[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - WOOT! 2 More Armor Slots Coming!

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:36 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

The 2 slots have actually been here for a while, but most people do not take advantage of them.

I am referring to Stat Enchancing Food & Drinks. Fist I will explain how they work, then give some suggestions.

As you play, your charactor periodically eats from your inventory. The food eaten is always the one highest in your inventory. (i.e. 1st bag, top slot). If the food in your inventory that would be eaten next has stats on it, then those stats will be applied to you. However, eating a Stat Food only makes you lose it. To prevent this from happening you can take regular foods and right click on them to stay full. By doing this, just 1 stat food can last forever as long as you remember to stay full. Stat drinks work the same way.

The most commonly used stat foods are & . Both are very popular skilling up meathods and routinely dumped in the bazaar. Because of their abundance they are popular with those who won't bother to forcefeed and just buy more as needed. For those who already use a stat food & remember to keep full I am willing to supply . I only have a few so I don't want them to go to waste.

The king of all stat foods is which requires that you make it yourself. I have a very limited supply of materials for these, but for anyone in the guild that reaches 240+ baking I will assist you in getting some of these.

The 3 main stat drinks which are , and . Which of these you prefer will depend on the needs of your style of play. I have a small supply of materials for the teas & constitutionals. If you will force drink as well and are interested in either of these then simply contact me in game and I'll see what I can do.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:55 am 
Friend of WoV

Don't forget that you eat more when you're mounted. I think it's your mount eating too :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:33 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
is another stat food that provides +5 resists to all. A stack of those and a stack of Kaladim Constitutionals are in my raid backpack to be equipped for raids.

This is an easy way to get +10 resists to all without giving up equipment slots, as Kahmon points out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:06 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:36 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

So far the in game responce to this has been very disapponting.

Not one person has aspired to GM baking or even work on forcefeeding to be able to request hero sandwiches. All my supplies are still just sitting in the bank, though I have managed to stock up on hero parts so that the sandwiches can be easier to make.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:51 am 

Magelo: 0
Actually, there are a couple of folks who DO aspire to GM the baking skill. However, as with all things, it takes time. There were other fronts that were concentrated on first.

I know that Episkopos is pushing toward 250 in Baking slowly, as he has time and combines for it. I'm sure that I'll eventually get baking there, but it's not as necessary at the moment for me to get it much higher than it is right now (I'd need to start working on AAs for it, and levels will be more important for what I want to do now.)

I very much do appreciate the time and effort that you have devoted to tradeskills. I've got a 10 slot bag full of food however. After it runs out, I'm sure that I'll need something to fill the space, but that stuff seems to last forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:52 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Let me at least throw my hat in the ring...

I originally aspired to GM pottery, but really, there isn't much that floats my boat above 200. I like the idea of GMing either Baking or Brewing because they both seem a little easier/less expensive than pottery, and because they are skills that'll be called on frequently. (i.e. I won't be eating my pottery-made steins, but will surely eat my food and drink and so a high skill in those two seems more useful to me).

However, I haven't commit yet, because Talinoth, Xandamir and Thunderhart are all tradeskilling, and we've sort of informally talked about each of us covering one tradeskill to GM, so that we can support the guild and each other with greater diversity. (Yeah yeah, it's like being in a 4-way marriage, the negotiations...)

So...anyway, as a way of explaining my own silence on this, I just haven't decided yet.

Drex (who will GM tinkering irregardless)

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:49 pm 
Friend of WoV

I've never had the desire to worry about force feeding myself to preserve stat food.

I still use stat food (MTPs and QATs) and don't have a problem with consuming them and buying more.

I do plan on getting my skills high enough to make them myself, but at this time, I don't have a problem with buying them from others.

If I ever made that food for the Aid Gremmel quest -- then I might change my mind about force feeding :)

<option>78 past 1750 :)
<option>272 from 2100
<option>Jewelry:300+Trophy
<option>Tailoring:259+Geerlok
<option>Pottery:256+Geerlok
<option>Smithing:256+15%
<option>Fletching:254+Geerlok
<option>Baking:252+Geerlok
<option>Brewing:251+Geerlok
<option>Research:202+Geerlok
<option>Alcohol Tolerance:200
<option>Fishing:182
</select>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:07 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Delanie has a 250 baking skill. All of the other skills with the exception of smithing, tailoring and alchemy are maxed at 200 as well (until I can get some aa's into tanaan's which i plan on doing).

Anybody who needs Misty Thickets, Qeynos Afternoon Teas, 10 pound halas meat pies, or anything else of the sort, let me know and i'll make them for free for guildees. Just send tells to Delanie or Meayena with your order... :wink: