[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Soloing

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soloing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:16 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Just a quick question for comparison.

Right now my main technique with single pull soloing has been doing a melody with:

Largo's Assonant Binding
Tunyen's Chant of Poison
Tunyen's Chant of Disease
Tunyen's Chant of Fire

I use a Thunderous Drum Of Karana as my drum modifier, and a Bloodstone Of The Dance when I need to have both of my weapons equipped, JIC.

The three Tunyen song tick for 78 damage each.

Is this the best I can do at level 55, or am I capable of much better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:43 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

That sounds about right for that level. One thing I used to do if there was room for it was to drop the binding and kick in selos instead. My reasoning was that if I ran into any other mob I'd be able to keep on crusing and let the other mob follow if it wanted to, but I could still kill the mob I was kiting and Not get killed by the mob I bumped into. Sometimes you can get quite a train going this way, but not terribly dangerous if you keep on top of your location etc...

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:27 pm 

Magelo: 500172
Heezie, you've just had advice from the master. :) Be honored!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

/cries iro come back! you are missing so much fun!

anyways yeah heezie thats what i would do as well .. use selos especially since it lasts longer then the snare you would cast on them and can use all your dots more effectively

edite: plus you can use four dots instead of three

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:42 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Thank for the info guys. :)

Just 2 more questions, heh.

Are you incorporating the Selos and four DOT's into a melody chain together, or just triggering Selo's on its own?

And when it comes to Selos, Accelerando or Song Of Travel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:16 am 
Elder

Magelo: 0
With all the bodies he left laying around.... I don't think he actually got the selo's in the melody :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:35 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

We miss you IRO come on back to us when you have the time. Errr Just one comment. Iro states "not too dangerous". I will refer to Malbro's comment above "With all the ..... laying around". Iro did advance fast in levels so he must have been doing something right. :)

Windweyen - level 24 Ranger
Musickiller - level 20 Bard
Mordemonk - level 29 Monk
Mordewiz - level 18 Wizard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:44 pm 
Enforcer

ok now having my own bardling.. I can honestly say I can't twist more than 3 songs at a time... am I slow or just not doing it quite right?

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:36 pm 

It's gonna depend on the songs and their duration more than anything. Getting 4 going depends heavily on the situation (talking without /melody here) and what you're singing. Durations of 12 or 18 seconds are much easier to make last through a twist of 3 or 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:20 am 
Guild Leader

Waves at Iro :grin: ...u r missed :!:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:22 pm 

I never did use the melody as I found it to be very unreliable when kiting or in dangerous situations. Manually it really is only practical to twist 3 songs continuously.. if you don't mind a second or three of a song falling off now and then, do 4. Whenever I was in a pretty 'safe' kiting arena I'd keep 4 going most of the time, but any danger and I'd just twist 3 and take the extra minute or two to get the job done. Never try to kite with song of travel... any time you start a new song you'd fall to the ground and run slowly again!

Thanks guys for saying I'm missed! I miss the game, but can't see myself back any time soon :(

70 Bard, at your service

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:18 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

yeah i pretty much do what iro said.. sometimes i do charm kite depending on what i am killing ..

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:00 am 

Ah you bring up my favorite. Whenever possible I would charm kite. It is the fastest, safest, and meanest way to kill other critters. I've seen Many bards that don't do it, because it really does take a bit of technique to do well.

70 Bard, at your service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:18 am 
Wayfarer Herald

/wavw Iro hope the realestate business is going well so you can return to us one day 8)

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior