[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - 1HS vs 2HS

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:04 am 
Friend of WoV

Centi weapons. Longsword, shortsword, warpear, warhammer, drop off A Umbrous Toiler in Maiden's Eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:20 am 
In Memoriam

ya want a centi sword berr ya can has mine.it was a gift. so it be passed on as a gift. give shout when u see me in game :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:38 am 
Salut!

OHHH i am late on seeing this topic. Here is my 2 cents on it.

As a warrior 56, i have questionned many war 60 to know what was best.

Depending on the situation:

if your main tank, you should use your best one hand weapon, be it blunt or slash in both your hands, in order to keep the highest order of aggro and cumulated damaged is almost as good or better then the 2hander ones.

if your assist, you can use either style but they said i should use my 2handers, the one with the best stats and dam even if it is a bit slow. That way you do dam but you have less chance of taking aggro from the main tank.

As for weapons, my preference so far is the Lamentation, and a sword of mourning. But that is a personnal choice. My 2hander is an Argent defender (/drool)

The Staminaslayer oups wurmslayer is a cool weapon but be ready to be always out of stamina., there are lots of better weapons you can spend your money on, but again its a personnal choice...

Anyway, the most important thing is that you can fill your job, be it main assist or melee assist and have fun with your weapon of choice.

Choupette

VROOM VROOM!

Post subject: May still be Dropping
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:59 pm 
Just read that the Strength of Grodan may still be dropping~!!!

"Just dropped off a battlemaster near AR zone"

Hilil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:06 pm 
Friend of WoV

yes, from what I have read the Strength of Gordan is still dropping but off of the Goranga battlemaster, it no longer drops off the Umbrous toilers liek it used to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:13 pm 
I am late to the discussion, but as a tank how can I pass up the opportunity to talk shop? We men and women of gleaming weapons and steely nerves so rarely speak our minds regarding the execution of our humble duties (along with the execution of a ton of mobs). Here is my 1HS vs. 2HS tale...

I was a 1HS tank exclusively for the first 50 levels of my life in Norrath. At first I swung a Giant Militia Longsword and a shield borrowed from the dead hands of Fippy Darkpaw, all courtesy of my little brother Chadopro. When the time came I became a dual wielding tank and left the shield behind for good - though at times even today my inability to BASH effectively concerns me. I dual wielded at first with two Giant Militia Longswords; then later with the Wurmslayer/Centi Longsword combo. I eventually bought a Lammy/Defiance combo.

Today when I dual wield I go with a Scimitar of the Ykesha (Dam8, Dly22, Wt2.2, Procs Ykesha 75pt DD and knockback - fast, hits hard, procs a knockback and DD often when I am buffed) and Defiance (Dam9, Dly19, Wt5.0 Stats: +10 ac , +6 str , +8 dex - fast weapon, good stat enhancers, AC increase). When I am the Main Tank I like this combo. By swinging faster weapons I increase the speed of the damage I can inflict, moving me up the mob's agro list. This is doubly true when my innate haste (Sash of the Dragonborn) stacks with chanter/shammy haste to have my swords hit somewhere in the 12 to 15 delay range. I use the knockback/DD proc to also help me maintain agro on the mob.

The Scimitar of the Ykesha is not the greatest weapon you will find, but I had the opportunity to loot one in Kithicor and wound up using it. I found that Lammy/Defiance combo, though hitting very fast, struggled to maintain agro on the mob. That DD proc and the knockback has been very effective in keeping the mobs focussed on me and not the casters.

At level 42 or so it occured to me that my 2HS was attrocious (sub 60!) relative to my 1HS (200+). From that point on I sunk every train I had sitting there, plus everyone I got for dinging, into 2HS. I continued to do so for the next ten levels. Eventually I got my skill to around 100, and started the really hard work. Whenever I went hunting as a secondary tank I did so swinging the biggest 2HS I could borrow (Black Acylia Halberd - 2HS 40/48 magic damage +4 effect lifedraw) and proceeded to grind my 2HS up to respectable levels. At last check I am over 195 on 2HS swinging a Reaver (Dam36, Dly40, Wt25, +12 SV COLD +12 SV DISEASE +12 SV MAGIC +12 SV FIRE +12 SV POISON).

My gear is not great by any stretch, but take this from my long reply. It's easier to carry a spare 2HS and work to grind your ability up as you go than it is to make up for lost time later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:29 pm 
Enforcer

Thanks Benclash and everyone.

ATM Peri has a Lammy/centi LS combo and the Throne blade of Yak from CoM as her 2-HS. All seems well for this little ranger. Although I find myself having to stop attacking on occasion so the main tank can regain arrgo while I am using my (2) 1HS weapons.

Peri

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:32 am 
Rangers draw agro, and usually wind up naked in their city of choice as a result. I have often speculated that mobs switch agro to rangers simply because its so darn much fun to dropkick the hitpoint-challenged keepers of the forest.

Perhaps that agro problem occurs because the mobs love to eat foraged berries as much as anyone else. You are close enough for the mobs to smell them on you - what do you expect them to do? Not dig in? Maybe a new strain of berries can be found that have no appreciable smell. Tasty odorless berries, foraged to safely feed the world - that's the challenge.

So what if the mobs can't tell an appreciable difference between rangers and the berries they forage so well... I know lots of players that have the same exact problem telling the difference.

Incidently, can someone give my toungue a yank? It appears to be stuck firmly in my cheek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:44 am 
Friend of WoV

I have 1 comment.....

Benclash....attaboy!!!! :twisted: