[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - stuns with push

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stuns with push
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:20 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

these spells are used to interup mobs casting ,make them not hit for a bit or move the mob to where you want it right?
but what iam wondering is what good is hitting a non casting mob that is where we want it with one?
by the time the melee move the ten feet it was pushed back the stun has worn off of it and its hitting again so all it did was make the melee miss hitting it .
and have seen rooms pasied so one mob can be single pulled out to the group only to watch it be pushed bit by bit back into the same room where the other mobs now aggro the group. :cry:
someone told me that stuns with push work from the way the caster is faceing not from where hes standing so if the mob is in front of the caster and he wants to bring it back towards him all hes gotta do is face the other way( turn hes back to the mob ) b4 he casts it and the push will move the mob towards the caster 8-O , i am not sure if this is true or not .
maybe iam lookin as this all wrong i dont know if iam missing something or not but this push seems to be more trouble than its worth :?
someone with one of these spells let me know if iam just not getten what what they are for ,and if that faceing the other way thing works please

Snowdark lvl 90 Dark Elf SK / 103 park circle , Elm woods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:50 am 
Friend of WoV

The direction of push is very important in many high-end encounters:

Emporer so you don't move into your CC group, or back into a wall cutting off your Rogues, or

Aagnar encounter so you don't move the adds into the tanked Aagnar off to the side, etc.

Most raid leaders will request that pushing spells like this not be used, as the number of melee on the mobs will be hard enough to control as it is.

Another reason why many raid leaders don't like having pets around -- due to their unpredictable level of push.

The best thing to do in most cases is to find a wall to pin the mob against and have most of the melee attack from the side, to push the mobs into the wall they are alreay against (so that they don't move around) -- tanks stays in front keeping agro, rogues are behind. Pets carefully placed so they are with the other melee pushing into the wall from the side.

That strategy can be practiced even in LDoNs and other single groups (WW camp in PoV, for example) to prevent what Snow described above -- pushing mobs into the pulled room with friends.

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:33 am 
Friend of WoV

I know that with bard mez, you can control which way the mob is pushed by the direction you are facing. I try doing the same thing with the knockback root on the shaman but if I have to root, that usually means something has gone wrong and I haven't been able to pay too much attention as to whether or not changing which way I face will change the direction of the push.

I have seen enchanters control which way they push mobs with their AE stuns in AE exp groups and in raids where swarm pets need to be controlled while the main boss mob is killed. So I know that it is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:48 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:33 am 
Friend of WoV

<option>272 from 2100
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:40 am 
Friend of WoV

i've been getting my legs on the push that comes with my pet. Yesterday at Ssra, i backed off Ceru and kept repositioning him to combat whatever direction the mobs were being pushed. Whenever Mal and Tony is there, i like to start off with having the bst pets opposite each other to try to cancel out the effect. Now the question i'm wondering is should me and Mal have our pet procs up for raids where it is so important to keep the mobs as centered as possible? I think our band did a pretty good job overall pushing them around in circles, and encircling the critters, i was just wondering if this little tweak would make much of a difference. obviously i'd rather have have pet procced up lol but if it would be better to leave it off, i like living a bit more)

UNREST server EQ2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:24 am 
Friend of WoV

It is situational.

Some encounters require less finesse and more DPS, there you would want to proc up as much as possible.

There are other encounters that need more strategy (could be extreeme agro control, push control, etc.) where it might be better off to not have the pet as buffed up as you would like, sometimes it is best for the raid to not use pets at all.

If in doubt, ask the raid leader -- and don't question his response. It only causes more agrivation and wasted time. If it turns out to be a wrong call, the next time could be tried differently. Sometimes there is no way to know until you've made some mistakes.

<option>272 from 2100
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:11 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

lag permitting i play in 3rd person view with the angle up a bit so i get to see alot of the battlefield and can notice other mobs that we may be pushing our mob towards and i cant do that as well in 1st person view , but on the other hand my norm. view makes it harder to traget a mob that is inside the group area( like an add ) :oops:
dont know if this helps any but maybe trying diff. views can help with seeing where to move the pets to after the fight starts ?

Snowdark lvl 90 Dark Elf SK / 103 park circle , Elm woods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:12 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Depending on the character, I go to 3rd person as well, especially as a Chanter, to mezz an add even as they are raising their clubs to strike. Strongly recommend this tactic to anyone who isn't in a direct head-to-head melee with the mob, just to have the overall view of things.

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:52 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:23 am 
Friend of WoV

<option>272 from 2100