WoV

I was first think I can't make it to this, but I can be there about 4 central time on Sat. I hope this still be happening then. It be really nice if I be get this peice. This and 3 more shards and be easy for me after. So I make plan for this weekend to be there. Thank you Epi for speaking to king for me to see him. :p I hope I be see you there and maybe reserve one of the drops for me. Good luck til I be there.

Bohyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:49 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:20 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:42 am 
Banned

Post subject: