[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - /Hail WoV, You are Invited to Join our Alliance!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:28 pm 
Hello all WoV Members!

I am Chad, from Reformed Masters of Veeshan!

I want to formally invite your Guild into our Alliance of Guilds.

Currently, we consist of:

Reformed Masters of Veeshan (120 or So Players, Levels 30-60)
www.geocities.com/moveeshan/

Legacy of Twilight (40+ Players, Levels 50-60)
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp?Gu ... TabID=9976

Unshakable Kingdom (200+ Players, Levels 10-58 )
unshake.breathingwater.com/

As of Right Now, Most of Our Prominent Players are in our Low-Mid 50's....We anticipate by the end of the Year, many of these Players reaching the High End of the EQ game. We have 50 or so players to draw from right now that are levels 50+, With WoV as part of the Alliance, the number is much, much higher.....With this kind of a presence, This Alliance Could Give the "Uber" Guilds a run for their money!

Let us know what you think, send me a tell in game to chadopro or send me an email to chadopro@aol.com.

Either way, we have enjoyed hunting with you guys in the past and look forward to hunting with you down the road!

Chad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:50 pm 
Nice to hear from you Chad. This is a very interesting Aliance. I look forward to talking to you all more and seeing what the other memebrs have to say about it. Please feel free to invite other members of your guild and the other memebr guild to come by our site and register and join in on the conversation. I think the more we get to know your other memebrs the better. Please register on our site so we can also tlak to you via private messages as well as posts on this site. I will setup a memebrship group that the current members of the Alliance3.

Post subject: Hmmmm
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:58 pm 
I know a person or two from UK /evil grin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:49 pm 
In Memoriam

i suggest u set up nothing until the elders tell u to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:36 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Hello Chad, good to see this post. We have discussed it some and it poses some interesting Possibilities.

Looks like you've checked us out some, but to reiterate we do not have a level restriction in our guild. We try to invite people that fit in with the family we have created of our guild. We do have several people over lvl 50, but we think all of our members are just as important as the upper level members. Meaning any alliance we make will benefit all level ranges. Looks like that is indeed possible looking over the level ranges of the guilds in this alliance.

A question or two that will come up.. must come up for any decisions to be made. ... How is loot handled in this alliance, how is the event scheduling handled, and do you schedule events for the Lower level members as well?

Look forward to your input :)

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:00 am 
To answer a few of your qustions from above,

Reformed Masters of Veeshan has a level 20 restriction for New Main Characters that enter the guild. We do have many players in the mid-level range (20-40).

Unshakable Kingdom is a very large guild without level restrictions, with most of their players in the mid-level range (200+ Players).

Legacy of Twilight is a smaller guild, levels 50+ but getting bigger.

Both RMoV and UK Host Raids regularly for our lower and mid-level ranges (ie Kaesora, Mistmoore, etc.)

Standard Looting Methods apply to Alliance Functions....Any member may call for a raid to target a specific item ...This raid host will have the first shot at the item if Epic Related, Others will have a shot at similar items by order of signup. Otherwise, the typical "Need Before Greed" moto applies. In our recent Plane of Air Raid, A pally only haste item dropped of of Island 1 Boss, All Paladins present were able to roll for the item. Loot is usually distributed to participants at the end of the raid in a safe Post-Raid location. Group Master Looters, pool their resources at the End of Said Raid & Distribute Accordingly. We compensate clerics, necros and wizards for all item costs incurred as Raid Costs.

Scheduling of Events Happens as follows: An Alliance member steps forward to host a Raid to a Location, with a goal in mind. After determining the resources needed, this member posts a notice on the Each Guild's Messageboard with information pertaining to said raid, and a link to a sign up location.
(An Alliance Messageboard is in the Works)

eg) Sarama from RMoV needs the Overking drop from Chardok for her cleric epic, She posts on all 4 messageboards, the notice of the raid and a link to the signup. Sarama will be entitled to the initial drop from the overking, Subsequent (wow, big word) Drops will go to the cleric who has signed up for the raid and also requested the epic item.

Like you, we also value our guild as a family, and we attempt to help and cater to all that are members. We see Alliance members as part of our extended family, and these Alliance members receive the same rights, courtesies and priviledges as any Regular guild member, in a group situation, raid situation or otherwise.

I hope this answers some of your questions...but alas, my fingers are now tired from typing my longest messageboard post to date.... :wink:

Chadopro Newfather

RMoV Officer & Upcoming Messageboard Author

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:20 am 
Friend of WoV

I have a question for ya Chad....what are the rules for conduct during these raids? i.e. language and sexual inuindos (sp)? As a family oriented guild we do not allow any garbage or potty mouthing in guild speak mainly due to the impressionable young people we have playing with us on a daily basis. In addition to that question, I guess another would be, what are the guild(s) values?...Do they cater to the older or younger mindset?

Post subject: Family Matters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:39 am 
All 3 Guilds Have Officers & are Run by Adults...However, Both RMoV and UK attempt to maintain a Family Welcome Atmosphere. We also have youngsters in our midst and Guild Chat for the most-part is held to a PG Rating. When chat gets a little mature for our younger members, Officers tend to influence those who need influencing.... :) LoT is more of an Adult Guild, But I have never seen a moment arise where language has been inappropriate...They are good people...

As for Raid Chat and Alliance Events, this would not be an issue as our troops tend to be on best behavior in these settings....(The only exception being when the efreetis nuke our entire raid party for the 3rd time in the Plane of Air, /hail /say /AOE /Dead)

Chadopro

%!#-#$#! Reformed !%$%$ Masters of $%#@ Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:11 pm 
Enforcer

At least they are honest about being human (elf dwarf... fill in the blank)

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject: Interesting.....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:07 pm 
Interesting..... Havent yet hit 50, but when I do start levling Kelno agian..will prolly make 50 in short order (consider I went from 24-43 in less than a month). This alliance seems it would be of great potential, and allow everyone a chance at their epic (for those who have a extremly rare drop, or something that would normally take a 'uber guild' to get)..now I must say I'm not completly without ulterior motives...(/em is dreading trying to get to the 7th island in sky for his crown when it comes epic time)

(Sig correction Level 43 mage)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:05 am 
*LOL*

I've got a char in the Honorable Knights and Unshake as well =-D I can verify for certain that language is definately not a problem in UK =-P We recently had a purge, anyone who tended to swear or go for "sexual Innuendo's" in guild chat are gone no questions asked. lol Warned like three times, then ditched... I'm still here tho =-D But I'm not really a problem I spose since I don't swear often, and I've sworn of relationships with online people.. might work for some but doesn't make sense for me lol =-P Anyway, I'm rambling, the point was I can verify UK's at worst a pg 13 guild hehe =-D

34 Ranger Shaminohimself
27 Bard Ooli
24 Warrior Beltien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:11 am 
In Memoriam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:21 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:40 am 
Hello Wayfarers

I am sure by now you have all heard of the collapse and disbanding of UK (Unshakeable Kingdom) Moonwynd and myself along with the other officers have formed our own guild and invited back most of uk members. We have changed our polices somewhat and raised the lvl limit for recruiting to 40+ our new website is http://sanctus.breathingwater.com so any questions etc please send me a PM, email or tell in game. Also at this time our members voted against a merger with RMoV and LoT they feel it is too soon after our guild collapse and need the security of people they know who are family and RMoV and LoT has been so understanding and supportive in our time of need.

Alyka Wildfyre
Guild Leader
Sanctus Aemilius (latin for family sanctuary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:56 pm 
Hello Chad and All,

Well my input is that I was an officer in LoT and I personally know many peeps in all the guilds mentiond above. They all have basically the same values WoV does and all the people in these Guilds are for the most part adults and all want the same things from the game. I have done several Huge raids with them and never any problem with the looting or the way it was run. I found the Raids to be organized and ran well. Also I like to think that I personally had some to do with Alliance 3 comin together way back when. All the leads are wonderful to work with and we always had a great time. Yall have a Great Day, see ya in the game and hope to hunt with yall again soon. :spot: