[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Soapbox Preachings Part II

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:41 am 
Hey Drex - when you hunt with me you will always see the following messages (or a close variation):

%T is INCOMING, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE CALL TO JUMP IN
(for a heads up, but don't hit the mob yet)

KILL >>> %t <<< NOW!!
KILL >>> %t <<< NOW!!
(for hammer time)

That assist call is pretty obnoxious, but its awful hard to miss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:45 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
I like it, Benclash! ;)

Obnoxious hotkey messages are the wave of the future :)

Drex

P.S. Reminds me of Bugs and Daffy:

Daffy: Let's go through that again...
Bugs: ok
Daffy<calmly>: "shoot him now, shoot him now"
Bugs<calmly>: "you keep out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now"
Daffy<exclaiming>: "A-HA! Pro-Noun Trouble. It's not 'he doesn't have to shoot YOU now', it's 'he doesn't have to shoot ME now'. Well I say he DOES have to shoot me now, so SHOOT ME NOW'
Elmer: <points gun at Daffy and fires>
Daffy<to Bugs>: You're...despicable

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Last edited by Drexxell on Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:51 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I'm a big fan of "attack now" messages. In fact that is usually my main request after I find out who the MT is - what will your attack message be?
It's frustrating to be sitting with your finger poised on a spell icon waiting to be told to go ahead and then see other folks wading in.

Post subject: CAPS!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:15 pm 
I move that all future main assist emotes be in CAPS for easier recognition.

ASSIST ME NOW WITH a Meatshield Named Benclash. ATTACK NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:46 pm 
Banned

It doesn't matter. No matter what you do or how many times you state the rules, someone is ALWAYS going to run in and attack before you call assist. It doesn't matter if you use caps, mixed caps, funny symbols or blinking neon colors on a black background in 97 pt font. It is inevitable that someone will charge in head first before the call has been sounded. This is true of all raids. I have yet to see an exception. (though, admittedly, the repeat offenders are usually people from other guilds that tag along with us) It's just something I've come to accept and even expect now. Besides, sometimes it's fun watching the enchanter pull their hair out while trying to avoid being cleaved in two by something 7 times their size. ;-)

- Att

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:00 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

I'd like to chime in with a point here too :)

Let's say that you see someone else jump in and do something that you THINK is wrong, what should your reaction be?

Sit back and do what you KNOW is right. There are different roles in the raid. Some people actually Should be active when others are waiting. I'm a bard as you all know.. there are many things that I am expected to do or know to be at my most effective. Sometimes I need to run up and get a look at what's happening, or I may need to step up and mez a mob.. or whatever while others are supposed to be sitting and waiting for the call.

Often when I do what I know I need to be doing others are confused by it.. I step forward out of the crowd and half the crowd moves forward with me. Know what is expected of you and do what you Know is the right thing. Hope and Expect that others are doing what They know is right. The raid leaders should be the ones correcting if someone does something out of line.

:) We are good, we do alot and we'll continue to own some major mobs. We all can improve by making mistakes, so let's keep improving and forgive those that do make mistakes.. we've all been there.

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:28 pm 
Friend of WoV

A good basic guide as to what needs to happen in most Raids can be found at www.geocities.com/neferaza/raids.html . Please read the guide in it's entirety down to the beginning of the Howling Stones section. This should give those who dont know what to expect or how to act while on Raids a basic primer on the subject. Sometimes by practicing these same tatics in a hunt group will prepare those not too experienced in raiding on how/what to do in a Raid, so you wont be feeling clueless or causing a 4 hour CR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:12 pm 
Banned

Speaking of raids... We haven't had a good guild wipeout in a while. We're over due....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:18 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Relax Attrael. We have Chadopro leading a Hate Raid on Saturday. :twisted:

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:30 pm 
Friend of WoV

ouch.... :spotparty:

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:50 pm 
Funny that you mention that Kahmon, I think we should attempt that north-west Maestro Safe-spot again. I was SO successful there last time...

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:42 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Chad I'm glad I'm not able to play on saturdays since I seem to remember dying at least 3 times the last time you did that :)

Live Well, Die Spectacually!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:25 pm 
Friend of WoV

geee....Ggnarl talk about a BIG let down...you mean you can't come and die some more for the cause??!!?? and you tell me I'm NO FUN...hrmph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:30 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

If he doesn't then I'll be glad to die twice. Heck, I'm bound to have 2 deaths anyway. I may as well enjoy them. :P

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:19 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Sorry Lac, but the weekends are dad's days to cook, and if I miss that the kids will revolt. Any other time I'm happy to play the sacrafice, like last night. "Toemana tells you: Ggnarl come over here to me" What Toe didn't tell me was she was at the spawn point for the DE's and I eneded up in the middle of them :). I died kicking and screaming like a little girl :)

Live Well, Die Spectacually!!!!!