[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Where to hunt.

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to hunt.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:59 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Am I just spoiled by hunting in the Paludal with my little people. Seems that wherever Surphat hunts and with whomever, the yellows is painfully slow in coming. Hunted the other nite with Joie in JP and in bout 1 - 2 hours, barely got a blue. I have hunted with some 50+ and some round my level and it seems that the xp is bout the same. Bout the only place I seen decent xp lately is at the Ry'gor fort. Is this a function of being lvl 45 or am I just not hunting in the right places. (Had a rant here but deleted it, bout how useless Surphat is). How did u get to 50+ Doran and is it worth it in the sense of being useful in a group? Does it get really slow no matter where you are after 45 or are there better places for a Paladin to hunt?

Sursadan Cleric of 57 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 60 Seasons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:06 pm 
Friend of WoV

U are at "THAT" stage of ur game now Surphat. From now on the xp u get will go slower & slower. The best place for u to be leveling right now is in DL & then when ur 49-50 u can do KC till like 52 when u can begin to do places like Seb & other parts of Velks. The farther up u go in level the farther down u go in xp speed. As for the value part Dorran will have to answer that. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:37 pm 
Friend of WoV

Hmmm....something doesn't sound right if you hunted with Joie for 1 - 2 hours in JP and barely got a blue....you are lvl 45 and Joie is about lvl 54 or 55....10 lvl difference will slow you down some and at lvl 45 will slow you down some, but the total slow down does not equal less than or barely 1 blue in that amount of time in that particular zone unless you had ALOT of downtime for meding. Now perhaps I am not remembering something right, but Kamvenya at lvl 45 hung around with Shogi, Iro, Alley, and various other 50+ peeps and maintained a good exp flow...IMHO. The lower level characters and experience increase does spoil one yes, but the hell levels were done away with and the experience has not really slowed any significant degree for Kamvenya as compared to Lacries at the same stage. Lacries was before the lifting of the hell level and she really did get her 52 seasons the hard way. Kamvenya has had the easy road in comparison. I agree with Shogi however, DL is about the best place for the faster experience grind, if you can deal with the mindset in that zone. Next time you play Surphat, take note of exactly when you start and stop, the exact start of the blue line and exact stop of the blue line, the difference in levels between you and the highest player, and most importantly, how much down time occurred or was it constant pulls....the pulls per hour is perhaps the key to how slow or fast your experience will move no matter what person you group with. Let me know what you come up with...I am most interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:45 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Ok, sounds good. I hunted with you guys in SD while back and my blue barely creeped. Then again in Trak and again barely creeped. Hunted in Ry'Gor with Iro an other 45+ to 50+ and was getting good XP by comparison. But very unscientific memory working here so need more data....need more data....need more data.......BONK! Sorry, got stuck. Didn't mind the low XP rate in Trak as I was there for a couple of specific drops that you guys help me get! Thanks! By the way, the Hangman's Noose has helped me get away from damage more than it has helped me do more damage. Didn't realize it would make me run faster too! The dungeon trains have much more trouble keepin up HEHEHEHE :lol:

Thanks. Been shying away from DL due to accessability and response to LFG messages those times I have been there. Time to Plant Surphat and just keep visiting and if no response, camp and play littler guy, hunt when he can find a group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:08 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Kith and Palan feeling same pain Surphy. When we are in a group in DL with about 4 or even 6 and chain pull .. xp is really good. Maybe a yellow in an evening. It is the pull rate we have found that makes the difference. We've hunted on our own, but it doesn't cut the mustard.

We've been focused on our noobs just now out of frustration. Maybe this is like a big call for a Wayfarer DL attack. Goodness knows there are plenty of mobs to pull.

Our spot has been the FV / DL zoneline. Maybe we need to get some groupage going there. BW has also been discussed .. maybe a raid there.

Anyway hang in there. Your brothers and sisters in the early 40's are suffering right along with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:18 am 
Personally, if I played a pally, I would try to stick to zones with a high concentration of undead, at your lvl, namely LGuk, Gulog got great xp there and the drops are still very good. Walk out of there with a couple of yaks and fbss's then you're doing well, not to mention SMR's and other lootable items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:47 am 
Friend of WoV

Aye that is a point Gulog....I was down there for 2 days to camp the Noble for my life leech quest...I am level 51 and the exp is not moving as quickly as before, but I did manage to gain 2 yellows in the time that I was there. Additionally Surph...Titovon has an apartment down there and has gained several levels while living there....he is now a 58 pally...you might want to ask him a thing or two as well...plus ask Dorann for some feedback on helpful pally hints. You got 2 big brothers it would seem :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:46 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Actually LGuk does interest me more. Specially with stuff like the FBSS available. Surliman would sure like a haste item or 2 and so would Srailkat. Both have tried stealing the Hangman's Noose from Surphat an he had to slap em down a coupla times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:21 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0
Sorry I took so long to answer was out of town I think when you started this thread but anyway for what its worth here's the short story ( at least I'll try to keep it short) on how Dorann went from mid 40's to current 54 and what things I learned along the way "I" think help me play a paladin that is group friendlly.

I languished sp? at levels 42-43 hunting solo, yep that is correct SOLO in friona vie killing drolvargs, I did this by using first sow potions then later jboots and bow to pull my target to a safe spot fight root when I was low on health step back and heal myself and then step back in and finish the job melee. The exact timing and technique would be difficult to explain but it was doable.

At level 43 disgusted with slow pace of solo'n, I was convinced to go to City of Mist with celone(ranger) and merker(monk) to try and hunt some new areas and maybe find a group. While we did find groups on occasion we also hunted most of time as three and two man groups there with some good results, and here is where I learned some skills. In COM in either 2 or 3 man group I was the healer I at the time could not hold agro so I would back off and heal when other tank(s) were about half health, use root to let others step back and regroup if needed, I had a deepwater helm and used the mana free 100hp heals during down time to conserve mana and heal my partners, I learned to use calm line of spells to pull singles if ranger was not there to harmony,(note this deffinately works in COM and sometimes in other places its something you have to "try" casting calm on a mob will lower it's agro range for short time then u can pull last one in group after casting on all the others, or if mob resisted it would "usually" agro by itself and leave the others). Root parking multiple pulls or (ghetoo mez'n) is another skill I learned there. I liked COM because it had a decent amount of undead mobs and let me use my paladin skills against undead.

Anyway using the above tricks of the trade we could hold 2 mob spawn areas (both balconies one left and one right just inside or the very entrance) and pull extras while waiting for spawn(s). Between this type of hunting which was about 75-80% and the other group exp Dorann managed to level in about a month from 43 to 50 with the high point coming when I managed to level thru 45 (back when it was a hell level) in one weekend of power playing.

From level 50 to curent 54 I've been lucky to find some great groups to hunt with or had the good fortune to group with a healer class such as druid or cleric and hunt as a two person team hunting such mobs as giants in GD and CS wyrvens. So there's my story in a nutshell. I feel it taught me some interesting skills.

Now with Luclin there are plenty of good areas to hunt, I'd also suggest Mons Letalis as a good mid 40's spot with plenty of mobs to hunt most times and a fair amount of safety and low numbers of players in zone.

Hope this is helpful or at least entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:56 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Duz, Doran. Thanks. I learnt some of those skills also. Used the Root an heal technique to kill Blood Starved wolf in DS before. But, I did also hit that "Soloin is soooooo slow" point. Did Crazzed Gobs in BB for a while, good xp, Guards near to help, decent PP from drops and figured that for me, Soloin is not fun. I like your 2 and 3 man group hunting ideas. I guess I get the most fun out of hunting with a couple of peeps that we compliment and are not afraid to die. If the hunting is too safe, XP bout the same as soloin and bout as boring. Surphat is currently in RM and lookin to maybe find some castors lookin for a tank to kill Giants. He reeeeealy needs the PP bout now. Was nice to hear that I not the only Pally goin thru "Growin Pains". Thanks. COM looks like an idea to keep in the bak o me mind for future reference. I did notice that it kinda hinged on ya findin complementary groupin.

And wuz wanderin bout the team of Palan and Kith. Get on, look, don't see and hop over to one o me littler peeps. Surfeedar has found that he can Solo Snow Cougars long as he keeps a goodly supply of bandages on hand. He is sitting in NRO after a bandage run via boat debating on going bak to hunt Snow cats or go to Guk and see if the same type of Technique is faster xp there. Trouble with Snowcats, ya barely keep up with cost of bandages. Musta kilt 30 cats last nite, 1 1/2 yellow, 1 Bloody fang and no Earings! Bunch of ruined and medium quality cat pelts I sold to gnome vendor for money to buy bandages tho. Works out to bout a yellow every 2 hours killing Snow Courgars. Coulda Kilt a lot more a lot faster if i didn't have to sit down so much healing and waiting for Mend to come bak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:51 pm 
Officer

Magelo: 0
OT is still good at 43 also. Solo or grouped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:51 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Palan and Kith been outta circulation for a bit, but hopefully you'll see us on a bit more. Didn't realize there was a real life out there ... why didn't you guys warn me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:37 pm 
Enforcer

Wait a minute.. I did tell you there was a real life out there... That was right before you introduced ME to EQ.

Hehehe Welcome Back Buddy. Both you and Bard Boy are sorely missed.

<hugs>

Me

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:31 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

What is RL..Real Life...I thought EQ was Real Life....Oh yea, seem to remember something bout wife ....... boat ....... golf......fishing ...... camping .... Vague memories tho?? There was a Dragon... No...Double Dragon... MMMMMM.... seem to remember the name Disney World attatched to that? What zone is that world offa?

Post subject: hey hey hey!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:21 am 
Hey im not a caster i cant root or heal so normaly i cant solo very good witout a healer. I can never find a group they are always in Ldon. I got all my lvls at Ldon but now i dont get much exp there any more.Right now i dont know where i get good exp or what exp is any more :cry: :cry: The only time i can find a group is to go to ldon but i get 1 member and no 1 else joins or we get a good group then the healer goes LD and the group starts fightin about who buged her/him and everyone leave or they get in a fight no matter what and still end up leaveing. Its real sad if u ask me. So any idea where i can find a group and a good place to lvl up in.

Loinheart 42 warrior
qandywen 23 cleric
veshan