[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Physical Enhancement

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Physical Enhancement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:55 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:16 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Sursadan Cleric of 57 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 60 Seasons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:00 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:37 pm 
Friend of WoV

Hiya All...Hi Legls :)

This is just what I myself did, but I will also add some opinions from experiences here also...

General

The only ones I have found of extreme value here is the Innate Metabolism, Regeneration and Run Speed. I also did a few points in the Innate Stamina, but with buffs how they are now, I wish I had those points back. I also maxed my First Aid for use when I am farming.

Class

I would have to say the most important one here is Natural Durability, followed VERY close by Combat Agility/Stabilty. ANYthing that can reduce the amount of damage you take is a GOOD thing.

Archetype

Probably the best, imho, under this heading is the Physical Enhancement.

Ambidexterity - this is a GREAT one to get, even though saving up 9 AA's kinda stinks. I like the fact that it makes my dual wield better, which in turn allows me to attack/proc more on mobs. The added procs, especially if your using Hate based weapons, rules.

Area Taunt - I have found this very handy in some groups where there are 3 or more adds and the chanter might have a hard time getting a mez to land. It also comes in handy in some raid situations. (just have to be careful with WHERE you use it LOL)

Planes of Power

Innate Defense, Lightning reflexes and Planar Power (stat cap increase) are a must have for any Tank. All the rest are just icing on the cake and I haven't wasted any points on them yet.

PoP Advanced

Planar Durability is great to have (another HP increase), also Ferocity is another good one as it once again increase your chance of using dual wield.

Hope that helps some. I was goind off the outdated list on casters Realm. The best thing I can recommend Legls, is ANY AA that increases your stat cap, Hit Points, damage avoidance, damage mitigation are all good things and should try to get those first and foremost. After that, anything that can help you land your hits (aka weapon procs) to increase your hate with the mobs is a GOOD thing also.

The MOST important thing though is to do what YOU want :)

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:09 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

of course also the choosing of origin is a lovely ability for any tank =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:01 pm 
Guild Leader

Thanks for the question and the answers were great......Vae you wrote that very nicely. I understood and followed what you were saying.....and being fairly over whelmed.......I mean nintendo this is not.....<and i didn't play that often> You came accross very well......am informed and impressed 8)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Thx for all the replies and thanks for the tank blueprint Vae. The main reason I asked is I tend to shy away from AAs that are vague and don't tell me exactely what they do. Also Ambidexterity is an AA that I had really overlooked, but it may be a long time before I have the willpower to save up 9 points. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:32 pm 
Elder

Magelo: 0
Yep he wrote quite legibly for a barb :twisted:

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:51 am 
Friend of WoV

Thanks all LOL Anytime Legs...I haven't been feeling all that well the last couple of days and once I log in, I will write down the others (oow/gates) and let ya know my opinion about those also :)

NOTE: Another thing I have recently learned is that AC rocks. The higher your AC, the better off you are also. Until I can get some upgrades and get my AC up to around 2K, I have heard that there is probably a snowball's chance in heck for me to tank in Riftseekers Sanctum. So also look at improving your AC, even if you take a little HP loss.

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:08 am 
Friend of WoV

Every time I see that subject, a NWS thought comes into mind -- but I'll keep it there :)

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182