[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - For all you necromancers out there

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:04 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Location: You dont wanna know...for that matter...I dont wanna know...
Magelo: 0
I found this on a website, and I kick myself in the pants for not finding before i started my AA binge, but I strongly recommend following this list when developing your characters using AA's. I am as of now, going back and filling in the ones i didnt spend them on. Happy Hunting!

** Current thru SoD**

Ok I’ve made this as a check list for new and old Necromancers. If you ever wanted to know what AAs you “should” have or in what order to take them, consult this list. This is written from the perspective of taking a level one and pushing him up to 80 with 90%real/10%AA or maybe 80/20. Careful spending can get you very far in this class as we have very few “must haves”. Due to length I’m not listing the full details of each AA. Following this list you should have all the prerequisites needed to get the next one on the list as well as the appropriate level.

[__]First purchase up to Rank4 Innate Run Speed
[__]Next get rank 1 of Mnemonic Retention
[__]Next get rank 1 of Spell Casting Mastery
[__]Get Rank 1 of this next Death Peace
Now you should be at 18AAs
Go back to
[__]Spell Casting Mastery and get ranks 2 and 3
You should now be at 28AAs.
Now lets pick up some Damage
Max this AA line out
[__]Critical Affliction
You should be at 64 AAs spent now. Are you lvl 70 yet?
If so go get this:
[__]Encroaching Darkness
Then max:
[__]Gift of Mana
At this point you should have 91 AAs spent.
You should be above level 70 at this point so work this next.
[__]Gift of Radiant Mana
At 94 AAs spent its time to boost damage again.
Max this
[__]Affliction Mastery
At this point you should have 121 AAs spent.
And time for more damage boosting abilities! Max this
[__]Blood Tithe
Should be at 157 AAs and at least 75th level now.
[__]Go back and pick up rank 2 of Mnemonic Retention
[__]Then snag rank 2 of Death Peace
At 163 AAs now hit
[__]Gift of Exquisite Radiant Mana
At this point you should be at 178 AAs and at least 76th level preferably 80th
You guess’d it,…Time for more damage! Max this:
[__]Destructive Cascade *come back to this once you hit 81 and finish maxing*
Then Max this:
[__]Greater Blood Tithe
Now at 242 AAs Believe it or not you’ve maxed out your damage potential on your Dots so its on to some other stuff. At this point I’d suggest adding some survivability especially for raids.
Its hard to argue with this next AA so get it max’d
[__] Natural Durability
Often on raids and sometimes in groups we run low or out of mana believe it or not. Most often with mobs that DoT Drain our mana. A cool trick we get helps out a ton and I suggest getting it next.
[__]Blood Magic
Here you should have 266 AAs
At this point I’d suggest a very useful AA that helps survivability on raids and in groups.
[__]Willful Death

Look at you with 316 AAs It is time to make a choice. Are you going to tap tank or use your pet. This is mostly a personal preference and some folks head down both paths at the same time but largely from here on out you either increase your pet dps or you increase your survivability in a fight while also boosting your life tap nuke damage. I’ll let you decide but lets Assume you want to head down both. I’ll highlight which of the lines should be best to take and assume the Rank 1 of each AA is more potent then others so often folks just grab rank 1 of the entire path then go back and fill in.

At level 85 we obtain access to a very powerful AA refered to as Spire. There is a prereq that is required. This AA is a "must have" and it has Teirs that apply to both solo and pet use.

[__]Fundament of Intellect - needed to get the Spires -
[__]Fundament: First Spire of Necromancy
[__]Fundament: Second Spire of Necromancy
[__]Fundament: Third Spire of Necromancy

These AAs are activated and temporary. Teir 1 boosts your chance to crit on your dots. Teir 2 boosts the damage of your pet and Teir 3 increases the damage of your crits. It is generally accepted that Teir 3 is the most powerful Activated AA we get and its potential damage is far greater then the previous Teirs.

Necro are known for their utility. We get several AA in that respect. This utility can help the raider or grouper and either Tap or Pet line alike. The 350 AA range would be a good time to invest in some of these. Some folks argue “you can’t live without these” I don't know if that's true but they will certainly make life easier.

UTILITY

[__]Cloak of Shadows
[__]Call to Corpse
[__]Deathly Pack
[__]Focus of Arcanum
[__]Harmshield
[__]Innate Invis to Undead
[__]Summon Remains
[__]Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery
[__]Whisperwind

SPIKE DPS can fall into either Tap Tank or Pet so I’ll list it next, however you’re probably best served by going down a path and picking these up later, post 500AAs.

[__]Wake the Dead
[__]Army of the Dead
[__]Swarm of Decay
[__]Rise of Bones
[__]Gathering Dusk
[__]Life Burn

TAP TANK

The key to tap tanking is being able to take the hits and heal more then you take.
Remember this: First avoid it, then mitigate it, then soak it.

[__]Combat Agility
[__]Shield Block
[__]Combat Stability
[__]General Sturdiness

Now that you can take the hits, let’s take care of part 2, dealing damage and healing. Bring your nuke damage up and the chance to critical heal, I’d go 1 for 1 on each.
[__]Spell Casting Fury
++[__]Fury of Magic
+++[__]Destructive Fury
[__]Theft of Life
And finally add this in to keep going threw stuns
[__]Persistent Casting

PET TANKING

Ok, much like you your pet gets similar AAs and the same theory applies: First avoid it, then mitigate it, then soak it. You’ll also want to boost his damage and pick up additional ways to heal him and keep him alive.

When dealing with your pet for any reason there are some great pet utility AAs that should be picked up, many guild make this a requirement to have a pet on raids. I will list by group by include numbers indicating purchase order.

UTILITY
[__]Suspended Minion (#1)
++[__]Persistent Minion

[__]Pet Discipline (#2)
++[__]Advanced Pet Discipline

[__]Pet Affinity (#3) *best way to keep pet alive is with buffs*

[__]Feigned Minion
[__]Companion's Relocation

SURVIVABILITY
[__]Fortify Companion – pet rune (#4)
[__]Companion's Agility – pet avoidance (#9)
[__]Study Companion – pet avoidance (#10)
[__]Companion's Durability – hp

DPS
[__]Death's Fury – chance to crit (#5 rank1)
++[__]Death's Wrath – increases crit chance
+++[__]Companions Fury – increases crit chance
[__]Quickening of Death – flurry (#6 rank1)
++[__]Companions Alacrity – increases flurry chance

HEALING
[__]Mend Companion (#7 rank 1)
[__]Companion's Blessing – pet heal (#8 rank 1)
[__]Replenish Companion

After 10 I’d go back in and fill in ranks and bounce around filling them all out.

Heligast Dragonkin 77 Necromancer
Magnamund Summersword 56 Enchanter
Illuvian 26 Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Nice! Thanks Heli :)

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 am 
Officer

now do one for the shammy LOL just kidding shammy are such jack of all trades that i know its hard choosing which AA path to follow(trust me BOY do i know)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

lol, well, i do understand, as i tried to find out about the enchanter tree and boy was it a nightmare trying to find it. honestly, i still havent found one for when i get my enchanter up in level to do aa's

Illuvian 26 Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:18 pm 

My opinion may vary from others, but I could put some time into it and make you a list of some of my favorite Enchanter AA's. Won't be anywhere near as pretty as that necro one tho.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:41 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

ooh! please do! im all ears to see what you would put your enchanter aa's into as i have no clue what i would put them into lol

Illuvian 26 Ranger