[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Thanks to Puzzle and Dustring!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Many thanks to Puzzle and Dustring for helping me with a ton of the Emerald Jungle / City of Mist
portions of Druul's Shaman epic last night! (and apologies for going LD...whole 'puter
froze just as we were going to do the next steps).

Just a few more steps and Druul will hold the 1.0.....

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:38 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Grats, Drex!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 pm 
Elder

Grats Drexx :woot:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:12 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Good for you, Drex - Arb should do that too actually.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:23 pm 
Officer

Grats!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:56 am 
Officer

grats drex and good luck on getting the fear golem down or even getting someone to let you know when the iksar child is up(i ended up camping chak there until i caught a golem up killed it with chak then brought wore in to kill the child)(gotta love impentrable disc DT what DT i didnt feel any DT)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:38 am 
Guild Leader

:woot: and :grats: Drexx

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:28 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

My next step is to enter The Hole and take down High Scale Kirn.

Talinoth and I went into The Hole the other night and, with the uselessness of colors chosen in the EQmapfiend map, couldn't
use it. So I turned to EQAtlas, but found that the map of the Hole there was VERY confusing.

So I asked in general chat if anyone knew how to get into the undead tower. What an amazing mishmash of answers! none
of which helped :(

So....I'm asking for a little bit of help here from anyone who has been in the undead tower of The Hole...

Attached is a map that I *think* is the right way. At first, Talinoth and I took the red line, but then veered
off on the purple line, thinking to jump down into the tower...no luck.

Later, I took Drex in alone and followed the red line the whole way to where I've drawn it. I believe that this
is the right path, and that the green line (which I haven't traveled yet) will take me to the undead tower, but the
lack of clarity at the black circle on the map makes me unsure.

Anyone want to confirm this?

Thanks,

Drex

Attachments:
The Hole - path to undead tower.jpg
The Hole - path to undead tower.jpg [ 99.43 KiB | Viewed 2039 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:04 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I unfortunately cannot confirm, as I have usually gone by landmarks while in the zone and had placed High Scale Kirn south of your path rather than north.

What I can offer though if it would aid you is a Call of the Hero, as I can with half an hour's notice run my Mage to High Scale Kirn and pull whoever you want to the spot. He is just up two floors from where I was last week while assisting a young Enchanter in accessing the Ghost of Kindle.

My sense of direction is not great however, which is why I need the half hour. I require fifteen minutes to get there and fifteen minutes to get completely lost (I guess I should add a ten minute buffer on top of that to find myself after I get completely lost, so forty minutes required).

The map, like quite a few others in the game, is difficult to work with, since a two dimensional map of a three dimensional zone makes for confusing mapping.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 am 
Officer

actually drex kirn isnt undead and he is in the tower at the very south end of the zone i guess that is why you didnt understand the other night cause you were sure he was in one place but he actually wasnt

i tried to insert a updated map showing correct path but it wouldnt loadif someone could help load it if it shows up anywhere

Last edited by chakshiax on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:41 am 

Did you have a target day/time to make this trip into the hole?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

So he's in the SOUTH of the zone now? Crap....

Ok, so that shoots a hole in my big plan, but glad to know it now.

The date/time is TONIGHT...Talinoth and I are going to the hole at 8:00pm eastern. I'll do some homework
on the Kirn LOC based on posts and see which building to shoot for...

Anyone who wants to join is very welcome.

Drex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:07 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Ok, looks like I need to take the redline most of the way,
but veer off on the newly drawn ORANGE line, and find
Kirn at the green star. At least that seems to
be right, based on LOC postings, and my reading of
the EQatlas map on how to get to that LOC.

Gonna try tonight, if anyone wants to come. 8pm eastern.

Druul

Attachments:
The Hole - path to kirn.jpg
The Hole - path to kirn.jpg [ 99.76 KiB | Viewed 2024 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 am 
Elder

Look right, I've been in there before. I can bring Deka.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:17 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Tali and I found the room last night, but no High Scale Kirn. He has a 4 hour
spawn timer, so I guess we had the wrong timing. We are camped in the room
so hopefully just a few check-backs and we'll get him.