[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Old School...

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old School...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 0
Ahh...Freeport. The sunshine state.

I am not a huge alt person. I love my necro too much!

However...I was thinking about starting an alt and strictly keeping him in the original EQ world (maybe expanding to Kunark later). I would restrict my gear to Pre-Kunark only and to drops that I can get myself (no twinking).

I have two accounts and can box, but honestly I suck at it. :lol:

I was thinking of going with a druid. I have never played one and thought it would be very beneficial for travelling (no PoK!) plus I can solo if needed. I have a feeling it might be a lonely existance in the old world.

I want to be able to do as many old world quests as possible also.

Any thoughts on class or classes to play (remember I do not 2-box effeciently)? Also - anyone interested in joining me on this venture of self inflicted pain is welcome. :grin:

-Poxx

Post subject: Re: Old School...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

While I'm partial to the warrior/shaman duo for obvious reasons, I think sk/shaman would be a pretty potent combo. Sk would give you tanking/pulling/snare and the shaman brings buffs/heals/slows. The one downside to this duo is dps, so it might take longer to level.

If you are going to box, I would definitely make a shaman part of the duo as they can stack with just about every class. You could box a kiter/shaman and use the shaman's dots and pet for additional dps. A cleric is superior healing, but the kiter shouldn't be getting hit. Can a cleric nuke or dot anything besides undead?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I immediately thought of Drexxell, who did something similar with an alt. I think the alt he started may be too advanced to group with one just beginning, though.

That does sound like fun. All my alts have languished by the wayside, however, and I tend to concentrate on Alley.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:32 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Good luck on it.
If I had the time to play it would be fun to join you.

Several of the old world area's have been revamped in the last couple of years.
Oasis is gone completely, I miss getting revenge on the sand giants there.
I do not remember right off which zones are no longer like they were in the original EQ release.

Chiamage
Chiawiz
Cerinaa
Fluuffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:59 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

mage/shaman.. mage will bring pet who can tank some..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:07 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

We've had good luck with the Shaman / Paladin combo...tankage plus double healers plus rezzing. No ports, but that's not so bad...you'll never have to worry about taking a boat (gnomes and all that) so the Ocean of Tears trip will be fast.

I think it's an interesting idea. Personally, if you're going to be bad at 2-boxing, I'd consider something more like cleric/warrior, where the cleric is treated more like a mercenary...just type /follow and heal when necessary. Let the warrior do all the work.

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:34 pm 
Elder

*cough *cough.... Gnomes are out and boats are back :heifer:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Magelo: 1412672
And Freeport is still the worst revamp in EQ history. :(

Who let the gnomes out?! Woof, woof woof, woof woof!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I group with my wife (Honeydew) with just about all my characters in some fashion. By far the easiest class in my opinion to group with a druid is its counterpart the ranger. Both classes are self sufficient and can get themselves out of trouble when needed via the occassional root/snare. With a druids dots/charm/snare combo and a rangers arrows, quick damage, and sheer determination to climb out of the reputation of the only class with an innate gate..it makes for a quick battle. Not to mention if you pick a zone with animals, your home free. :grin: Agree with Adega too though, shaman with any tank class is a great combo as well. Just my :twocents:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Poxx you cannot beany worse at boxing than i am. as i know if i box one ofr the characters will be dead. so i mainly only box for buffing purposes then one toon csn stay in the guild hall and hopefully wil not be attacked 8-O

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:26 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

I had no clue they rolled back to the boats! That's actually great news, because it was a very cool part of the EQ atmosphere.

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Last edited by Drexxell on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:39 pm 
Officer

Had to love those half hour boat rides.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 am 
Officer

well poxx ive got a lvl 5 chanter i fool around with once in a great while admittedly he is slightly twinked but nothing beyond kunark era stuff i can move him to freeport easy enough so let me know if you want some company

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:32 pm 

If original EQ is what you want then check out --link removed--

It won't be the same experience you had 9 years ago, but I believe it would be closer than anything you could accomplish using current everquest.

:twocents:

B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:53 pm 

I would like to make sure everyone is on the same page with regard to 3rd party sites and content that is appropriate for these forums.

We are an EverQuest guild, and as such, have certain responsibilities to our members and the server at large to remain free of those things which may jeopardize the accounts of ourselves and those we associate with. These things most certainly include third party applications which alter game play or other sites which have taken code and modified it.

Please, do not link to sites which contain or reference these types of software.
- emulation servers for EQ or EQ-based shards
- software to run while playing EQ that modifies the code and provides unfair advantage (not combat parsers)

We have seen the fallout of people using various cheats and hacks before and wish to prevent anyone in our guild or our friends from suffering, even unknowingly, from this type of event.

Thanks