[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Alt Advancement (AA's)

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alt Advancement (AA's)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:25 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Okay, gots a question for ya all:

Have any of you started working on your AA's? And if so, what lev do recommend starting those and what percentage of yoour xp are you allocating?

Now that I have the 53 Pally, I am trying to figure out if I should work on AA's and what importance I should give to them. Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated! :grin:

A confused dwarf warrior (tryin ta play a half-elf pally!) :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:36 am 
Friend of WoV

I have come to the conclusion AA points begin to become a personal thing. In other words, depending on the individuals goal, then that should determine if you should want to take advantage of AA points or not. Also, if you read the various class boards, many will recommend that you get to level 54, then go 100% into AA to get your 3 points for your run ability, then go back to 100% exp and level up to 60 and once you have gotten to level 60 the natural thing would be to go 100% AA and go from there. I don't know if you have witnessed this yet or not, but I have seen a level 60 kiting and could not help but feel very cheated at the fact because here this person already has their exp levels, but what they are in fact doing is working on AA exp. Another thing that some people might make a priority is to get 6 AA points so they can have the Baron title....but there again that falls into the category of personal choice. I know the archetype AAexp is way cool and a personal thing for Kamvenya will be to have her AA points so that when she gets to level 59 she will be able to get her unholy stead. Otherwise...Kamvenya's goal is to get her levels and such. I'm not sure about what is in store for Lacries at the archetypes, but the same does apply to her as well...to level up and have AA points by the time she reaches the respective level for the advanced AA points.

Hope this helps ya some. Best thing to do is to do some research on the Internet about AA points and determine for yourself your game plan. Both Lacries and Kamvenya at level 52 are each putting 20% exp into AA points. Lacries has 1 AA point to date and Kamvenya is about 2 yells from her 1st AA point. They both will maintain that ratio for awhile, so their level increase will be slow in coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:27 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Since there are many cool AA abilites at 55 and again at 59 that require haveing spent X points on the lower AA abilities, I want to already have them used by the time I get there. For that reason, I am usually at 50% AA. I also switch to 80% near either kind of ding as I push for it. I also go heavier towards level XP just after a level ding to create a buffer in case of death. As Kam said, It's a personal choice with everyone.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:28 pm 
Friend of WoV

Take from one who now knows the AA story ..guess i didnt read the right forums b-4 i did my AA stuff. Shogi now has 20 AA points. Each AA point is the equivalent of doing lvl 51 the old way b-4 they nerfed the after 50 xp thing. The best thing you can do is get ur run3 as they call it, level straight to 60 & then work on whatever AA u wanna do. Run3 (3AA pts. in Run Speed) is the equal of JBoot speed permanently even in dungeon areas where SoW wont work. Believe me its xtremely helpful if u dont like to die as much, cuz it gives u that lil xtra ummph u need sometimes to stay ahead of the mobs & try to zone. Once u get to 60 check on your class website forum boards as to which AA's are the best to get for ur class. To get any Titles from AA you need the following to do so...1)Baron=6AA pts. in the General catagory at a min. lvl of 51, 2)Next Title Name (diff for each class)=12AA pts. to be spent in the Arch-type catagory at a min. lvl of 55, 3)Next title=24AA pts. to be spent in the Class catagory at a min. lvl of 59. Also once u achive these pts. for each Title you must log out completely( after you have trained the appropriate amt. of points in your catagory) & then back in to see any Title to show or take effect. Hope this helps anyone who wants to know about the AA points & Title changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:50 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:05 pm 
Friend of WoV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:12 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:58 am 
Friend of WoV

If no one has noticed Shogi gave up & naggy & is now levelin straight to 60. This is because of 2 things ...1) WoV does not have the manpower/resources, or the flexibility of a quick response time from it's members to do naggy or Vox. This is cause u need at least 4-5 clerics & 4-5 casters ( wiz's or mages ) to do Naggy/Vox. 2) Most of the items that drop off Nagy/Vox can be found on other Dragons also..i.e. Gore,Faydedar(real not druid version),ixiblat,etc. . I realized this conclusion when i was tryin to do Naggy for our Guild...it's a sad thing,but true. I would love to do the "Real" Faydedar as he seems to be the easiest of the others to do & we can utilize all of our 45+ members to try to take him down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:34 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

OOOOOOOOO, Surphat reeeeeely wants to do Faydadar. Less both halves of the book drop offa him, Surphat needs him more than once. This be true of any of the Paladans in guild that need Epic. From my reading of Paladan epic, he is one that drops both parts of the book.

Sursadan Cleric of 57 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 60 Seasons

Post subject: others?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:35 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Vendding - 94 Magician