[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - weapon choice question

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: weapon choice question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 am 
Officer

ok i am kinda torn right now between 2 weapons for my primary hand dire cestii 39 1corruption/18delay lots of other stats and the fabled earthen fist 40/20delay not so many stats but procs pets which are major boost to DPS (when they proc) the reason im torn on this is while the DPS is awesome on fabled its a bit spotchy(sometimes ill have 4 pets at once sometimes no pets the whole fight)while dire cestii would have better sustained DPS fight after fight. i know there isnt really a right answer to this but id like to hear everyones opinion thank ahead of time

PS hey tan could you add links to the 2 weapons i dont know how to do that thanks if you can

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172

and

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am 
Officer

thanks alley unless tan suddenly transformed but where is your opinion on my question?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
You surely don't want a caster's opinion on melee weaponry!

And you're welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:50 am 
Officer

like i said there are no wrong answers just trying to find out EVERYONES opinion so yes that includes caster types

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

It's really a wash, and nothing to stress too much over. Even if you parsed a difference, it wouldn't be significant, so generally choose which ever weapon you prefer most.

If in a raid group with shammy/bard, use the dire cestii, because most of their enhancements aren't related to procs (if I remember correctly)... so you will get slightly more dps boost from the cestii.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:17 pm 
Elder

Magelo: 0
I would go with the cesti in a group situation and, where necessary, the pet proc weapon while soloing.

The pets are a nice addition to dps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm 

I'm more in favor of the Dire Cestii. The Fabled can be useful as pets can be valuable in the right situation.
I tend to swap in my Fabled when I need to proc a pet, but then I bandolier right back to my heavy hitters as soon as a pet or two proc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Which ever one looks cooler.

I may not be tough, but damnit I can get good and mad!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Dire Cestii.

The pet weapon has the chance of the pets missing. This hurts its over all contention as a weapon to be used if you want burst damage. I wouldn't rely on weapon procs for higher damage. Especially if fights are usually short.

If you're fighting stuff that takes >90 seconds to kill, then I'd switch to the pet weapon.

I'd rather run parses to figure out what is really the best choice.

The proc on the Dire Cestii has a -150 resist check, this is highly favorable versus a pet that has the potential to miss or not hit as hard as it could.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:51 pm 

The Fabled Fist **Should** Out perform the Dire Cestii, When i was using mine, my pets were parsing about 125-175 The thing is, Pets have HP So are subject to die due to Enrage, Rampage, Riposte and AE's. which is why I replaced my pet weapon. To know which will actually **BE** Better you would have to parse it, Ratio wise the Dire Cestii beats the Fabled with a 2.22 ratio to a 2, but thats not a huge amount. I don't think it's enough to offset how much you'll get from pets.(It's what I use when I steal Gitrick)

If this ever becomes an offhand conversation, the proc is moot. the proc rate on your offhand is nearly 1/4 less then your primary. I think it was 17% to 5%

For Raids, I don't remember MMM having (M)any concerntable(TM) AE's, theres a ton in Crystallos tho.

If they do parse to close to call, or you don't like pets dying, Dire does have 200 more HP =P.

/G Dire Feran Mindrender in 68s Razox`s pet 8k @160dps

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

It makes me ill to do so, but I'm going to agree with Razox (and the good folks at monkly-business.net).

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/s ... stcount=31

If you look at setup #1 and setup #3, you'll see that fabled fists/cestii comes out almost 100 dps more than cestii/fabled fists. Of course this is going to depend on what buffs you have and if you put a damage aug in the fabled fists instead of the CS4 proc the parser is using. But the bottom line is fabled fists/cestii is the way to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:00 pm 

/opinion/
That's a horrible setup for parsing!
Please notice that they're not parsing for the same amounts of time on ANY of those.

Of course the pets are going to contribute a substantial amount of damage when you go from 9806 seconds to 24443 seconds ... yeah, more than twice as long.
Other than that, it's pretty much a wash.
/opinion/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:36 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Why does it matter that the lengths of the parses is different? If they were the same length the total damage done would be closer, but the DPS wouldn't really change. And DPS is usually what's looked at when considering which weapon set up is optimal.

In set up 1 the pets do 296 dps and in set up 3 they do 144 dps, this isn't out of the question since offhand procs approximately 1/2 as much.