[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Gulf of Gunthak & Dulak Harbor - 35+

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:55 pm 

Magelo: 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:11 pm 
Elder

Post subject: im in
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:55 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

"Never Give Up"

What happens if I take both the red and the blue pill at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:14 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

Post subject: meow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:40 pm 
hmmm ill most likely be 35 by then but ill see i havent got loy yet trying to get my mom to by it we downloaded it last week but she still needs to by it so ill update you tomorrow

:( i hope i can go but that mean i need to play all day tomorrow cuz im a half a yellow from 34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:05 pm 

Goldee it's posted as 35+ because that's the level range that LoY is targetted for. I've only done some very minor exploring on the beach in Gunthak, and the mobs were blue to me at 43 ... if there's a group of mid 30's low 40's, the beach would be good XP I think.

Anyone mid-40's to 50's I think could go quite a ways in. I understand that there is a "fort" in the zone and would be a good place to start.

There is a map quest with parts that drop in Gunthak and Dulak, it's an East Freeport started quest. Gives map to Gunthak and Dulak??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:24 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I would love to do this, but I have a business meeting that night and I won't be able to make it. :( I look forward to hearing that you guys did great tho :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:04 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Sounds like fun, I will be there!!!
:spot:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:27 pm 
Elder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:49 am 
Friend of WoV

Foerster the Druid
Craakk the Beastlord

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:32 am 

Magelo: 500172
Hope the expedition was a success. Sorry I had to bail at the last minute - RL interfered.

Post subject: Post-Hunt Summary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:44 am 

Well, it was an interesting trip into the Gulf of Gunthak.
We had a very large assemblage of people, more than I expected, and I thank you guys for coming! We started out with 3 not full groups and moved to the beach area, where we flailed about a bit, killing pretty much anything that moved, hoping to get some Nifilik drops for Peri. That didn't happen fast enough and the natives were getting restless, so we moved to the first Fort.

At the first fort, we assembled into Raid formation and the high level groups started decimating everything ... there were bodies everywhere, trolls, erudites, humans, even some gnome pirates. We cleared the fort completely, including who dropped for us the . Grats to Shogi on getting this item.

After clearing the fort, it was decided that we would move on to more challenging grounds, the Crypt of Nadox. Once we got everyone over there, we re-arranged groups and ended up with 2 full groups. Several of us bowed out at this point and the 2 groups continued on into Nadox.

Other items that dropped (and in quantity)
Coordinate Label (For Gulf of Gunthak Map quest - No Drop) at the fort
Pirate Seal (No Drop quest item) at the fort
Flicker of Lava / Sea (for Mage spell quest?) from Luggalds at the fort

Anyone want to fill in on the Nadox portion? I'm eager to hear how it went.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:23 am 

At Nadox bridge we all assembled and nobody was leading at this point since Tanliel bowed out. I started pulling just to aleviate the boredom and because nobody was making a decision and we cleared the area in front of the bridge and then started clearing one of the big side rooms when we got a very nice caster shoulder drop. Now somebody really had to lead so I finally took over. Billette and Snowcap both got nice new spaulders and I chain pulled for the next couple of hours killing the miners there. We also got three nice Hate Candle something.. held item.. nice.. Kuvili and Dominar got one I think and Billette is holding one I believe.

We then crossed the bridge to the middle door to attempt to get a drop for Snowcap. For a spell quest I believe. We needed a heart? off the mobs there. After a while of chain pulls and MANY adds we finally got one at the same instant Snowcap went LD. There was another wizard that had joined us Froggzilla? something like that, that had joined us while we were there. He looted the heart and we immediately had another one drop. Snowcap made it back in time and looted that one.

At this time people needed to log so we backed our way out accross the bridge and it was decided we'd all port out to PoK. Kuvili was our looter for the night and did Very well, I had assigned Shogi to loot distribution decisions because I was pulling, all went smooth and we did a very good job. It was lots of fun! Someone dinged 48.. was it Kuvili? and I Pinged my 9th AA point woot!

We will be going back there I'm sure.

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject: Nadox part of the hunt
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:12 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Weeeee I get to be the first one to talk about the Nadox part of the raid. We zoned in and decided to use the raid feature, turned out we had 2 groups of 6 that worked well together. Think our average level there was 55. It was awesome to see so many high level Wayfarers turn out and I was happy to explore this new zone with fellow members of the guild. We got organized fairly quickly and preceeded to make the swim through the lava to get to a bridge area that wasn't that far away. Poor Snowcap found out quickly that lava is hot and unfortununatly got burned to a crisp. After a quick rez we proceeded to teach the mobs that were around the bridge that way farers can kick some tail. Iro was there pulling mob after mob for us to lay waste to. The poor trolls never saw it coming. We had I belive 3 and 2 or 3 . There was also a nasty version of Porky Pig there which we also layed waste to. We then decided to cross the bridge and try to get Snowcap a no drop pice for a spell quest. The pulling there was insane as you could not pull just one at time it was more like 3-4 at once. Iro did a fantastic job of managing the situatin for us and we proceeded killing these critters till we got the heart that Snow needed for her quest. Unfortunatly for the Luggald's Snow went ld when we got a heart to drop so they had to die a little longer. We then had Nytrix check out a door that was located in the room we were pulling from (didn't know the little buggers could see him when he opened the door). WOW did things get exciting then, we had I believe 6 or 7 of these nasties upon us. It was certainly looking like a corpse run to me, but we all pulled together a made it though a very challanging situation. Iro kept as many mezzed as possible, and we killed them as quickly as we could. were fortunate to have a shammy there who could slow the bugger down and deal with the abuse the dished out when the slows upset them. I myself was getting the whooping put on me while the druids fought to keep me alive( thanks much ) . Sal and company put the Baddies down and after 4 hours of ecitement and killing we decided to call it a night. I belive a fun time was had by all and we are looking forward to another trip in there so see what more we can find out about these new zones. Sorry I don't know how to put the item links into my post here , maybe someone else would be able to do that.

added links for ye - Tan