[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - stuns with push

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:57 pm 
Friend of WoV

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:18 pm 
Friend of WoV

Okay...since I am one of those tanks trying to whack the mob that just got pushed, I would like to add my two cents from my experiences.

Stuns generally aggravate me to no avail. Like Llaffer mentioned earlier, it is purely situational. On mobs that gate or have a tendancy to CH, I try to push them into a corner or against a wall to pin them so that the stuns are not knocking them out of my melee range. Rallos gave me kick, bash and incite (very short stun/taunt) to try and break up casters spells. I also hit fast enough that i can generally, but not all the time, break up their spells. With stuns, the best thing I can recommend is to play around with em and see.

As far as pets go, they are completely awesome and put out some great DPS. However, like Iro said, they are not for every situation. MJ mentioned not casting the pets proc buffs. I think that that would be something also to play around with some.

The best thing I can offer is this...Experiment. Don't let others tell you how to play your characters. Learn how to play them and push them to their limits. Nothing is impossible unless you try it first. At level 53 in Ocean of Tears, no one thought is was possible for my Druid to have 6 Seafury cyclops' rooted and dot'd in a nice little line. Did I think it was impossible for my druid to that at his level? Only until I tried it. (ask Hardolmer sometime...I think that was the very first time I ever truly impressed him :) )

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:40 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Mob positioning is the biggest change in roles that I've come across so far. As an Enchanter I have on many occasions used aggro to position mobs. There have been very few instances where I couldn't get aggro if I wanted it and couldn't lose it if I didn't. Sometimes staying alive in between can be tricky though, luckily I play with the best cleric in the game. :wink: Being a pure caster I never have to be toe to toe or even facing mobs so I nearly always play in 3rd person. I started that back in Paludal caverns as a puller for a high dps group. I just stood in the middle and panned around to see all the mobs at the spawns, even the ones in the tents. Target, BCB, Slow, repeat.
Now as a melee... OMG! ....your target is out of reach... you cannot see your target... all the big melee push, caster push, pet push, make it stop make it STOP!
I catch myself moving backwards about 6 paces, then sitting. In most instances (if I'm doing my job) I already have the mobs attention so he will come to me. Luckily at 52 most mobs I encounter don't summon yet. If I don't have his attention, most likely I will now because I sit. Result = mob comes right to me and I can commence with the beating he deserves. Bonus result = pets and other melee are now BEHIND the mob pushing toward me instead of to the side. The downside, everyone else gets the out of reach, cannot see target messages. And if they happen to be afk or not paying close attention we lose their dps. Getting summoned changes this but most mobs have a recast of some sort to their summon. So if you act quickly after being summoned you can still get the mob to chase you to the point you want him.
Third person as a melee is much more difficult. I still prefer it but depending on where we are hunting, especially if I am pulling its hard to stay in. I usually toggle between 1 and 5.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Phever 62 Beast

Veeshan....okay okay Luclin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:30 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)